Ooltewah vs Tyner

VOID70

Let's review the facts:

Ooltewah WON this game - Tyner did not lose it. Forget "no Tyner coach in the Press Box". Forget Tyner "cramping" or not being in shape, etc. Ooltewah, against great adversity just plain beat the heck out of the much-hyped Ram train. That is why we haven't heard from the Ram Fan - he is embarrassed, humiliated and a frustrated, old, ex-jock. After verbally stomping on the Owls on theis thread for the last two weeks he is just too sick to respond. He is in for a long season. After disrespecting the Owls (QB, O-line, D-Line, Coach, D-backs, reputation) he saw his team get taken to the wood shed - BY THE VERY QB, O-Line, D-Line, Coach, D-backs that he dissed. I have a great idea - why don't you post an apology on line here. I'll help you just a little bit: "Dear Ooltewah Owls, Your team really put it to us this year. Congratulations on a great win. I'm sorry for being such a knucklehead for the last two weeks. You kids played your heart out. You were a better ball team. I was especially impressed how well you came back after being down 18-0 in the first quester. You kids really executed. We did not deserve to win. Good luck for the rest of the year." To the media that also counted out the Owls - please just keep hyping other teams - we have a big job ahead of us. We don't need your hype, but we also don't need to hear lame excuses how this game was lost by Tyner. Ooltewah won - BIG TIME. Period. That is the story.

Congratulations to the Owls. That was a quality win against a quality opponent. You proved youth and lack of experience doesn't necessarily have to dictate how this season goes. This was a good foundation to build on for the rest of the year.

I have nothing but respect for the Rams. You never quit...never gave up. You showed a lot of heart. You'll be fine the rest of the year. I expect to see you in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congratulations to the Owls. That was a quality win against a quality opponent. You proved youth and lack of experience doesn't necessarily have to dictate how this season goes. This was a good foundation to build on for the rest of the year.

I have nothing but respect for the Rams. You never quit...never gave up. You showed a lot of heart. You'll be fine the rest of the year. I expect to see you in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

well said owl77

That was one of the most surreal games that I have ever witnessed in my 27 year involvement in Ooltewah football.

After the 18-0 blitzkrig in the first 5 minutes, I noticed something really big on the Owl sidelines, or in fact, it was what I didn't see. There was no finger pointing, no shouting, no panic, nor anything of the sort. Just a group of coaches and players under control and getting rid of the first game jitters. The players are getting what the coaching staff is saying and are responding to it.

Looking at the stats, two things jump out at me are turnovers (Tyner had 6 to Ooltewah's 1) and time of possession (Tyner had it 30:53 to the Owls' 17:07, and that was about the same in both halves). That tells me that the Rams forced the issue and the Owls made big plays when needed.

Actually the Owls had 10 yards in the second half and more importantly, no turnovers. I was impressed with Goose's decision making and not forcing passes into places that could have been BIG trouble. Would I have liked to seen him throw it away a few times instead of running and getting killed? Sure, but that is something the coaches will work with him on.

There are things that Ooltewah can improve on, but the fighting spirit and composure that I saw on Friday night are some things that I EXPECT to see all season and if that happens, this could be a fun year.

As the saying goes, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." And this dog had a lot of fight last night.

Good luck Tyner, you guys are going to have a very good season.

That was one of the most surreal games that I have ever witnessed in my 27 year involvement in Ooltewah football.

After the 18-0 blitzkrig in the first 5 minutes, I noticed something really big on the Owl sidelines, or in fact, it was what I didn't see. There was no finger pointing, no shouting, no panic, nor anything of the sort. Just a group of coaches and players under control and getting rid of the first game jitters. The players are getting what the coaching staff is saying and are responding to it.

Looking at the stats, two things jump out at me are turnovers (Tyner had 6 to Ooltewah's 1) and time of possession (Tyner had it 30:53 to the Owls' 17:07, and that was about the same in both halves). That tells me that the Rams forced the issue and the Owls made big plays when needed.

Actually the Owls had 10 yards in the second half and more importantly, no turnovers. I was impressed with Goose's decision making and not forcing passes into places that could have been BIG trouble. Would I have liked to seen him throw it away a few times instead of running and getting killed? Sure, but that is something the coaches will work with him on.

There are things that Ooltewah can improve on, but the fighting spirit and composure that I saw on Friday night are some things that I EXPECT to see all season and if that happens, this could be a fun year.

As the saying goes, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." And this dog had a lot of fight last night.

Good luck Tyner, you guys are going to have a very good season.

Class Post!

Let's review the facts:

Ooltewah WON this game - Tyner did not lose it. Forget "no Tyner coach in the Press Box". Forget Tyner "cramping" or not being in shape, etc. Ooltewah, against great adversity just plain beat the heck out of the much-hyped Ram train. That is why we haven't heard from the Ram Fan - he is embarrassed, humiliated and a frustrated, old, ex-jock. After verbally stomping on the Owls on theis thread for the last two weeks he is just too sick to respond. He is in for a long season. After disrespecting the Owls (QB, O-line, D-Line, Coach, D-backs, reputation) he saw his team get taken to the wood shed - BY THE VERY QB, O-Line, D-Line, Coach, D-backs that he dissed. I have a great idea - why don't you post an apology on line here. I'll help you just a little bit: "Dear Ooltewah Owls, Your team really put it to us this year. Congratulations on a great win. I'm sorry for being such a knucklehead for the last two weeks. You kids played your heart out. You were a better ball team. I was especially impressed how well you came back after being down 18-0 in the first quester. You kids really executed. We did not deserve to win. Good luck for the rest of the year." To the media that also counted out the Owls - please just keep hyping other teams - we have a big job ahead of us. We don't need your hype, but we also don't need to hear lame excuses how this game was lost by Tyner. Ooltewah won - BIG TIME. Period. That is the story.

Basically.... :thumb:

Do you think they were fatigued too badly if Oolt had 10-12 yards in the second half?

Yes.........and it was OBVIOUS that half the kids were really cramping and the others were coached to do so,to slow the game down.This game is over,Time to move on to austin-east.Good luck to Tyner and GO OOLTEWAH!!!

Well, well, well, I was giving the ole tyner ram fam time to lick his wounds like an old dog before I unleash the beast! Im still laughing! That game was crazy! I tell you this, there are more than a few of those Owls I would take to battle with me! I knew the QB situation would be fine with Goose! That young man is a fighter! You back him in a corner he wont let you beat on him. He will bust you in the mouth! Known him for a while now and he has been waiting his turn patiently and now that its here he is making the best of it! Way to go young man! Its good to see athletes with his mentality have success! Now to the defensive leader Rudwall, you my friend are an absolute beast! This kid would just as soon take you to the parking lot and wear you out as to look at you! He definitely has the head of an LB! Those guys have to be a little crazy anyway! Wow, this has been a fun week! Lets all come back down to earth now and get ready for A-E! They are a better team than the goats!!!