District 13AA Tournament Bracket

GCPioneer

No problem GC- I don't think it's really a big deal about the other 'situation' , but again we'll look forward to seeing ya Wednesday evening. As for the games- GC had a solid game plan again and worked it to perfection vs. Haywood. Heather Griffin with 33 points was just dominating inside and Aubrey Reedy with a double-double as well with 18 points. Once again this team has multiple players who can lead in scoring on any given night and they definately look like a team on a mission again.

As for the nightcap, my previous comments still stand as Westview got the early lead and maintained the 6 to 8 point lead throughout, controlled tempo and made free throws down the stretch to pick up the 15 point win. Other players for OC have to step up and provide scoring as some were held scoreless in this game. :hungry: As always, 1 can't beat 5 as we've seen in previous post-season games.

Should be interesting with OC/Haywood tonight as a high scoring game could take place. :o

In the nightcap- da "View" will have to handle GC's pressure defense in the full court and half court to have a chance. Rechis and Swaim are playing well but if GC's big three play like they have in the two previous games it could be a long night for the Lady Chargers..

No matter what happens this evening, all four teams will play Friday in the Region 7AA satellite games and don't be shocked if all four 13AA teams advance to the second round :hungry:

Getcha POPCORN READY!! :hungry:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem GC- I don't think it's really a big deal about the other 'situation' , but again we'll look forward to seeing ya Wednesday evening. As for the games- GC had a solid game plan again and worked it to perfection vs. Haywood. Heather Griffin with 33 points was just dominating inside and Aubrey Reedy with a double-double as well with 18 points. Once again this team has multiple players who can lead in scoring on any given night and they definately look like a team on a mission again.

As for the nightcap, my previous comments still stand as Westview got the early lead and maintained the 6 to 8 point lead throughout, controlled tempo and made free throws down the stretch to pick up the 15 point win. Other players for OC have to step up and provide scoring as some were held scoreless in this game. :hungry: As always, 1 can't beat 5 as we've seen in previous post-season games.

Should be interesting with OC/Haywood tonight as a high scoring game could take place. :hungry:

In the nightcap- da "View" will have to handle GC's pressure defense in the full court and half court to have a chance. Rechis and Swaim are playing well but if GC's big three play like they have in the two previous games it could be a long night for the Lady Chargers..

No matter what happens this evening, all four teams will play Friday in the Region 7AA satellite games and don't be shocked if all four 13AA teams advance to the second round :o

Getcha POPCORN READY!! :hungry:

I believe there is a better than average chance that at least two teams from 13AA will not make it to the region semis. 14AA has proven this year that they can beat teams from 13AA. Lexington and Bolivar are very well coached and will be ready for whoever from 13AA. Liberty has been the best team over there up until recently when a couple of injuries put them a little behind the eight ball. However, Coach Poindexter has done a great job and will have his team ready.

McNairy is the biggest unknown. It will depend on which team shows up.

Haywood defeats Obion for 3rd place.

Westview is holding the ball on GC. Butler hit a 3 for GC with about 20 sec. left in the 1st qtr. end of 1 GC 3 MW 0

Wv scores to open 2nd qtr, now 3-2 gc

swaim hits a 3, 5-4 wv

swaim baack door 7-4 wv

reedy scores a 3, 7-7 2.30 left 2nd

haynes hits a 3, 10-7 gc

swaim hits a shot 10-9 gc

gc holding last shot 10-9 half time gc

mw still holding . gc now trapping Rechis misses.

Butler long 3 , 13-9 gc

6 min 3rd

olds rebound gets 2 13-11 gc

gc misses

rechis 2

Butler another log 3

griffin for 2 and a foul 19-13 gc free throw good

olds scores and hit a free throw

griffin scores inside

2 wv free throws

21-18 gc

olds scores waived off a foul call

1.30 to go

griffin rebound scores 24-18

rechis good 24-20 end of 3.

butler for 3 time out wv, 27-20 gc

olds layup fr 2

griffin rebound for 2

rechis misses

5.50 to go

butler for 2, 31-22

olds for 3 good 31-25

olds layup for 2 31-27 charge olds basket waived off 31-25

sims fouls butler. 3.49 to go

steal rechis missed layup

3.20 to go

gc holding 230 to go foul on swaim

t reedy misses free throw

wv misses shot

1.49 to go time out gc

t reedy fouled again 1st shot good 2nd missed

rebound swaim charge on sims

technical on stephenson by joyner 1.30 to go a reedy ft good ft mised. 33-25 gc

griffin good 35-25 gc

foul on wv

57 sec

haynes on the line

37=25

37=28 sims for 3

38 sec

sims for 2 37-30

28 sec

butler fouled 24 sec

39-30

39=32 wv free throw

final 39=32

It is saying i can't beat them one way, I will try another

I would expect that out of a team that is a supreme underdog, but one that has the horses like Westview has, i would expect different. They have everyone back except a couple from last years state semi-final team. But what do I know. :bored:

all academic

swaim, rechis , olds, a reedy, butler, griffin, fussell, glenn, bledsoe,epperson and others i could not hear.

reg season all district hardy, tucker, pate, kee, ?, haynes, ?, glenn, tate, wright, ross, a reedy, ?, swaim, griffin, rechis, butler, fussell mvp larue coach of the year

all tourn pritcher, olds, hughes,haywood?, a reedy, swaim, griffin,fussell, butler, rechis,

How does Haywood Co. beat Obion County Central in the third place game? No way that game should of even been close. It has raised some eyebrows in the basketball world and made some people go Hummmmm!

Obion Co. has been without Katie Pate this whole tournament. Fussell somehow got injured between Monday's game against Westview and last night as she was walking around the boys games last night with a boot on her foot. When I saw that, I knew something was up. As I was watching the consolation game between Haywood and Central, I knew something was up. Some things that happened in that game were pretty obvious, but who knows. Coach Larue is a great coach and has had them playing good basketball here lately.

Congrats to Coach Larue of Obion Co. on Coach of the Year. Congrats to Fussell of Obion Co. on 13AA MVP.

The championship game was interesting to say the least. Westview came in with a great game plan. It was boring to watch, but effective on Westview's part. It kept GC out of rhythm the whole game. It's pretty obvious that everyone knows who the better team is between the two. Tonight they put a big twist into things and really slowed things down, something GC hasn't seen. It was a smart gameplan for Coach Stephenson and Westview. Gibson Co. played smart defense by not fouling and just playing tougher defense as Westview continued stalling the ball. That was Westview's best chance thus far to knock us off and couldn't get it done! Congrats to our girls on 13AA District Champions!!!!!

I also want to say congratulations to Heather Butler as well as Chassidy Fussell on being nominated as AA Ms. Basketball finalist!

Gibson Co. girls are tremendous. Even with the game plan WV threw at them tonight, they never showed signs of being thrown off their game. They were patient and hit shots when they had too. They actually missed a few or the score could have been worse. Once again, the big 4 step and show poise. Butler, Reedy & Griffin and Haynes. They are too poised and smart to get rattled at this stage in the game. They only know one way to play and that's to win the ball game. Cudo's to Coach Russell for sticking with what wins ball games. Players making plays!

Congratulations to Gibson Co. :bored: