Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

First of all gentlemen, I'm not exactly a Gibbs fan. I've been to a handful of their games this year- I went to a few games for a couple of other Knox area schools as well. I guess where I come from though, you don't have to act like a schmuck to make good conversation about a game. Maybe that's how you do things in Greeneville though and I just can't get with your way of life. So I'm sure my sentiments don't speak for the Gibbs community since I'm an outsider who just happens to think they've got a fighting chance. What I do know is that you can think you're going to win- and win big- but you still shouldn't act like jerks when you're trying to express that.

Secondly, we have the same 'FIRE-SNOT' chap who continues to put words in my mouth. All I said was that Gibbs offense has been potent all year- and really the only comparison available in terms of offense was Fulton. Both teams put points up on Fulton. Is Greeneville likely to give up a lot of points to Gibbs- yes. Is it a sure thing that Greeneville will keep Gibbs from putting up a bunch of points? I would suggest that it isn't. Or at least it isn't as sure a thing as you all seem to assume it is. The point is that as soon as I try to suggest anything different from what you all believe in your biased minds- you throw it out and try to discredit me by twisting things I said to say whatever you want them to. I said that the game could be interesting- and you say parity. I don't know if there's parity, but I do know that Gibbs offense has been potent all year with Chris Legg at the helm. Therefore, they've got every right to be as confident as you have given your season.

Sincerely- good luck on Friday and the rest of the playoffs should you advance. I'll be pulling against you all the rest of the way.

First, Gibbs won't score much at all on the Devil D! That's a Fact!

Secondly, Greeneville will more than likely score at will on Gibbs.

You use the Fulton Score as a Comparison. Well, I agree Greeneville scored less than Gibbs on Fulton but they also held them to ZERO POINTS. Incase you forgot Fulton put up 54 on the Gibbs D and the Fulton O isn't half as good as the Devil's.

The Devil D will be in the backfield allnight long and Gibbs won't know what to do. They haven't seen a team like the Devil's and will be overwhelmed. Lord be with Gibbs and prepare them for the "FIRE-SNOT" they are about to recieve. If the Gibbs fans don't know what "FIRE-SNOT" is then you will Friday night after the Game.

First of all gentlemen, I'm not exactly a Gibbs fan. I've been to a handful of their games this year- I went to a few games for a couple of other Knox area schools as well. I guess where I come from though, you don't have to act like a schmuck to make good conversation about a game. Maybe that's how you do things in Greeneville though and I just can't get with your way of life. So I'm sure my sentiments don't speak for the Gibbs community since I'm an outsider who just happens to think they've got a fighting chance. What I do know is that you can think you're going to win- and win big- but you still shouldn't act like jerks when you're trying to express that.

Secondly, we have the same 'FIRE-SNOT' chap who continues to put words in my mouth. All I said was that Gibbs offense has been potent all year- and really the only comparison available in terms of offense was Fulton. Both teams put points up on Fulton. Is Greeneville likely to give up a lot of points to Gibbs- yes. Is it a sure thing that Greeneville will keep Gibbs from putting up a bunch of points? I would suggest that it isn't. Or at least it isn't as sure a thing as you all seem to assume it is. The point is that as soon as I try to suggest anything different from what you all believe in your biased minds- you throw it out and try to discredit me by twisting things I said to say whatever you want them to. I said that the game could be interesting- and you say parity. I don't know if there's parity, but I do know that Gibbs offense has been potent all year with Chris Legg at the helm. Therefore, they've got every right to be as confident as you have given your season.

Sincerely- good luck on Friday and the rest of the playoffs should you advance. I'll be pulling against you all the rest of the way.

So, you're going to let 3 or 4 fans make you pull against a team. I guess I understand. Dobyns-Bennett had a couple of posters this year that made me want to pull against them, but you have to remember that a couple of posters on a message board don't make an entire fanbase.

I'm not one of these people that thinks that Greeneville is the greatest team ever, but that being said I think that they win this game somewhere in the neighborhood of 56 to 21.

First, Gibbs won't score much at all on the Devil D! That's a Fact!

Secondly, Greeneville will more than likely score at will on Gibbs.

You use the Fulton Score as a Comparison. Well, I agree Greeneville scored less than Gibbs on Fulton but they also held them to ZERO POINTS. Incase you forgot Fulton put up 54 on the Gibbs D and the Fulton O isn't half as good as the Devil's.

The Devil D will be in the backfield allnight long and Gibbs won't know what to do. They haven't seen a team like the Devil's and will be overwhelmed. Lord be with Gibbs and prepare them for the "FIRE-SNOT" they are about to recieve. If the Gibbs fans don't know what "FIRE-SNOT" is then you will Friday night after the Game.

Florida, you can't hide by changing your screen name.. Some of the crap you say is soo ignorant I could spot you from a mile a way. You say the same thing over and over. WHO CARES! Anyway.. how many greeneville games have you been able to watch this year?

To the game: This has to be one of the most focused group of Devils I have seen in the past several years. They are ready to FINISH what they started last year. I hope Gibbs brings their best game of the year tomorrow night. I am ready to watch a good game for ONCE this year. How many seniors does Gibbs have on this years team?

Quarter Final: Gville 56, Gibbs 17 - No arrogance at all. This guess is just from what I've read, heard, and watched from both team. I look forward to 7:00pm tomorrow night at Burley Stadium.

Question to Devil fans: What would you say has given the Devils so much success the past couple of years? ..other than playing in a weak conference. Although I think Coach Ballard is a very good coach, would you say that bringing in Coach McCurry a few years ago helped the program take a big leap?

Florida, you can't hide by changing your screen name.. Some of the crap you say is soo ignorant I could spot you from a mile a way. You say the same thing over and over. WHO CARES! Anyway.. how many greeneville games have you been able to watch this year?

To the game: This has to be one of the most focused group of Devils I have seen in the past several years. They are ready to FINISH what they started last year. I hope Gibbs brings their best game of the year tomorrow night. I am ready to watch a good game for ONCE this year. How many seniors does Gibbs have on this years team?

Quarter Final: Gville 56, Gibbs 17 - No arrogance at all. This guess is just from what I've read, heard, and watched from both team. I look forward to 7:00pm tomorrow night at Burley Stadium.

Question to Devil fans: What would you say has given the Devils so much success the past couple of years? ..other than playing in a weak conference. Although I think Coach Ballard is a very good coach, would you say that bringing in Coach McCurry a few years ago helped the program take a big leap?

I think Coach McCurry had a big part in pointing this team in the right direction. Playing up for all those years made past teams work harder just to hang with the big boys and it shows in this team.

I am ready to watch a good game for ONCE this year. Question to Devil fans: What would you say has given the Devils so much success the past couple of years?

..other than playing in a weak conference. Although I think Coach Ballard is a very good coach, would you say that bringing in Coach McCurry a few years ago helped the program take a big leap?

Didn't I hear a few posters use this exact same sentence last week against Fulton. I know we had very high expectations from the Falcons and they put up a decent fight on Defense for a couple of quarters.

Yes I do believe Coach Mac had a positive influence on the program. Caine Ballard has had the good fortune of being on the staff of some pretty good coaches in his young career and he and McCurry assembled a top-notch young staff. I think both Mac and Ballard have done a great job building a program that includes the feeder schools and rec leagues. I think they are going to make some noise every year in 4A

Edited by barb

I think playing up for so many years has helped the Devils out more than anything. That fact has helped the coaches, the players, the faculty and staff, the community, etc. The Devil program knew how to win against teams that were twice its size and now they take that winning tradition to a whole new level. The coaches have been a big part in keeping this program where it was just a few years ago. The talent of the players right now is also high. I think it is a factor of several things that have made this program so good the last couple of years.

The junior class is a special one, most of them starting as freshman. I'd say that helps a-lot. The coaching staff is second to none in my book, from Cane all the way down to Coach Brimer(who coached the JV team to its first ever un-defeated season). The staff is so dedicated to success, the kids and the community, it blows my mind the hours they put in.

Greeneville will win this game easy. Hibbett is a slower version of Dalton Boles. But hey keep your hopes alive, after all you are the boys of fall.

Devils- 63

Whatever they are- 14

I think Coach McCurry had a big part in pointing this team in the right direction. Playing up for all those years made past teams work harder just to hang with the big boys and it shows in this team.

Your right Kev-O Coach McCurry had a huge part of turning the Program in the right direction. When he was hired he treated us as a college type team (New weight room equipment, charter buses, college type practices, new pads, helmets, jersey's). He got the school to put in a football weight lifting class so players would have to workout and stay strong through the season, not to mention the summer conditioning schedule we had to go through (Devil Camp). He believed in us and taught us to believe in ourselfs again. It didn't hurt that he came in when we had 8 starters on each side of the ball back either lol but he was the guy that turned the program around along with his staff that included almost everyone still on the staff (Ballard, Bentley, Hammonds, Brimer, Spradlin)

The junior class is a special one, most of them starting as freshman. I'd say that helps a-lot. The coaching staff is second to none in my book, from Cane all the way down to Coach Brimer(who coached the JV team to its first ever un-defeated season). The staff is so dedicated to success, the kids and the community, it blows my mind the hours they put in.

Greeneville will win this game easy. Hibbett is a slower version of Dalton Boles. But hey keep your hopes alive, after all you are the boys of fall.

Devils- 63

Whatever they are- 14

I seriously doubt that you're going to hang 60+ point on Gibbs, and if you do we'll have close to that. You'll score, we'll score. It's going to be a back and forth game. You aren't going to come in and shut us down, and you haven't seen a back like Hibbett this year. We're the Eagles by the way, and if you'll refer to Slaw's post you'll see what your mascot should be.

I seriously doubt that you're going to hang 60+ point on Gibbs, and if you do we'll have close to that. You'll score, we'll score. It's going to be a back and forth game. You aren't going to come in and shut us down, and you haven't seen a back like Hibbett this year. We're the Eagles by the way, and if you'll refer to Slaw's post you'll see what your mascot should be.

I think it will be more like we'll score, we'll score, you'll get a first down, we'll score, you'll go 3 and out, we'll score, you'll possibly score, etc, etc. Don't see it being a back and forth game at all. By the way, does anybody know the official release date of Kenny Chesney's duet with BigVolDaddy? Its called "The Devils of Fall" or "The Eagles Fell". Can't recall the exact title.

You're right, I don't think it will be 60 points, but the Eagles won't score with the Devils. Greeneville has seen great backs all year, actually. Several 1,000+ yarders in Boles, Montgomery, Malone and it can go on and on.

You are probably right, it might be closer to 40 but I think he's right about your "boys of fell"...er I mean fall. I think they won't score more than 2 TD's. We have had pretty good success against one man shows like Hibbett...I think this time Gibbs rides that horse till it breaks down

Edited by barb