AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

When has PC even played them in the regular season?? If it was at a jamboree at the beginning of season then they may have, but that does not count on the reg. season..... But since the football players came back out they are 9-1 with a full roster so why dont you give me a date as to when they beat them and give us a score and some facts??? Because in reg. season as of about mid November they have not played!

If that's the case and without all the football players,that's a no brainer..They should have beaten PC in that case...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC did not lose to FCS, one thing I think hurting PC in these polls is the three losses before Football was over or PC not having its full roster, I think the polls are a little biased at times, writers generally vote for teams in their area and have not even seen over 70% of the teams play. But PC is 8-1 with a full roster losing by two to one of the best teams i have seen all year. They should be in if these polls have any meaning at all!!

I agree.Those early losses shouldn't count much.I have no problem not having Lake Co ranked in the boys.Just that the 7-8 record maybe isn't as bad as it looks.Playing Brighton,J.C.M. and the bigger schools in Ill and Ken..some with about 1200 students..Dyer Co has about 1,050 students.They are killing everyone.If we played them and lost..should that hurt our ranking?Wouldn't we be expected to lose?Do any of you think any of the Single A teams could beat dyer Co.No way..So..can't go by the Lake Co record.Shouldn't go by what PC did before the football season.PC is winning now.

Im not a big bball guy, but from what i hear around Chattanooga area is csas is a really good team. Why are they not in the top ten? and i agree this ap stuff is awful. all sports

CSAS probably should be in this poll. They returned all of their major contributors from a state tourney team, they've played a brutal schedule versus a lot of perenial powerhouse AA teams (Brainerd, Howard, Tyner)along with Hixson & Notre Dame up to this point. Throw in a very talented McCallie & that's a recipe for disaster. To my knowledge they held their own during that time, only falling to Tyner & Hixson (both in ot I believe).

I don't have a lot of knowledge of the teams mentioned here to say who shouldn't be on here, but CSAS has proven last year, this year, and in years past that they deserve stronger consideration than they appear to be receiving.

CSAS probably should be in this poll. They returned all of their major contributors from a state tourney team, they've played a brutal schedule versus a lot of perenial powerhouse AA teams (Brainerd, Howard, Tyner)along with Hixson & Notre Dame up to this point. Throw in a very talented McCallie & that's a recipe for disaster. To my knowledge they held their own during that time, only falling to Tyner & Hixson (both in ot I believe).

I don't have a lot of knowledge of the teams mentioned here to say who shouldn't be on here, but CSAS has proven last year, this year, and in years past that they deserve stronger consideration than they appear to be receiving.

I agree with you.Probably a lot of teams that should be on here.I'm not saying Lake Co is a top 10 team.I think PC should be ranked.It was a 14 point game the last time the two teams played and looked to be even for 3 quarters but the 2nd quarter was Lake co's downfall.And 1-17 shooting from 3 point range.Lake Co probably isn't the best 3 point shooting team but does have some athletes.Maybe PC at 5 to 7 and drop Lake Co.I have no problem with that.It will all work itself out.Trenton has a lot betetr record than Lake Co.Lake Co plays them tonight at Trenton.Trenton is ranked about 13th and we'll see how it goes.If people are going by records..then Lake Co doesn't deserve to be listed.But it's too early to tell if the schedule and the teams thay have played also keep them out.We'll know more after tonight against Trento,,then Humboldt Tuesday..But the funny thing there is..What if Lake Co beats Trenton but loses to Humboldt ,the nimber 2 team and Middleton,the number 3 team.That will make their record even worse..but wasn't Humboldt and Middleton suppose to win.Are the voters going to penalize Lake Co for thos etwo losses?Especially if they are close games?

Edited by mrbigster

CSAS is 12-3 right now. They have battled the injury bug in losses to Hixson in ot and at East literature who i think is ranked 6th in AA. Their only loss at full strength was Tyner in ot in the Best of Preps Tournament. They beat McCallie who probably has one of, if not the most talented rosters in the state. They have only played 3 single A teams and handled all of those easily.

alright buddy i was at the PC vs FCS game and i know for a fact that FCS won that one. dont know where ur gettin ur stats from but PC lost to FCS.

What PC are you talking about hear Genius? Because its not Perry County. Perry County has 4 losses Lewis County and Waverly were 2 of them and that was when 6 of our top 7 players were still in Football, 1 was to Lake County at their place without 1 of our 5 starters out to pulled muscles, and 1 loss to the Homeschool team we played during Christmas Tourney. So like I said earlier FCS has not beat PC in this current season.

This shows you how much emphasis these sports writers put into these rankings. If Cosby is the #8 team in the state I will eat my hat. Not only do they play in the weakest district in the state of Tennessee but there non conference schedule is a joke as well. West Greene,Midway, Berean Christian and ETC: I dont care if they was 30-1 there is a reason for their record. I know of 5 teams in single A at the moment that may have lost more than 1 game but deserve to be in the top 10 way before Cosby deserves to be in the 8th spot.

Edited by pickup22

This shows you how much emphasis these sports writers put into these rankings. If Cosby is the #8 team in the state I will eat my hat. Not only do they play in the weakest district in the state of Tennessee but there non conference schedule is a joke as well. West Greene,Midway, Berean Christian and ETC: I dont care if they was 30-1 there is a reason for their record. I know of 5 teams in single A at the moment that may have lost more than 1 game but deserve to be in the top 10 way before Cosby deserves to be in the 8th spot.

who are the 5 teams you happen to be thinking of "pickup22"?

What PC are you talking about hear Genius? Because its not Perry County. Perry County has 4 losses Lewis County and Waverly were 2 of them and that was when 6 of our top 7 players were still in Football, 1 was to Lake County at their place without 1 of our 5 starters out to pulled muscles, and 1 loss to the Homeschool team we played during Christmas Tourney. So like I said earlier FCS has not beat PC in this current season.

This guy has no clue what he is talking about, he says we dont know where we get our stats from?? I personally asked my brother just when he got home from practice who is a starter on PC and he says they have not played FCS at no point during the year including the jamboree so i wish this FCS genius would give us alittle insight on this game since GLAZED and myself missed it!!

This guy has no clue what he is talking about, he says we dont know where we get our stats from?? I personally asked my brother just when he got home from practice who is a starter on PC and he says they have not played FCS at no point during the year including the jamboree so i wish this FCS genius would give us alittle insight on this game since GLAZED and myself missed it!!

the PC in my mind was Picket County. Sorry for the mix up on teams

Im not a big bball guy, but from what i hear around Chattanooga area is csas is a really good team. Why are they not in the top ten? and i agree this ap stuff is awful. all sports

Who voted? Anybody from E. TN? I do not see a team listed in the top ten that CSAS could not beat. They have beat every A team they have played. They beat Brainerd, Howard, Mc Minn Central, Mc Callie. They have all their players back from last year as a Final Four team from the State Tourney last year. In addition they now have the added incentive of not being ranked in the state. Can't get much better than that!!!

Just a note the Lake Co. record on the poll is wrong. The Falcons are 9-7 going into tonight's game at Trenton. They have beaten Halls, Bradford, Greenfield, South Fulton, Union City, Perry County, Middle College, New Madrid, MO and Fulton City. Only losses to single A teams have come to Union City(KY tourney), @ Humboldt and @ Perry Co. Just to set the record straight.