Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Any one that thinks the money and power behind Kingsport & DB is going to allow 2 highschools in the City of Kingsport is way off base.They are taking the path of Science Hill ( getting BIGGER not smaller) North & South may be satalites in some way to meet TSSAA rules but there will only be one DB. Look at what they are doing at DB look at the land around the school they have taken. They may leave part of Sullivan West and Bloomingdale alone for a little longer but if you Colonial Heights people don't want to wear DB colors you better be looking in the Boone area as that will be about the last big county program around here.I don't mean this in a good or bad way but I know why the city is putting sewer down the county side of Bloomingdale. Congrats to both teams last night seems to have been a great game. I heard #1 did not play for the Rebs that's a shame. None of us county people may like it but it is coming. I'm glad I'm done in 2 years, I hope we can hold on at least that long.

GO RAIDERS

I agree with you,they can not let DB be the same size as the others it may hurt their winning record. Forget what would be good for the taxpayers. They will annex their way into prosperity. Spend, Spend.. DB needs a indoor football stadium, because Morristown has turf, and Science Hill has a better stadium. One consulation though when Carter gets Science Hill up to speed, DB will need to many more players because the dominance of this conference will be over

Not starting anything but I think you can grab and hold the opponent as long as the ref doesn't call it.They teach using your hands inside to control the opponent but getting a hand full of jersey and { well holding} is a hold.The best I've ever seen was the boys at Sevier county.They get away with it 80% or more.

That is the rule and as long as you have a hand full of jersey or pads in the zone, it's legal just as long as you are center in front of your man. I really don't think that's to hard to understand or call. Make it how ever you wish, it's the rule and it need's to be called by the refs that way. I really don't want to see a bunch of sissys pushing each other. That's the power and the strength of the line, the explosion and drive.

That is the rule and as long as you have a hand full of jersey or pads in the zone, it's legal just as long as you are center in front of your man. I really don't think that's to hard to understand or call. Make it how ever you wish, it's the rule and it need's to be called by the refs that way. I really don't want to see a bunch of sissys pushing each other. That's the power and the strength of the line, the explosion and drive.

I guess I just interpret the rules as the local refs do.I think the defense has a little more lead way then the offense when it comes to using your hands.

I guess I just interpret the rules as the local refs do.I think the defense has a little more lead way then the offense when it comes to using your hands.

Pretty much the same, illegal use of the hands or arms to ward off a block or cover a reciever. Thats our problem this year as a whole not just local refs, they call what ever they want(last night were not local, I think they come from Clinton, TN). They have rules to abide by just as these kids do and they should be held accountable by the TSSAA. They can't catch everything but, nobody should be allowed to keep on and on.

Batman so, do you think that DB O-line constantly holds or it's just a couple as a few others are saying?

Here are the facts and if you don't believe it your an idiot. South prepared well for DB. For the first time in 18 yrs. they came in with confidence and not scared. They had a good game plan and executed well. Now, the truth about DB. DB came out flat, probably did'nt have a good week of practise and underestimated South. Poor execution in the passing game early with over throws and dropped passes. The line struggled and did'nt play very well. All this crap really pisses me off because it gives me bad visions of things to happen later on. Been here too many times before. We've got to get an attitude and play like the #3 team in the state instead of the #23 team in the state. As far as the refs. Unless you are from DB you don't truly understand how bad the refs. are against us everywhere we go. Everybody likes to root for the underdog from time to time, but this is what we get from the zebras every week because we have won the most games in Tennessee history. I have seen it all year. Likewise i've seen calls against other schools that were bad but not even close as many that we get. I mean, did anybody notice how delibberate the signal was on the holding calls? I bet he has to go for an MRI on monday because he pulled so hard on his wrist he might have broken it.Sorry refs. Now, the story of the hits by Sensabaugh. Those were by far the two hardest hits i have ever witnessed in a football game. I just can't believe the South boy did'nt get hurt very bad. And, Kenny Hawkins got it wrong, the hit of the night was the first hit. Imagine a deer on the traintracks and BANG. Wow!!!!!!!!!! If someone got that on film, please put it on here. Anyway, a win is a win but it sure was ugly. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight there is a conspiracy among TN high school officials to make bad calls against DB "everywhere they go" or maybe it is not a conspiracy but because of DB's past success the officials are jealous and subconsciously make bad calls against DB. The refs also grab their arms harder when they make a call against DB then the other schools. Oh, and if I don't believe these "facts" I am an idiot. This is a classic post on so many levels. I will be laughing about this for a while.

So let me get this straight there is a conspiracy among TN high school officials to make bad calls against DB "everywhere they go" or maybe it is not a conspiracy but because of DB's past success the officials are jealous and subconsciously make bad calls against DB. The refs also grab their arms harder when they make a call against DB then the other schools. Oh, and if I don't believe these "facts" I am an idiot. This is a classic post on so many levels. I will be laughing about this for a while.

This may be true for the other teams as well. As for me I'm speaking on our game experiences this year to date. The basics of officiating has been horrible. We beat Clinton by a large margin but it did not take away how bad the refs were. I think the TSSAA need to frequently view game tapes and the refs need to be punished accordigly. Look, we have a great increase of fan aggression ect. This is uncalled for but why do you think this is happening? They need to get to the root of the problem (refs)and fix it. These are high school kids and I don't know if the refs play favorites or if they just need more training but it's horrible and it needs to be fixed.

Pretty much the same, illegal use of the hands or arms to ward off a block or cover a reciever. Thats our problem this year as a whole not just local refs, they call what ever they want(last night were not local, I think they come from Clinton, TN). They have rules to abide by just as these kids do and they should be held accountable by the TSSAA. They can't catch everything but, nobody should be allowed to keep on and on.

Batman so, do you think that DB O-line constantly holds or it's just a couple as a few others are saying?

I don't think any of our lineman have had the perfect game and probably have all had a holding call or two.If you don't make a mistake or two in the game of football,then your probably not on the field.If you seen the long touchdown pass,you know a block in the back could have been called on another wide receiver.Mistakes are made all over the field,and that's why I don't like to call out names in that way.I do give props to players when I see great things.We need a lot of work in areas all over the place.It was a mistake for the guys on the radio to call out numbers and names of guys holding.You can pick a dozen things on any play that is not done right,or we would score on every play.I was talking the other day about a play against SH last year that could have made my son the scapegoat of the game when he spun inside and had containment on the outside.He was lucky to dive and get a sack.Nobody will blame players that make the plays but when they screw up,it seems all are there to throw a rock or two.It sucks as a parent and I couldn't imagine being the QB's dad.I would never be on coacht for sure.

B)

I don't think any of our lineman have had the perfect game and probably have all had a holding call or two.If you don't make a mistake or two in the game of football,then your probably not on the field.If you seen the long touchdown pass,you know a block in the back could have been called on another wide receiver.Mistakes are made all over the field,and that's why I don't like to call out names in that way.I do give props to players when I see great things.We need a lot of work in areas all over the place.It was a mistake for the guys on the radio to call out numbers and names of guys holding.You can pick a dozen things on any play that is not done right,or we would score on every play.I was talking the other day about a play against SH last year that could have made my son the scapegoat of the game when he spun inside and had containment on the outside.He was lucky to dive and get a sack.Nobody will blame players that make the plays but when they screw up,it seems all are there to throw a rock or two.It sucks as a parent and I couldn't imagine being the QB's dad.I would never be on coacht for sure.

Thats a fair assesment. I did not hear the radio. I think this game was excessive in the holding call department. After the first couple I started to watch and their was some bad calls along side a bogus personal foul on Watson. Mistakes will be made all over the field but they need no help. I dont know if some others know that their are such things as knock downs and pancakes in football. You drive your opponent and if they loose their feet then, you done your job :thumb: . When in Doubt charge B) Good moto.

Like i said, youj would'nt understand because you have not witnessed it for the last 14 years. And, i've seen the overall quality of the refs. go down for a long time in this area. When you get in the playoffs, that's where you see quality refs, because they are not biassed, they come from another district. The refs. in this area hate DB. That's a fact, you don't relize because you've never been on top where everybody wants you to lose. Refs in this area are B.A.D.!!!! Period. They are idiots. As far as a classic post, yeah this is the truth and you ARE an IDIOT. Come back when you've grown up and understand a few more life lessons, Idiot. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!! :shock: