Alcoa @ Stone Memorial

F5seekshelter

I'd apologize, but I don't think there's any excuse for people who can't get out of high school.

"You can't fix stupid."

No need for you to apologize, as you certainly can't be responsible for every other fan of your team. I guess those two experiences caused me to have certain preconceptions about the attitudes of some--not all-Alcoa fans when I started visiting this site. I'll continue to work on trying to rid myself of those preconceptions.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.

I would rather have another off week because....

The game time has been moved up an hour.

Because of game time I will have to really hustle to get to the game in time to take care of school business.

That will include heading west on I40 (from Pellissippi) during rush hour to get to said game.

I will not have time to eat. (this is the big one)

But I will do what I have to do to handle all my business, like I always do.

Cat, I did not have to explain this to you but I did to show that I am not a complete jerk. But, I knew you had other motives when you were trying to "throw a lure" at me a few weeks ago. You have a history with the fans of Blount Co., Why, I dont know. But we do have a name for people like you.

It is called "Hitch"

Y'all be cool. smiley-sunglasses.gif

Fair enough, but your wrong, dead wrong about having a problem with Blount County Teams, I've done my fair share of defending Maryville and Alcoa. Even when Alcoa was putting up big points on my boys team, I was the only poster to state that Alcoa was not running up the score, they were just that more talented, and we couldn't even stop their second or third team. Now, I do have a problem with ADULT posters who because of the success of the high school team they support,that think they can insult other teams and the kids who play for them. And you know, you pick on Bounder alot, some of it is deserved, but, you just put yourself on the same level with some of your posts. You can't justify your own idiotic posts, because of another idiotic poster on Coacht. That's not a valid excuse.

Edited by catback

Fair enough, but your wrong, dead wrong about having a problem with Blount County Teams, I've done my fair share of defending Maryville and Alcoa. Even when Alcoa was putting up big points on my boys team, I was the only poster to state that Alcoa was not running up the score, they were just that more talented, and we couldn't even stop their second or third team. Now, I do have a problem with ADULT posters who because of the success of the high school team they support,that think they can insult other teams and the kids who play for them. And you know, you pick on Bounder alot, some of it is deserved, but, you just put yourself on the same level with some of your posts. You can't justify your own idiotic posts, because of another idiotic poster on Coacht. That's not a valid excuse.

You are right...what was I thinking....

Here's a group hug for all of those that I have offended this week...

I will give myself a one week ban from CoachT :rolleyes: , but here's a piece of advice for ya, Cat.

Just don't even click on the link for the CAK-Alcoa game after next week.

You will feel much better for it.

ME after CAK-ETown game next week -> flame.gif

Now, I do have a problem with ADULT posters who because of the success of the high school team they support,that think they can insult other teams and the kids who play for them. And you know, you pick on Bounder alot, some of it is deserved, but, you just put yourself on the same level with some of your posts. You can't justify your own idiotic posts, because of another idiotic poster on Coacht. That's not a valid excuse.

You might not realize this, catback, but these Alcoa guys are mind-readers. They can see through the facade and see your deep-seated hatred of Blount County teams, just like they did mine. ;) Seriously, though, nice post. I hope the Alcoa guys don't hound and deride you like they did me after I made a similar point a few days ago.

I have my own share of problems and am far from perfect. Carrying my emotions on my shoulder is not one of them. You are correct that I am the new guy on the block here. Perhaps that gives me a more objective perspective on things. What you call good-natured banter, I see as mostly a one-sided/one-way street. You seem to think you're just doing some good-natured "poking" but the first time anybody makes any kind of legitimate point about Alcoa, or points out that you seem to take every opportunity to denigrate other teams, well it's THAT person who has the problem. That's not "banter." it's a sign that your skin is the one that's exceptionally thin.

I have no desire to break bread with the likes of you. I have seen nothing from you that causes me to believe I should subject myself to being "interviewed" by you to judge whether I'm "worthy" of further torment. You are full of platitudes like "let's get something straight here..." and telling me to "look in the mirror" and "grow up" and likening me to a teenage girl. All I have done is pointed out when I believed you were taking potshots at other teams. Surely you realize you were doing that, but instead of simply acknowledging that, and possibly saying anything the least bit conciliatory, you continue to pile on the negativity. You and your compadres start referring to me as "ol' Tony" or "lil' Tony" and continue to attribute to me a "hatred" of Alcoa when I bear no ill will toward the Alcoa football program. What I do dislike is arrogant, self-righteous, smug, condescending people who attach themselves to something--like a successful football team--and then look down on, and talk down to, anybody who dares to question them or disagree with them, however respectfully it might be done. That's not a sign of a nice person.

And I see FootballDad, GVK and Jrsdad trying to strike a friendly, playful but still respectful tone with you in their posts, only to be bashed over the head every time you get the chance. You're a bit on the prickly side. If you think what you do is really just good-natured "poking" or "banter," you should ask them sometime whether they would like to see you not act so smug and condescending. You might be surprised at the answer you would get. Man to man (or teenage girl to man, if you'd rather couch it that way--see, I do have a sense of humor), I encourage you to ask them that question sometime. Your supposed "friendship" with them might actually be stronger as a result of having that dialogue with them.

As for me, why would anybody that you've given such a "welcome" to this site want to have lunch with you? If you would perhaps utter a respectful or conciliatory word, perhaps I would invite you to lunch. Based upon what I've seen of your personality as reflected by your posts on here, I have no desire to become part of your little group. You and your amen corner can sit around and polish your numerous trophies without me. Instead of coming to lunch with you now, I think what I'll do is continue to just watch on here and see if you can manage to show a modicum of respect to FBDad, GVK and JRsdad and others. If I judge you worthy, I'll invite you to lunch and pick up the tab as well, and you can even choose the restaurant!

Well I tried. You are one special piece of work. Must be one of those rich, self centered lawyer types with a inflated sense of self-worth. We have no further business nor need to communicate from this point forward.

Well I tried. You are one special piece of work. Must be one of those rich, self centered lawyer types with a inflated sense of self-worth. We have no further business nor need to communicate from this point forward.

You didn't try very hard. And if you think you're a good judge of character, you need to think again, because you're WAY off base in your assessment of me. :)

You are right...what was I thinking....

Here's a group hug for all of those that I have offended this week...

I will give myself a one week ban from CoachT :rolleyes: , but here's a piece of advice for ya, Cat.

Just don't even click on the link for the CAK-Alcoa game after next week.

You will feel much better for it.

ME after CAK-ETown game next week -> flame.gif

I'll make a deal with you, I'll stay off the CAK-Alcoa thread if you'll agree to go a week without making some kind of derogatory post about another schools football program! Y'all be Cool!!! :roflol: