Oliver Springs @ Wartburg

Nitro

No. 30 definitely lost his cool. I don't think he was trying to get Wartburg players ejected at the end. I just think he wanted to fight anyone in a blue uniform at that point.

The right decision was made to end the game. No reason to chance anything more happening when the game was pretty much over anyway.

The school needs to suspend the kid, bar the kid and his dad from attending any further after school activities for the remainder of this year and next year. If nothing is done, this type of behavior will only continue. There will be some who will try to blame the coaches for having no control of a player, the coaches are not on the field, they can't stop someone from displaying poor judgement or behaving poorly at any given time on the field.

Besides that, if one of my kids acted out on the playing field, it wasn't one of his coaches he had to worry about. They knew they would have me to deal with.

Congrats to Wartburg and good luck next week!

The school needs to suspend the kid, bar the kid and his dad from attending any further after school activities for the remainder of this year and next year. If nothing is done, this type of behavior will only continue. There will be some who will try to blame the coaches for having no control of a player, the coaches are not on the field, they can't stop someone from displaying poor judgement or behaving poorly at any given time on the field.

Besides that, if one of my kids acted out on the playing field, it wasn't one of his coaches he had to worry about. They knew they would have me to deal with.

Congrats to Wartburg and good luck next week!

Catback, old buddy, this was a fine post. I agree with every thing you say here. I HATED to see this happen last night, but I think #30 just let frustration get the best of him and that's sad. But you're absolutely right, this kid's father needs to be banned from OS sporting events-I don't see how we can expect kids to behave properly when their parents don't. I honestly felt sorry for the OS coaching staff having to handle a situation like this because they seem like a good bunch of guys from what I can tell. YOU're right about your kids having to deal with you- my father would have probably been on the field with his belt! :roflol: Anyway it's comforting to know that OS has such a class act on CoachT.And like I told an OS fan last night- OS WILL be back next year and as tough as ever!

Wartburg had a assistant coach ejected, and Oliver Springs #30. They threw #30 out, then he ran back out on the field trying to get a bunch ejected. He was a senoir so he wanted to ruin Wartburg. There was a big mess out there, those were the only ejections somehow.

Why was a Wartburg assistant coach ejected? Yes our player deserved to be ejected, and that seems to be the popular topic. But what did the Wartburg assistant do? If we're going to get on here and talk about a lack of control of a kid, then let's hear why an adult was ejected.

Wartburgs assistant coach had ahold of #30 trying to hold him back. #30 was fighting, it was like trying to hold a wild horse and it looked like the coach was getting rough. The coach was on Oliver Springs staff last year and is a preacher in Roane County. You can try and turn this around like you are trying to do. Watch the film. The coach did nothing out of line, he knew the kid and was trying to hold him back. If #30 hadnt got held back he would have hurt someone and got himself hurt, both stands would have got on the field and it would have been on CNN. There is no place for that in any sports.

Wartburgs assistant coach had ahold of #30 trying to hold him back. #30 was fighting, it was like trying to hold a wild horse and it looked like the coach was getting rough. The coach was on Oliver Springs staff last year and is a preacher in Roane County. You can try and turn this around like you are trying to do. Watch the film. The coach did nothing out of line, he knew the kid and was trying to hold him back. If #30 hadnt got held back he would have hurt someone and got himself hurt, both stands would have got on the field and it would have been on CNN. There is no place for that in any sports.

Not trying to turn anything bro, I agree with Catback, I didn't know just tired of people getting on here running down our people because of the actions of a few. Every school has them, even your's. I,ve came up through the youth league, middle school, and now high school with my kids playing Wartburg and you have some fine folks who are affiliated with your program, but every team has a few who don't represent their team in a positive way. I certainly agree with your last line "there is no place for this in any sports". And you're right if that was the coach who was ejected, he is a good man, and for that matter is still someone that my son looks up when we play. Just don't put the whole program down because of a very few. Good luck the rest of the way.

The bottome line is that 1 family has caused a whole bunch of people alot of headache. The Bobcats have had a successful season. Last night was defintely not their night. Wartburg was hungrier. I just hate to see a good season end on such a bad note. Please do not think the OS people condone this type of behavior. They were just as upset with #30 as everyone else was. The OS staff tried to explain to the officials that the Wartburg coach was trying to calm #30 down because he used to coach him, but they ejected him anyway.

I would like to say congrats to the Bobcat players and coaches on a successful season. We will be back next year.

Sorry guys i had to miss the game and just got back in town. Family sickness so i had to tend to that.

I got text last night giving me updates and stuff and when i got the call telling me of the incident I was devastated to hear what took place. To the wartburg fans,players and coaches I want to first say congratulations on the win and moving on. Now i will talk about the incident. Catback and scw86 stated it well. There has to be something that happens to this kid. I will in no way bash him cause after all he is a 17 or 18 yr old kid, and kids tend to lose their cool sometimes, and with it being his last football game he will ever play I can see how he lost it. But in NO WAY should that excuse him from school punishment. I expect the coaches, and staff administration at Oliver Springs High School to do a good job in determining what his punishment shall be.

On top of this my first thought was will OS face probations or sanctions place upon by the TSSAA for an incident like this? I sure hope what few do will not affect others in the coming years. To the OS football team and coaches,the community including I are proud of what ya'll done this year and last. 2 straight winning seasons! Oh and to the underclassmen, bust it this off season to get bigger, faster, and stronger cause as said before WE WILL BE BACK and better next year and I sure am excited to watch the Purple and Gold make a deep run next year!

Again congratulations to Wartburg and good luck next week! I think I shall be out there watching the Bullldogs vs Boyd :thumb:

Edited by SuperFan1

Up 6 Touchdowns with four minutes left in the game a fight breaks out. The blame is on Wartburg's coaches. You've ran the score up all year, and now you're going to have to play a game next week against a very good team, and you're prolly gonna have a couple KEY starters on the bench because you were too stubborn to take out your starters. The kid from OZ did what every other 18 year old kid wants to do when they're losing big and you look across and it's still the starters. Maybe the Wartburg coaches will take a little lesson in sportsmanship.

Up 6 Touchdowns with four minutes left in the game a fight breaks out. The blame is on Wartburg's coaches. You've ran the score up all year, and now you're going to have to play a game next week against a very good team, and you're prolly gonna have a couple KEY starters on the bench because you were too stubborn to take out your starters. The kid from OZ did what every other 18 year old kid wants to do when they're losing big and you look across and it's still the starters. Maybe the Wartburg coaches will take a little lesson in sportsmanship.

Wartburg had pulled there starters already in the last series that OS had the ball, don't get on here bashing the coaches when it is playoff time you got to seal the deal. OS made a big come back when they played Sunbright Wartburg just made sure it did'nt happen to them. There were no ejections last night so there will be no Wartburg starters on the bench. You lose games and you win games and when you lose that don't give you the right to start a big fight you act like somebody and shake the other teams hand an you go to the locker room.

When the newspaper talks about the game ending in a "brawl", then I strongly doubt the TSSAA will not suspend someone.

Wartburg had pulled there starters already in the last series that OS had the ball, don't get on here bashing the coaches when it is playoff time you got to seal the deal. OS made a big come back when they played Sunbright Wartburg just made sure it did'nt happen to them. There were no ejections last night so there will be no Wartburg starters on the bench. You lose games and you win games and when you lose that don't give you the right to start a big fight you act like somebody and shake the other teams hand an you go to the locker room.