Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Well said, Pujo. :thumb:

We are growing fast, and I expect we will be 3A (maybe 4A) next go 'round. Don't know where they'll put us. Might have to shuffle around district 6 & 7 AA to even them out. Either way, I can't wait to play my troll buddies at the head of the Valley.

I also expect the SP SM game to continue. Can't let a new rivalry like this one die. Iain't seen people this fired up for a game in a long time. :twisted:

Old Pirate says games like this is what everyone would love to have more often. SP has annual games with Jasper that are always a family feud, recent annaual games with Boyd have become great games and are fueled by the dislike of them city folkes. :roflol: But.....this 2nd year game with them SM fellers is another thing. Recon SP is defending ther turf as a small school bully and them SM folkes is jest wanting to invade some of that bully territory and know by whipping the Pirates will give them instant recogntion as new bully. Hopefully the Pirates will make the Eagles wait several years like they did Boyd before surrendering a piece of that. :thumb:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Well that music is for the players on the field not for the rest of us. But thats true you cant understand most of it. If it was up to me we would play some good ol country but it not and Im sure that old 70's music wouldnt do anything for them 17 and 18 year olds.

That's funny...Man surely u have been to NFL and College games the past ten years....Hip/Hip and punk rock is what majority or teams listen to to get hyped...Another one bites the dust and we will rock u faded in the 90's....Kids don't relate to music that was put out 20 years before they were born

Someone said earlier that both teams are going to have to play four quarters of football for the first time this season. SP has had a lot of trouble with cramps so I'm worried that they might not be able to play four quarers, but, then, SM might have the same problem. I know SP has been working on a few trick plays and I'm assuming SM has, too. SP is at home which gives them a one-TD edge, but overconfidence will probably take that edge away. SM's quarterback is better, but SP's is growing better every week. SM has the better passing game, but SP has the better running game. SP has a better kicker and a better kick return game. Coaching goes to SP. Not that SM coaching is bad, but SP's has been in this situation way more than SM. SP came out sour against Cascade and hopefully learned a valuable lesson which can be applied to this week's game. All in all I give it to SP.

:roflol: Old Pirate says you have to be a skillet head. SP kicker is new and best of OP's recollection has never kicked a field goal.Don't rightly know but OP would bet them city fellers has got a better kicker.

OP is wondering when you saw SM play

WELL MOST FROM HERE TAKE IT TO FAR. NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING CONFIDENCE LIKE I SAID BUT IF WE WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT IN A GAME LET'S DO IT AGAINST A TEAM LIKE SM OR CENTRAL OR POLK AND NOT AGAINST A TEAM UP THE VALLEY THAT COULDN'T DEFEND THEMSELVE'S. JUST REMEMBER TALK IS TALK IF YOU CAN'T BACK IT UP AND WE REALLY HAVEN'T PROVED NOTHING YET BC WE HAVEN'T REALLY HAD A MIRROR TEAM LIKE WE'RE FIXXING TO PLAY SO ALL I SAY IS FOR ALL DON'T GET OVERCONFIDENT AS THE WEEK GOES BY.

Well said TrainTracks agrees 110%....We have proved we are superior to very overmatched teams so far that just are not very good....I hope we win but we have our hands full to say the least...

See it's people like you that get threads locked. You've been on coacht what about a year now? Well I've been on here for seven years and I'm not trying to tell anybody how to post but use some sense is all I'm saying.

Well see I have been on here for bout 6 years myself(I changed my name) and have never got a board shut down and I havent said anything wrong on this board. If you are scared and want to be nice thats your opinion not mine. Worry bout yourself is all im saying :thumb: . Pirates play hard and you will win. Go Pirates

:roflol: Old Pirate says you have to be a skillet head. SP kicker is new and best of OP's recollection has never kicked a field goal.Don't rightly know but OP would bet them city fellers has got a better kicker.

OP is wondering when you saw SM play

Yea, we got us a kicker, but hope we aren't seeing your punt return team much. :roflol:

You can call us city fellers, if you want, but lots of us are good ole mountain folk. ;)

Well see I have been on here for bout 6 years myself(I changed my name) and have never got a board shut down and I havent said anything wrong on this board. If you are scared and want to be nice thats your opinion not mine. Worry bout yourself is all im saying :thumb: . Pirates play hard and you will win. Go Pirates

HEY MAN RANT ALL YOU WANT.. WE'RE ON THE SAME SIDE DON'T FORGET THAT!!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SCARED JUST A GOOD SPORTSMAN!!!

Well, I have been reading everyday almost to stay caught on all the "talk". Here is my opinion on this game. First of all, SP needs to stay disciplined and stay at home on defense. We play an aggressive style on defense but, that type of defense may not be the right one to use against an offense like Signal's at least sometimes. There should aggressive defenses called during the game just not every play. Sometimes read and react will do just fine especially when the other team is expecting blitzes every down. I think very highly Coach Wilson and I guarrantee you he will have the defense ready. Offensively, SP will do a lot of what they have been doing in my opinion but, I would mix in some under center and full house back field and run right at them SP has the guys to pull that style of play off too. Hopefully, SP gets the win. Just remember it only takes one point because I really don't see a blowout for either team.

Well, I have been reading everyday almost to stay caught on all the "talk". Here is my opinion on this game. First of all, SP needs to stay disciplined and stay at home on defense. We play an aggressive style on defense but, that type of defense may not be the right one to use against an offense like Signal's at least sometimes. There should aggressive defenses called during the game just not every play. Sometimes read and react will do just fine especially when the other team is expecting blitzes every down. I think very highly Coach Wilson and I guarrantee you he will have the defense ready. Offensively, SP will do a lot of what they have been doing in my opinion but, I would mix in some under center and full house back field and run right at them SP has the guys to pull that style of play off too. Hopefully, SP gets the win. Just remember it only takes one point because I really don't see a blowout for either team.

YEAH WE BETTER NOT GET TO ANXIOUS LOOKING FOR THAT BIG HIT OR THEY WILL END UP WITH A BIG PLAY BUT I CAN SAY VICE VERSA ALSO IF THEY TRY THAT ON US! XTRA POINT'S SCARE ME!!! I DO BELIVE WE ARE GOING TO SEE ONE MORE SHOOTOUT AS WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE BUT AGAIN IT MAY BE A DEFENSIVE STRUGGLE,WHO KNOW'S!! THIS GAME WILL SHOW EACH TEAM HOW MUCH MORE WORK THE OTHER TEAM TEAM NEED'S TO DO IN PRACTICE AND ONLY MAKE EACH OTHER BETTER FOR THE PLAYOFF'S!!! SEE YOU THERE!!! HOW'S BEAVER STADIUM? HAVEN'T SEEN IT IN A WHILE!!!!

does anybody know if its true that signal mtn fans cant buy tickets at the gate because i dont have the time to drop by the school and pick one up

]Tickets will be available at the gate for anyone....SP sent 500 tickets to SM for those that don't want to wait in line ..Of course at some point they may have to stop letting people in just because of physics...no two objects can occupy the same place...maybe we can stack some?[/size][/size]