Miss Basketball Finalists

Ticket

Congrats to all :thumb: But no Caya Williams from Mt. Juliet!!!!!!! I will promise you there is not three players in this state better than her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Williams is good and will get better but there are 2 better all around posts in the midstate, one you'll see in Clarksville. The other is a DII-AA finalist.

I believe Caya confirmed my quote last night at Clarksville!!! She is truely something to watch and still the best player I have seen!!!! :) Hope you had a chance to watch her dominate last night!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that Erica Ousley wasn't a Miss Basketball AA finalist!!! She is one of the reasons why Fairley is very successful. She averaged 26 points a game this season and hit 42 points in the regional championship!!! TSSAA should have come to 4950 Fairley Rd to see her play!!! Next week on our way to Mufreesboro we will stop by the office so they can shake her hand!!! :thumb:

First, I am biased. Second, it is a very rare occasion that these posts are ever unbiased and third I have been following Ms. Butler's career from day one. She was taught that whoever her competition was, that when she stepped on the court, she was the best player period. It has helped her to overcome many disadvantages that she has encountered since the second grade. Other then parochial league and AAU she has never attended special camps other then school camps, she never had special trainers or special coaches. Am I putting down a player that had these advantages, of course not. Could her performance been enhanced if she had attended, I certain it would have. But she and her family decided what were the top priorities in her young life and she has made all of us proud. From Coach Joe, Coach Dale, and Coach Kyle in the second grade to all of the outstanding coaches in Middle School, AAU, and High School. Her mother and sister have always been there to support and encourage Heather. Heather is a hard worker and a joy to coach. She is humble, not proud at all. She was taught from day one, that it really doesn't matter how many points you make or rebounds, or assists, or even steals. What does matter is if your team wins or loses. I think it is safe to say that Heather Butler helps her team mates perform better then if she wasn't on the team and she sets an example to other young girls on how to act on and off the court. I wont debate on the other posts because I think it is a shame to demean any of these ladies. The hours of practice over all these years, the effort on and off the court is remarkable. That fact alone would make just about any player in the state eligible for a Miss Basketball title. But since I am biased, I dont know who your favorite player is or what their stats are because these are the facts, Heather Butler is my favorite child and we all know any player can have an outstanding night just as that same player can have a bad night. Knowing this, Heather Butler can hold her own against anyone, anywhere, any time. I'm sure I have forgotten to mention people but it is not a slight just an oversight. Congratulations to all of the finalists and to the supporting coaches, team mates, officials, parents, and fans. They all are what makes Tennessee basketball what it is. Signed by a proud fan from Gibson County and the state of Tennessee.

Congratulations to all the Miss Basketball finalists. Such a great honor to be

chosen in the elite group of nominees. I had hoped to see all 3 of the Singe A

finalists playing in the state, but that did not materialize. What a great year for

Beth Hawn! Would have liked to see you play one more time in your high school

career. At least I'll be seeing you play in the OVC.

Best wishes to Molly Heady tomorrow. What a wonderful journey. Going to enjoy

your play at TTU. On to the next chapter.

Congratulations to all the Miss Basketball finalists. Such a great honor to be

chosen in the elite group of nominees. I had hoped to see all 3 of the Singe A

finalists playing in the state, but that did not materialize. What a great year for

Beth Hawn! Would have liked to see you play one more time in your high school

career. At least I'll be seeing you play in the OVC.

Best wishes to Molly Heady tomorrow. What a wonderful journey. Going to enjoy

your play at TTU. On to the next chapter.

Good luck Molly....great ball player, fantastic young lady!!

I'm guessing this is an individual award and the other two players are worthy nominees....Heather Butler is a great player and her team has had more success than Chassidy's team has, no debating that...Let's just keep something in mind here....Chassidy Fussell was RECRUITED by and SIGNED with a Big 12 national power...We will be seeing Texas on national TV playing teams such as UCONN, Tennessee, Stanford, Duke, Oklahoma, Baylor and Nebraska (who this year is still unbeaten) and in the NCAA tournament....We will see UTM play some on regional TV maybe but mostly on WLJT-TV Channel 11 public broadcasting (and hopefully a game a year in the NCAA's)......All DI scholarships are special and well deserved but there is a huge difference between what Chassidy has accomplished (big picture) personally (to be recruited by a program such as Texas) and what the other nominees have done.....

I know Chassidy's dad and mom....I went to school with her dad just about our whole time at Union City...I went to school for awhile with her mom before she transferred to OC....They are hard working people that did everything they could for their daughter...They sacrificed and were able to send Chassidy all over the country to play in camps, play AAU ball and have special trainers work with her on her craft...Chassidy did all that and is still a very good student, which in high school is the most important thing.....

I'm sure with her work ethic and the coaching of Coach G at Texas, we will be seeing alot of Chassidy Fussell at the University of Texas the next four years....

Do you really think that UTM is the only college that recruited Butler??... she had many to pick from... she chose UTM... The difference in Fussell and Butler is that Fussell chose a team that is already on the map... and Butler and the new recruits will put UTM on the map... So don't try to build Fussell up by where she is going to college... Fussell is a great player no matter where she goes... and Butler is also a great player... UTM is a good college and will have a phenominal ballteam for the next several seasons....