Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Baylor North is an awfully good football team. I am not quite sure the Pirates are ready for what Baylor North is going to unleash on this young bunch. After all Baylor North did get on here and call us a bunch of dorm dwellers.

The Dorm Dwellers will come out and fight Baylor North on Friday night. This much, I know for sure.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Actually it is hard to get People to play us... I will say what Ive heard bu Coach's. Maybe Zone can say more... we only play 2 single A teams this year.. and we may loose one of those for next year... and its hard to get a 2A or 3 A or 4A to play us.. why would they??? all we can turn is hurt their program. not in a bragging sense but if you were a 4A Team why play a single A team and us beat you.. we played i believed the best team in a upper class in Alabama a few years ago and beat them... I personally think we can hold our own against any school except maybe Alcoa and Maryville. But why should we have too. 240 kid school why should we listen to people talking bad of us because we have mercy ruled probably 90% of all our last 4 or 5 years Team's no matter the classification...I think its really tough on the Coach's to be good all the time.. its like a roller coaster.. to get the boy's ready to play. less opponents on Friday night then the next week play a Boyd Team or Signal or Polk. some people say we don't play much of a schedule, what kind of schedule should we play. shouldn't we play schools with under 300 kids like we do? I have no answer at all. There is no Doubt most years we could compete for the A champions ship as well as the AA. and play with a lot of AAA. but when the day is over its all about History and a lot of work and Pride and what is expected here at South Pittsburg. Its tough when People expect you to win or compete for a state title every year... My hat's off to the Coach's from 6year old and up... they have to start somewhere to be this good year in and out..

Well we can beat alot of good teams from 5 and 6 A however we can't beat the elite ones...Many more programs besides Alcoa and Mville would hand us loses on a consistent yearly basis....Some years yes but most years not so much

Edited by TrainTracks99

With all the hype surrounding the game what’s everyone’s best guess on attendance? This should generate an enormous gate for SP:-) Word is the visitor side holds 1,500 I’m not sure about the home side but I would guess at least 2,000. With total seating being at least 3,500 and an unknown amount of standing room my guess is 4,000. Hopefully SM will bring the 1,500 for our side. I’m sure there will be people from SP there that haven’t been to a game in years, just like we experienced at SQ last year.

Wow it’s only Tuesday and I’m already excited and ready for this one!!!! Heck I haven’t wished time to go by this fast since I was a kid. lol Funny I’m more interested in this one than I am the UT vs UF game on Saturday, so much so that I’ve almost forgotten that one.

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDoggy, it's ol' Howiepirate boys and better yet big brother to PirateTom and PirateMike! I took me a lil' ol' vacation and everthang last week cuz I knew Cascade would be another lil' ol' tuneup game(practice). First of all yes Cascade had a big ol' line and yes SP does make mistakes and yes we played a little sloppy at first but 49 to nothin boys is a major blowout at any level. Polk County is not that good of a team either and not like the media hype says them to be. Me and PirateTom went and seen em' play Bradley Central first game of the season up in Benton and let me remind you SP was 1-1-1 in a scrimmage with BC last month. PC is strong but slow. Not a very well-conditioned team either and as the game progressed the "Boys from Benton" get short-winded, especially when it comes to chasing speed. Let me remind all you "others" that Ol' Vic' has the best rushing offense in 1A,2A,3A, and beyond. Not blowing smoke up ur butts but SP's offense is like an ol' slingshot that'll hit ye from any direction (100 mph's North,South,East,or West). So enough about PC bein' better or whatever! And as for this week against SM: Stop readin all the hype bout SM in them Chattanooga newspapers! My goodness! Chattanooga's just lookin for another savior since Boyd-B fell off the map and history has always shown that no Chattanooga area team has been able to maintain consistancy in football like them "SP CORNBREAD BOYS". "Thar'sa cornmill runnin' in the bloodstream". So "Fire on the mountain, run boy's run." "Mountain Music 56 and "Faded Signal" 0. Brang ye alky seltzer Chattanooga. Hey Geno, "HowiePirate will be in Da House." Have the gurls make me a pot of pinto beans with onion, tomato, and a cast iron skillet of "CORNBREAD". --------------------"HOWIE PIRATE: CLASS OF 85'

TrainTracks says some of these peoples post are laughable....We are not going to beat SM like we did last year...They are much improved...I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to take 40 points to beat them

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDoggie! Ur right bout' tha Forty points boy. But "Charlie Daniels" is in the house. Add 16 to it son. City boys are wimps after uh country boy hits em' a two.