Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

Old Dad....when will they get better. Well you are already pretty good. In fact, you are a top program in the state. Your other questions....when will the freshman team start getting the attention it deserves, when will you all have a solid and continuous weight program, when will you see more depth on the line. I cannot answer any of those questions because I am not Coach Adeylott and I do not know what goes on there on a daily basis. If I were the coach I would pay attention to the freshman and give them a solid foundation to build upon and include them in at least a portion of the varsity practice. I would have my varsity assistants coaching the freshman up to the standards that I already had in place for the varsity. The weight program is a must. I do not know what kind of schedule Rutherford County is on but having the last period of the day for weightlifting is a plus. If not then after practice or morning conditioning. More than likely most schools go with the after practice option. Have the kids hit a strenuous and continuous weight program. Obviously it cannot be mandatory but it could be strongly encouraged. You will see more depth on the lines when more big boys start going out for football and the genetics change for the better in the size category. I am pretty sure that Coach A knows the fine details that goes into winning the gold ball and that the first time was not luck.

Administration has always fully supported the football team and allowed the football players to have a designated PE/Weight Lifting period besides the practice time after school. Having 'time' to lift is not an excuse that will fly. As to having depth on the line the 2004 team had 6 complete O-lines alone. Defense had 4! Only 2 young men were playing both ways and then only in what Coach Rankin considered an emergency. This year if we had 2 lines that knew the plays I would be highly surprised!

Secondly 'knowing' the details is one thing, putting them into practice is another. This is especially true under pressure of the playoffs.

Swami, it is also good to see you have not changed in your protect at all cost no matter if they are wrong or right attitude and attack the messanger if it questions the "COACH"!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Administration has always fully supported the football team and allowed the football players to have a designated PE/Weight Lifting period besides the practice time after school. Having 'time' to lift is not an excuse that will fly. As to having depth on the line the 2004 team had 6 complete O-lines alone. Defense had 4! Only 2 young men were playing both ways and then only in what Coach Rankin considered an emergency. This year if we had 2 lines that knew the plays I would be highly surprised!

Secondly 'knowing' the details is one thing, putting them into practice is another. This is especially true under pressure of the playoffs.

Swami, it is also good to see you have not changed in your protect at all cost no matter if they are wrong or right attitude and attack the messanger if it questions the "COACH"!

I would much rather be known as a protector than a whiner.

If you dont like the coach, become a coach, work up through the ranks, and replace him. Or get into a position where you have some authority over him and fire him. Thats a man's way and is much more fitting way than to snipe him on a message board with your whining and complaining. Thats more of my point than it is about trying to protect any coach. You and the other board ilk that employ the same tactics get me riled up because your frustrated impotence gives athletics and athletic supporters a bad name.

It would probably be better for you and your health to move on to an area where you actually have some influence. You've been at this for years and yet there has been no changes based on what you want. That's got to be with depressing, or frustrating to the point that your blood pressure is getting up. Judging by your posts with big bold letters and exclamation points, I'm betting on the high blood pressure. Those letters and exclamation points sure make you seem desperate.

Congrats on another quality season at Riverdale. Too bad you can't let yourself enjoy it more. And I don't need to hear from you on the past and what you are used to. You've said it over and over, and no one really cares.

I would much rather be known as a protector than a whiner.

If you dont like the coach, become a coach, work up through the ranks, and replace him. Or get into a position where you have some authority over him and fire him. Thats a man's way and is much more fitting way than to snipe him on a message board with your whining and complaining. Thats more of my point than it is about trying to protect any coach. You and the other board ilk that employ the same tactics get me riled up because your frustrated impotence gives athletics and athletic supporters a bad name.

It would probably be better for you and your health to move on to an area where you actually have some influence. You've been at this for years and yet there has been no changes based on what you want. That's got to be with depressing, or frustrating to the point that your blood pressure is getting up. Judging by your posts with big bold letters and exclamation points, I'm betting on the high blood pressure. Those letters and exclamation points sure make you seem desperate.

Congrats on another quality season at Riverdale. Too bad you can't let yourself enjoy it more. And I don't need to hear from you on the past and what you are used to. You've said it over and over, and no one really cares.

I do not just 'snipe' on a message board. I would tell him to his face if the opportunity ever presents itself. I DO know about real sniping though as I first did it as a 17 year old in Vietnam.

I also do NOT hide behind a screen name like the mystical 'Swami'! Mine is Mike Skidmore. Whats yours?

As to dealing in the past, that is what my BS and Masters degrees are in.

As to the blood pressure the medications has it in line Thank You.

I do not just 'snipe' on a message board. I would tell him to his face if the opportunity ever presents itself. I DO know about real sniping though as I first did it as a 17 year old in Vietnam.

I also do NOT hide behind a screen name like the mystical 'Swami'! Mine is Mike Skidmore. Whats yours?

As to dealing in the past, that is what my BS and Masters degrees are in.

As to the blood pressure the medications has it in line Thank You.

My war was before yours as I was in Korea and it looks like I need to go back and straghten some things out.

And just because you say would say it to his face doesnt make your whining on a message board any more appropriate or manly. In fact it makes it worse, as you know what you should do, but you don't. You sit at your computer and gripe, whine, and complain instead of actually doing anything. I even gave you two options of what you could do. But you chose the easier, weaker way, and a way that five years of effort have proven to be futile. Old dogs can't learn new tricks in your case, huh?

I enjoy being mystical. My name is my name, very well known by many, never to be known by Mike Skidmore, the great cLOD.

Happy Thankgiving.

My war was before yours as I was in Korea and it looks like I need to go back and straghten some things out.

And just because you say would say it to his face doesnt make your whining on a message board any more appropriate or manly. In fact it makes it worse, as you know what you should do, but you don't. You sit at your computer and gripe, whine, and complain instead of actually doing anything. I even gave you two options of what you could do. But you chose the easier, weaker way, and a way that five years of effort have proven to be futile. Old dogs can't learn new tricks in your case, huh?

I enjoy being mystical. My name is my name, very well known by many, never to be known by Mike Skidmore, the great cLOD.

Happy Thankgiving.

OOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP.........Maybe he gets the message now u think??????

"cLOD" huh.......pretty good...I will give you that one. :roflol:

I salute you sir for your service in Korea and hopefully no one will have to go to straighten thinigs out. N. Korea has a standing army of one million and five million more in ready reserve. They will NOT roll over like the troops we faced in Iraq. Son had three friends get orders for Korea this week though. He has done fought in Iraq and I would not like to see him in Korea.

Now as to my 'whining'. It is not whining, it is out and out griping! From your age and posts about liking the WingT offense best of all, I take it you are Coach A's coaching daddy who taught it to him.

You asked what kind of offense folks like I will tell you I like the power I with a little spread thrown in to keep defenses honest.

You and another poster, who IS an current assistant are NOT going to run me off the board, so get used to it. Better yet get Coach A to apply for one of the three open Coaching positions in Williamson County where he REALLY wanted to be all along. Then maybe we could get a coach who DOES believe in discipline and will work ALL the kids during a REAL practice and not be worrying about the long drive home to WILLIAMSON COUNTY. I am willing to bet NONE of them will hire him though after seeing what he has done to R'dale.

I wonder what the fans at Maryville or even Alcoa would be saying if they had a coach come in and do to their program what Coach A has done to Riverdale!

As to knowing your name, I have gotten over it and really could care less.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

"cLOD" huh.......pretty good...I will give you that one. :roflol:

I salute you sir for your service in Korea and hopefully no one will have to go to straighten thinigs out. N. Korea has a standing army of one million and five million more in ready reserve. They will NOT roll over like the troops we faced in Iraq. Son had three friends get orders for Korea this week though. He has done fought in Iraq and I would not like to see him in Korea.

Now as to my 'whining'. It is not whining, it is out and out griping! From your age and posts about liking the WingT offense best of all, I take it you are Coach A's coaching daddy who taught it to him.

You asked what kind of offense folks like I will tell you I like the power I with a little spread thrown in to keep defenses honest.

You and another poster, who IS an current assistant are NOT going to run me off the board, so get used to it. Better yet get Coach A to apply for one of the three open Coaching positions in Williamson County where he REALLY wanted to be all along. Then maybe we could get a coach who DOES believe in discipline and will work ALL the kids during a REAL practice and not be worrying about the long drive home to WILLIAMSON COUNTY. I am willing to bet NONE of them will hire him though after seeing what he has done to R'dale.

I wonder what the fans at Maryville or even Alcoa would be saying if they had a coach come in and do to their program what Coach A has done to Riverdale!

As to knowing your name, I have gotten over it and really could care less.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Old Dad---Thank you for your services as well and hopefully your son and others will not have to go into Korea. Things seem to be getting pretty ugly over there and quickly. If I am who you are referring to in your post saying a current assistant then you are wrong about me. I dont have a dog in this fight. I just love high school football. I have no relation to Riverdale or Coach Adeylott. I do live in Rutherford County and have taught at Siegel Middle but thats about the only connection there. If you are referring to someone else then its a moot point. Also, if you were referring to me then I am not trying to run you off the board. I actually enjoy reading your posts and most of the time can agree. Just not in this case. Happy Holidays folks.

LOD You are just a HATER. You never come on here when Riverdale wins to say anything positive. You were even negative when Rankin was here.

Rankin realized that his chances for success here were deminishing and he left. If you don't believe it, just ask him.

It's appearant this coaching staff is here to stay so love it or leave it!