Central at South Pitt

PittsburgLegend

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the score?

SP - 24 Central - 0 Half time First five plays for Central resulted in minimal yards gained, one fumble and two interceptions. Central Intercepted SP and immediately threw their 2nd pic. :thumb: to #47 for SP; great defensive tackle for loss and no showboat attitude. Simply helped the Central player up and trotted on back to the defensive huddle. Old Al admires that type play. Millard looked good again the first half. Good pass moving to his left on long third down play. Shoulders squared up nice, ball back, completion for first down. Later a long TD, thing of beauty. Good timing between him and receiver. Receiver wasn't open when pass was launched, was when ball got there. Pretty. Left at halftime. Central wasn't as big as I thought. Crowd was sparse for Central, barely less so for SP, at least in the stands. Excitment level for this game was so low you could cut the yawn factor with a knife. SP defense looked ready for Central running game. Gang tackling all over the field. Left at half time.

Pirates win 40 to 14 but what happened on the field late in the game will be talked about for awhile. I'm not at the game but being told a bench clearing brawl erupted which has resulted in a least 5 Pirate starters and 3 central starters being ejected.....hopefully someone at the game can shed light on this serious situation...

Edited by piratetom

Pirates win 40 to 14 but what happened on the field late in the game will be talked about for awhile. I'm not at the game but being told a bench clearing brawl erupted which has resulted in a least 5 Pirate starters and 3 central starters being ejected.....hopefully someone at the game can shed light on this serious situation...

If that's true, they will not be able to play next Friday. I hope they didn't fall for the oldest chump trick in the book.

Edited by rlh

Here is exactly what happened....#15 for Central was running his mouth the whole night and the play before on the 2 point conversion he trash talked our number 2 all the way to our sidelines...15 should have been thrown out for Central right there...The refs didn't and then on the kickoff mayhem happened!! Centrals players tried to cheapshot Big Cody for us two of their players were kicking one of our sophomore kickoff guys I think...you have the whole central and SP benches clear..SP coaches and the SP mamas got in there and broke the mess up...Needless to say they did not shake hands at the end...Central was very classless and I bet they won't play again because of this nonsense...It all started because someone got their feelings hurt because Central was getting shut down...Central had 4 players thrown out I think and SP had 5 starters thrown out..Next week we play Whitwell at least so it wont bother us...Maybe that is the fire that needed lit under this team to pump them up...Something needed to get them going...

Here is exactly what happened....#15 for Central was running his mouth the whole night and the play before on the 2 point conversion he trash talked our number 2 all the way to our sidelines...15 should have been thrown out for Central right there...The refs didn't and then on the kickoff mayhem happened!! Centrals players tried to cheapshot Big Cody for us two of their players were kicking one of our sophomore kickoff guys I think...you have the whole central and SP benches clear..SP coaches and the SP mamas got in there and broke the mess up...Needless to say they did not shake hands at the end...Central was very classless and I bet they won't play again because of this nonsense...It all started because someone got their feelings hurt because Central was getting shut down...Central had 4 players thrown out I think and SP had 5 starters thrown out..Next week we play Whitwell at least so it wont bother us...Maybe that is the fire that needed lit under this team to pump them up...Something needed to get them going...

I knew it wouldn't be SP's fault.

Now as for the game, SP was very sloppy first half...Line sure did not block anybody at all...Raquis you have got to hold on to the rock man..Come on now you are a senior step it up like I know you can..You got it be confident...WR's played pretty good..coaching was a little conserved during the first half with offense...but other than that..can not complain about any Wins you get..I just hate that all the mess in the fourth quarter happened because it should have been avoided!!Anyways..guess its done..and like I stated earlier..Refs should have nipped it in the bud a couple plays before..High emotions got the best of young passionate athletes tonight..control it boys..Sports don't build character, they reveal it!

I knew it wouldn't be SP's fault.

Were you at the game or heard an assitant talking about it at the end like I did? I doubt it..PT wasn't there..I briefly described what happened...it all should have been avoided though..an yes...SP didn't start the crap just stating what happened bro..what I saw..I am sure..you will here similar from a load of other pirate fans later

Edited by powerp

WoW...someone lOsT cOnTrOL.. refs never should have let it get that far

Old Pirate says them youngons from Taft always acted better than them youngons from Central. OP says them players need a size 16 boot put where it don't shine. Hopefully the players for SP will git enough running in to git themselves into shape. Cause everybody knows the whole team ain't in shape from all the cramping anyhow. Jest don't even care to talk about a pittiful thing like what happened tonite. OP is out of here..........................................

Old Pirate says them youngons from Taft always acted better than them youngons from Central. OP says them players need a size 16 boot put where it don't shine. Hopefully the players for SP will git enough running in to git themselves into shape. Cause everybody knows the whole team ain't in shape from all the cramping anyhow. Jest don't even care to talk about a pittiful thing like what happened tonite. OP is out of here..........................................

Powerp is too..agree 100% with ya Old Pirate...about had to break up a fight on the way to the car..way out of hand...they won't play again..which is kind of sad...anyways...Get ready for Whitwell...with a few linemen and couple skill players out guess we wont score as much as we were going to...Don't know if our QB got kicked out or not...hard to tell with huge linemen going at it..good things are jr. high has been so good..they will have to play next week against vegas...Wonder who is going to run QB...Demetric or a twin?? Interesting week ahead..

Edited by powerp

Are you serious, only 1 game for bench clearing brawl. Why can't it be atleast 2 games? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: