Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

We better not get over confident. This Farragut team is good, plenty good enough to beat us. If they don't have the critical turnovers against DB, I think they would have beaten a very good DB team last week. I also know that in their scrimmage with AE they moved the ball up and down the field easily. And AE has one of the better defenses in the area, they are loaded with big, strong, fast and experienced defenders. Farragut is very good at the zone read stuff. We will have to play very well to beat them.

I know our coaches are aware of how good these guys are and I hope they can get the kids to believe that. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched and it will be a very close game. Fewest turnovers wins this one.

We better not get over confident. This Farragut team is good, plenty good enough to beat us. If they don't have the critical turnovers against DB, I think they would have beaten a very good DB team last week. I also know that in their scrimmage with AE they moved the ball up and down the field easily. And AE has one of the better defenses in the area, they are loaded with big, strong, fast and experienced defenders. Farragut is very good at the zone read stuff. We will have to play very well to beat them.

I know our coaches are aware of how good these guys are and I hope they can get the kids to believe that. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched and it will be a very close game. Fewest turnovers wins this one.

I agree and hope OakRidge wins.... Myself hopes you all win every game but one.....AC game.

Rule also had to deal with rather poor snaps the entire game when in the spread against Dobyns-Bennet. A couple of them nearly went over his head. It makes it pretty hard to read your keys, not to mention running lanes, when you are having to pick the snap up off the ground. Hopefully, this is something that will be corrected during practice this week. At the same time, I certainly don't blame the kid playing center. I'm sure he is filling in for Doucette while he is injured.

I thought the first down speed option call that led to the fumble was a poor call. I like the idea of putting pressure on the C-gap to open up the interior run game, but Farragut had not run that play the entire game. Of course, it may also have been an audible. At any rate, up until that point I saw nothing that led me to believe that the zone plays weren't working. So, why risk a pitch in your own territory on first down? It put the defense right back on the field after getting a critical stop.

I agree with respect to creativity. I would be happy just to see a little more of a physical presence in the backfield from time to time. I would love to see Farragut employ a little more of the 2 back set. For example, they could shift #16 Williams from his tight end position into the backfield, and use him as a lead blocker. They could also use him at the slot and send him in motion to set up a trap. I have seen him literally blow people up blocking.

They could also use someone who is a more physical running threat in the two back set. I'm not exactly sure who would fill that role. Does anyone know if #45 Farner has any experience carrying the football? He(225 lbs.)looks like he would make an excellent fullback/blocking back type of player. I know he played some TE in the scrimmages.

I agree with all of this. I think #2 (don't know his name or class) could be better utlilized in a power running game. Maybe CEC still has some tricks up his sleeve knowing that the OR coaches were in attendance last Friday.

I couldn't say it any better. These Admirals are proud, and are hungry for a win. With an early loss they can't afford to lose another one.

I think the wildcats win this game, but will be sore Saturday morning.

I'm ready to do battle at the Ship! As usual, it'll be a good match-up with these 2 teams... The "advantages" are null and void. Too many variables in this one. Hoping for a big OR win to start Week 1 out right for the Cats! It's a close one.

Let's make some noise and get this party started! :popcorneater:

The worst thing Oak Ridge could do is over look this team and I'm sure there not going to do that. Farragut is still Farragut and even on a down year they are still going to be good. There still one of the the best football teams in Knox County, only Powell maybe CAK are better. I'm going with Oak Ridge in a close one.

Oak Ridge 31

Farragut 21

The worst thing Oak Ridge could do is over look this team and I'm sure there not going to do that. Farragut is still Farragut and even on a down year they are still going to be good. There still one of the the best football teams in Knox County, only Powell maybe CAK are better. I'm going with Oak Ridge in a close one.

Oak Ridge 31

Farragut 21

Oak Ridge 17 Farragut 7