Chuckey Doak vs Elizabethton

CycloneCyclone

Not knocking Unaka as a team it's more of a knock on CD. Unaka is 1A and CD is 3A. CD was talking about how good they were and how bad our conference was, I used Unaka as an example of how they play lower Division teams and we played higher division. Which on paper and in most cases the higher division teams would beat the lower division teams.

And I would pull for Unaka in a haeartbeat bc I like seeing NET do good.

Just for the record, according to TSSAA; CDHS is 3A and Unaka is 2A.

I think it's Back in Black. But yeah, the woods, a black tunnel, smoke and the whole nine yards.

Actually, it is "Back in Black" by ACDC...you know the CDHS mascot is the Black Knight. That tradition was started 30 years ago. As for the woods, I guess you could call the line of trees at one end of the football field woods, but that's where the field has always been located. Our football facilities in Greene County don't compare with GHS or Elizabethton or many other high schools around East Tennessee. We don't have Jason Witten or Scott Niswonger giving money to enhance our facilities. I mean, it is what it is! And who doesn't like a fog/smoke machine? Hello, it's high school football! Have fun while you can!

Are the Black Knights outmatched against the Cyclones? Probably so, but if you only went by that why would anyone ever suit up and play the game?

Actually, it is "Back in Black" by ACDC...you know the CDHS mascot is the Black Knight. That tradition was started 30 years ago. As for the woods, I guess you could call the line of trees at one end of the football field woods, but that's where the field has always been located. Our football facilities in Greene County don't compare with GHS or Elizabethton or many other high schools around East Tennessee. We don't have Jason Witten or Scott Niswonger giving money to enhance our facilities. I mean, it is what it is! And who doesn't like a fog/smoke machine? Hello, it's high school football! Have fun while you can!

Are the Black Knights outmatched against the Cyclones? Probably so, but if you only went by that why would anyone ever suit up and play the game?

Actually Scott Niswonger donates to all Greeneville/Greene County Schools! And yes a lot of other NET Schools as well!

Actually Scott Niswonger donates to all Greeneville/Greene County Schools! And yes a lot of other NET Schools as well!

Yes, I'm aware of that fact and it is very much appreciated. I believe we can thank Mr. Niswonger for many donations, some of which were for the county high school band programs that previously didn't exist.

I'm curious then; how is GHS football stadium funded? Does GHS receive more donations than the other schools or is just taxpayer funded? It's obvious how much nicer their stadium is than any county schools stadium. It gets old hearing criticism of the CDHS facilities. We play with the hand we are dealt...that's my point.

Yes, I'm aware of that fact and it is very much appreciated. I believe we can thank Mr. Niswonger for many donations, some of which were for the county high school band programs that previously didn't exist.

I'm curious then; how is GHS football stadium funded? Does GHS receive more donations than the other schools or is just taxpayer funded? It's obvious how much nicer their stadium is than any county schools stadium. It gets old hearing criticism of the CDHS facilities. We play with the hand we are dealt...that's my point.

The biggest is from the donations! I mean Niswonger helped im sure but Alumni and all of Greeneville had a hand in it. The field was phase one. We still have phase 2,3,and 4 down the road :thumb:

Just for the record, according to TSSAA; CDHS is 3A and Unaka is 2A.

And Unaka has a whoLe different team than they did when they played CD,Several good atheletes came out well into the season. As far as this game goes,Etown wins BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Edited by pujo

And Unaka has a whoLe different team than they did when they played CD,Several good atheletes came out well into the season. As far as this game goes,Etown wins BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I have no idea what players were on the field when Unaka played CDHS...that's not what I was referring to. A previous post had stated that Unaka was 1A and CDHS was 3A. I looked on TSSAA and found out that Unaka is listed as 2A. That's my point.

The biggest is from the donations! I mean Niswonger helped im sure but Alumni and all of Greeneville had a hand in it. The field was phase one. We still have phase 2,3,and 4 down the road :thumb:

Does anyone know what phase 2,3,and 4 are going to consist of? A retractable dome would be pretty sweet lol. :roflol:

Shoot, I'd be glad for a heated bathroom with toilets that don't leak and doors that close...Ok I'm a girl and have my priorities. But a dome is cool too!

Thats prob in there with phase 4 lol. I think the stadium looks amazing already I cant wait to see it after 3 more phases.