Bearden vs. Maryville

B2B2B

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts -

1. Maryville's offense is clicking on all 8 cylinders right now.

2. Starz - We need to talk about your recruiting. You are slacking. I want to know how Devrin Young isn't playing for Maryville. Kid is a stud.

3. Justice is throwing a TD pass when the opposing team's fans are cheering you laying on the field.

4. My dream of a Lexington/Maryville doubleheader in Cookeville is becoming more and more possible by the week. :D

I said MHS would have little trouble beating Bearden, What I did not see coming was the beat down issued by Maryville in little over one-half of football. Bearden just did not have the horses to play with Maryville this year. A one dimensional team will seldom defeat a well coached balanced team. GQ and company work very hard at balance and the development of fundamentals.

Very un-classy taking a cheap shot on a second string QB. It is too bad that frustration takes over and players lower themselves to that level. There should have been a flag I thought.

Great job Rebels and thanks for proving what most of us Rebel fans knew for years, Maryville would have little trouble competing with the so called Big boys.

Now it is time for that annual Thanksgiving breakfast!

I said MHS would have little trouble beating Bearden, What I did not see coming was the beat down issued by Maryville in little over one-half of football. Bearden just did not have the horses to play with Maryville this year. A one dimensional team will seldom defeat a well coached balanced team. GQ and company work very hard at balance and the development of fundamentals.

Very un-classy taking a cheap shot on a second string QB. It is too bad that frustration takes over and players lower themselves to that level. There should have been a flag I thought.

Great job Rebels and thanks for proving what most of us Rebel fans knew for years, Maryville would have little trouble competing with the so called Big boys.

Now it is time for that annual Thanksgiving breakfast!

I didn't think the hit on #7 was cheap ... what I thought was PATHETIC was the cheering going on because a player was hurt . I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that ... the cheering got noticeably louder when it was obvious the player was hurt .

I didn't think the hit on #7 was cheap ... what I thought was PATHETIC was the cheering going on because a player was hurt . I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that ... the cheering got noticeably louder when it was obvious the player was hurt .

I didn't think it was a cheap shot either. The crowd cheering did piss me off though. And if you notice, GQ went to the post on the next play.

I didn't think it was a cheap shot either. The crowd cheering did piss me off though. And if you notice, GQ went to the post on the next play.

I agree...I thought it was a great hit. I would have cheered for the hit too if I was a Bearden fan but I would have shown concern when I saw he was hurt. GQ shut the crowd up quickly with another TD and # 7 showed a lot of grit coming back and putting another score on them.

on another note...

Would a Maryville player ever be allowed to stay on the field and act obnoxious after causing an unsportsman-like penalty?? I understand kids act foolish sometimes and get caught in the emotion of the game. My gosh, when I saw how their coaching staff reacted, it was more embarrassing to the program than the kid's on field actions and the fans cheering a hurt kid. A lot of folks feed off how the coaches respond in these situations...Thank you GQ for your influence on our kids and community.

Edited by MHS82