Rankin must be looking!!!!!!

automatic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe he will not leave just yet. He has a tremendous team returning with at least four D-1 prospects coming back. He is staged to win the school's seventh state championship in row. I cannot imagine him walking away from such a tremendous accomplishment. I admire and respect this man. Great coach, great administrator, and a great mentor to my son as well as many others. The quality of his own son speaks volumes about the man.

However, Georgia high school coaching jobs offer high salaries and no teaching or administration duties. This has proven to be a huge draw for many. But we must remember that a few coaches from TN have floundered in Georgia and returned home after the grass proved to be not quite as green as advertised.

But one has to be realistic as well. Sadly, in today's coaching environment, we all know that when money talks, loyalty walks!

I still believe he will not leave just yet. He has a tremendous team returning with at least four D-1 prospects coming back. He is staged to win the school's seventh state championship in row. I cannot imagine him walking away from such a tremendous accomplishment. I admire and respect this man. Great coach, great administrator, and a great mentor to my son as well as many others. The quality of his own son speaks volumes about the man.

However, Georgia high school coaching jobs offer high salaries and no teaching or administration duties. This has proven to be a huge draw for many. But we must remember that a few coaches from TN have floundered in Georgia and returned home after the grass proved to be not quite as green as advertised.

But one has to be realistic as well. Sadly, in today's coaching environment, we all know that when money talks, loyalty walks!

Plus.....in GA, if you teach at a state school your child can attend a state college for free.

The coaching situation at Dalton is dismal. Take a look at a the two links below.

http://daltondailycitizen.com/sports/x8 ... -the-reins

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010 ... prepsports

Although the job pays $78K per year, I just cannot see Coach Rankin moving his family into such a disaster.

The Dalton school system needs to clean up a booster club real quick!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
He aint a finalist cause I heard he pulled his name out. Didn't think his family wanted to move to another state. He will prolly stay at Alcoa for 2-3 more years and then go to Catholic when Meadows leaves.

That actually makes some sense. The Rankin to anywhere deal goes on every year. He is good at Alcoa for at least another year. Then, there may be some validity to the "Rankin is gone" posts. I would not be surprised if he were to leave after next year but I also wouldn't be surprised if he retires from Alcoa.