Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

Mmmmmmm, let's see....Im an ole red neck that lives in Hampton, gotta high school education, know alot of good people from good families that have a hard time making it. Alot of these people DID have businesses that were put under by an elitism gov't full of people you kinda remind me of.

I do agree that we don't need to rely on govt as so many do now BUT not every soul can start/run their own business and have the lives of the top 10%!!!! Doesn't mean they nor their children are any less successful than the ones they work for.

I know alot of unhappy, sorry, drug addicted, millionaires that probably do "touch" their nephews! So its not money nor the lack of money nor the opportunity to make money that determines if a person has 'grapefruits'.

Its not equal nor fair opportunity for all.

Our family business does around $15 million a year! So its likely that some of the elite around you and maybe even YOU depends on a public schooled grad like me to survive!

With that said, BB may have advantages that public schools do not. They still have to work to be good at what sport they play....just make sure these schools play others with the same structure!

Buc55 met me and would probably say he didn't meet anything more than a man. That's all we ALL are......and don't forget it

It's funny if Hampton would have won nobody would b talkin about this

It's funny if Hampton would have won nobody would b talkin about this

I don't believe anyone from Hampton has been talking about this! This has been an issue in schools from your area for some time!

I was responding to a post that had some truth, but with a incorrect portrayal of what constitutes success in our country.

Im right and uknoit2

I'm sorry, I wasn't calling BB cheaters by compairing them to Grace. I was meaning their fast Climb to the top. I was just trying to stir the pot really. I've never heard anything bad towards Boyd actually. I didn't think much about the comparison to Grace and I can see taking offence by it. Please accept my apology. I'm rooting for the dogs but I know it will be a rough hill to climb to get the victory. I'm sure it will be a clean hard hitting game. You have to be pretty tough beating Hampton like you did. I'm looking forward to it though. Wartburgs pretty tough if they play their game. Good luck to both teams.

I will post it again... maybe you will read it this time...

Hmmm… just like many said… the ridiculous, highest multiplier in the country would just move the 1A whining to 2A. I guess it is so… However, this is not the place for that discussion.

If you lived here… I suspect you would find a private school for your kids if you could find a way to pay for it…

You are correct about Boyd being the whipping boy for most everyone they played in the past. However, the dynamics responsible their improvement has nothing to do with recruiting or scholarships.

If you care to know the reason… read on…

In July 1997, the Chattanooga City Schools and the Hamilton County School System merged into one. The two could hardly have been more different. Chattanooga City schools were highly urban and poor. Achievement and standards were low. Hamilton County schools were suburban and more economically diverse. Achievement was significantly higher than in the city schools. When this happen many things changed in the Hamilton County public schools. This sent many parents looking for an alternative. At this time choices that were in the price range for common families were; Boyd-Buchanan, Grace, Chattanooga Christian, Temple, Brainerd Baptist and Notre Dame. Boyd-Buchanan and ND were the only schools that had football teams at the time.

(most of the above comes from a pdf about Hamilton Co schools located at www.annenberginstitute.org)

This is when Boyd-Buchanan began to have very good football teams… if you really wanted to know…

So… can we now just talk football?

Here is why I choose Boyd. I don't make a lot of money and don't own my own company I am a working stiff like a lot of people. There are many other at Boyd the same way. When my son was in 4th grade my wife and I decided to look at a private school for our son. This was because we had a daughter in a public school in Chattanooga that I graduated from. We became disgusted with the school and when my daughter graduated she had a 8th grade reading level. We decided it would be worth the sacrifice to send our child to a private school rather than move. I drive a $2000 dollar car and my wife has the nice $3000 dollar one. We chose Boyd. Because when we went there it was like a family. At ball games all the alum come back to support the team and there are multi generation students that go there just like you would find in a small county. During football games it would be the same atmosphere that you would find at South Pitt,Marion and Hampton [a small town feel in the City]. My son has been recruited for sports but by 2 public schools that I will not name. I think that you would find a lot that Boyd and your small county school would have a lot in common. What makes Boyd special is the families willing to sacrifice for their children. We do have so called rich families but we have a lot like mine.

Pujo is right......

As for the problems with Hamilton County Schools, the need for "grapefruits" would have been to stay within the system, not drain the best and brightest from the system and make it worse. Leaving the system you pay for and not demanding a change is called no grapefruits.

Now, go Wartburg....Oops, did I say that?... :roflolk:

Edited by CYJacket

Here is why I choose Boyd. I don't make a lot of money and don't own my own company I am a working stiff like a lot of people. There are many other at Boyd the same way. When my son was in 4th grade my wife and I decided to look at a private school for our son. This was because we had a daughter in a public school in Chattanooga that I graduated from. We became disgusted with the school and when my daughter graduated she had a 8th grade reading level. We decided it would be worth the sacrifice to send our child to a private school rather than move. I drive a $2000 dollar car and my wife has the nice $3000 dollar one. We chose Boyd. Because when we went there it was like a family. At ball games all the alum come back to support the team and there are multi generation students that go there just like you would find in a small county. During football games it would be the same atmosphere that you would find at South Pitt,Marion and Hampton [a small town feel in the City]. My son has been recruited for sports but by 2 public schools that I will not name. I think that you would find a lot that Boyd and your small county school would have a lot in common. What makes Boyd special is the families willing to sacrifice for their children. We do have so called rich families but we have a lot like mine.

great post, bu55. thumb[1].gif

Good post...just as I suspected.

Nice post Buc. Not all families that send their kidds to private schools are wealthy. Go Bucs