Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

have u ever seen a game in Texas? Heck no! 18000 people show up go watch some games.

WOW.... U SPEAK OF SOMETHIN U OBVIOUSLY DUNNO ABOUT.. YES THEY DO HAVE TURNOUTS OF THOSE NUMBERS.. BUT LOOK AT SOUTH LAKE CARROL IN TEXAS.. THEY HAVE LIKE 2500 STUDENTS.. DRESS LIKE 100 KIDS ON VARSITY.. THATS NOT INCLUDING THE FRESHMEN AND JV SQUADS... POLK HAS LIKE 550 STUDENTS AND DRES LIKE 75.. WITH THAT BEIN SAID THE BRADLEY AND SP GAMES DREW CROWDS OF LIKE 5 AND 6K PLUS.. AND OTHER GAMES CONSISTENTLY DRAW 3K.... THOSE ARE PRETTY AMAZING NUMBERS CONSIDERING THE DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF STUDENTS PER SCHOOL... DO THE MATH... IM SAYIN THE ATMOSPHERE AND TURNOUT FOR SUCH A SMALL COMMUNITY AND CONSIDERING THE SIZE OF THE SCHOOL...WE DRAW BIGGER CROWDS THAN MOST 6A SCHOOLS IN TN... IM JUS SAYIN

I SAID WE HAD A GREAT D .. WE TOO ARE SUBJECT TO THE PASS.. WE ARE SHORT ON ATHELETES SO WE MAKE UP FOR IT BY KEEPIN THINGS IN FRONT OF US AND SOUND TACKLING.. ALONG WITH CLOCK MANAGEMENT AND RUNNIN THE FOOTBALL.. AND POLK DOESN PLAY TO HURT .. THATS OUR PHYSICAL STYLE OF PLAY.. WE TRY TO TAKE WIND OUT OF UR SAILS AND SLOW U DOWN A FEW NOTCHES.. ALL OF OUR COMMON OPPONENTS CAN TELL U THAT.. NO DOUBT CAK HAS ALOT OF ATHELETES.. AND IF THEY COULD SURE UP THAT D AND PUT AS MUCH TIME INTO IT AS THAY DO THAT OFFENSE.. THEY COULD POSSIBLY HAVE A FEW GOLD BALLS.. OR ADD A RUNNIN DIMENSION TO CONTROL SOME CLOCK.. THEY HAVE ALL THE TOOLS AND COULD BE DANGEROUS TO ALCOA........ YES I WATCHED ALCOA PLAY AT MCCALLIE A FEW YRS BACK WHEN THEY HAD THAT LYNDSEY KID WHEN THEY PLAYED MCMINN CENTRAL... JUS SAYIN..

that's because he was. i am best friends with someone who spoke to him after the game, and i was told that they said that Polk's game plan was to hit our qb and wr as hard as possible to try and hurt em. sorry about the announcers, im sure they were just trying to be funny. if you woulda won, im sure you wouldnt be whining about the bad jokes of our radio announcers.

If I were you I would find myself a new best friend because the one you have now is a LIAR. #12 (my son) did nothing but play agressive football! In fact he and Quinn are friends having played baseball togather a few years ago. #12 has not ever played to hurt anyone but that is a risk you take when you put pads on (which apparently you would understand). :angry:

If I were you I would find myself a new best friend because the one you have now is a LIAR. #12 (my son) did nothing but play agressive football! In fact he and Quinn are friends having played baseball togather a few years ago. #12 has not ever played to hurt anyone but that is a risk you take when you put pads on (which apparently you would understand). :angry:

About the joke from the announcer about the shank on the field.It was actually 12 metal bar that comes from a knee brace. The brace was completely shattered after our offensive lineman took a direct helmet blow to the knee after the play was over. Good thing knee braces work, and another thing, he wasnt holding...

About the joke from the announcer about the shank on the field.It was actually 12 metal bar that comes from a knee brace. The brace was completely shattered after our offensive lineman took a direct helmet blow to the knee after the play was over. Good thing knee braces work, and another thing, he wasnt holding...

it wasnt shattered when it was thrown to the polk bench... but somethimes to gotta do somethin to stop a guy from holding u.. as long a u grab the numbers and stay close no it wont be seen.. coaches teach u that.. but when its at the nap of the shoulder pads and ur arm or when the tackle is hookin u it should be called.. as even a few neutral fans who came to the game witnessed...but we always see wat should be called on the opposite team and not ours so yes it could be happenin both ways... that last hold on the td that 22 ty lee ran in really hurt us and we ended up turnin the ball over on downs.. if we hadn have held on that play we would prob be talkin about a polk win today.. but hats off cak .. go get alcoa.. i would love to drop a easier team nex yr and pick u up so u colud come play a game at larry davis football complex..

If you've ever watched Alcoa play in the past 5 years (Which from comments earlier in this thread I can tell nobody has) you know you can pass on Alcoas secondary all day long. Ive preached it in the stands since Lanxter and Sommers were our DBs. That was the last time a team couldnt pass on us.

Give me a break!.........Maryville and CAK may be the best pass oriented teams in TN this season. Yes, both had success, BUT, not enough success to win the game. Maryville's wins in the last 5 years where balanced teams that controlled the LOS and RAN on Alcoa. example: 2007 (41-14) Alcoa's secondary may be the weakest part of the team, but plenty good enough to win gold six years straight and beat Maryville two years straight. :thumb:

You are one negative person toward Alcoa's program and School. If you are an Alcoa fan...........act like it! :angry:

Give me a break!.........Maryville and CAK may be the best pass oriented teams in TN this season. Yes, both had success, BUT, not enough success to win the game. Maryville's wins in the last 5 years where balanced teams that controlled the LOS and RAN on Alcoa. example: 2007 (41-14) Alcoa's secondary may be the weakest part of the team, but plenty good enough to win gold six years straight and beat Maryville two years straight. :thumb:

You are one negative person toward Alcoa's program and School. If you are an Alcoa fan...........act like it! :angry:

BANG #2!!! :thumb:

someone else posted using my username. i apologize if they said anything to offend anyone. Polk was a real good team. The 3 picks killed us, but it looked like only one was Epperly's fault. One got taken away from a cak reciever (great play by the Polk kid) and the other one on the goal line was honestly lucky. Polk defender was chasing Epperly in case he scrambled, Epperly never saw him, ball hit the Polk defender in the chest. In any case i thought the "unsportsman-like" behavior from both sides is just apart of the world we live in. People are jerks sometimes. deal with it. Seems to me like a 40+ year old coach should have more common sense than to cheer when a 15 year old kid is on the ground in pain and his parents and friends are a few feet away from you. what a moron. The Polk gameplan was to hurt CAK's offensive players. They did it, and STILL lost the game. Epperly threw 3 picks, and they STILL lost the game.

oh and you can can it about the refs costing you the game. POLK = 4 penalties, 42 yards. CAK = 6 penalties, 57 yards. <_<

Maybe you need to let that person have that user name, they would do you a favor, because what you said was stupid. Polks game plan wasn't to hurt anyone.

Maybe you need to let that person have that user name, they would do you a favor, because what you said was stupid. Polks game plan wasn't to hurt anyone.

ok maybe it wasnt. maybe it was. in any case, it amazes me that yall still are talking about how good you are and about how the refs stole the game from you. Seems like yall thought you would come beat up the little rich Christian kids and win easy. Then when our boys toughed it out and beat you, you didnt know how to handle it.

Congradulations Polk Players on a great season and Polk seniors on great careers. from what I could tell, they were mostly good kids. i will now transfer my posts over to a thread with some fun-loving, sensible folks from Blount County. Always my favorite thread of the year.

very classy of CAK. i mean i have always learned in church that he who is without sin throw the first stone. Very christian attitude to call out a coach on the press box. I have known the ones up there for a long time and there is no way that they would have wanted a kid to get hurt. They were probably just frustraited becasue every other play a CAK player was hurt. Hope you boys toughen up be fore next week.

Calling out horrible behavior by an adult who should no better isn't non-Christian. The Polk team played hard and is a very good team and has our respect as do the staff for a good game plan. Our kids did get hurt-but, guess they were tough enough weren't they?

Defending ignorance and then insinuating again that Polk was trying to hurt CAK players. I guess the game plan changed from hurting the QB and receivers to including the O-line in the final three minutes. I have never heard so many fans whine over another team being too physical in a football game. Maybe the radio station should get a sponsor from Vagisil along with all the Orthopedic Dr's...Vagisil for you fan's and the doctors for the players after we intentionally hurt them! :unsure:

lol!!! good luck next year. im gonna take the rest of today and tomorrow to count all my money. cak wins, you lose, get over it....