Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

OK, I'll quit posting on the SC threads. My apologies for thinking the SC folks welcome the opinion from anyone other than a resident of their county. Wait a minute, I forgot that I am the elitist.

One last thing - at least I have driven over a 100 miles every Friday for two years to cheer for SC. A lot of those who give their opinion never leave their keyboard.

Have a great season, Owls, and Owl fans. Again, my apologies for entering your threads as an outsider. I really do wish SC the best. You are great fans with a great program. See you at the games.

I'm out!

I didn't like the sweep call on 4th down from the left hash to the right hash but they never ask my opinion. I'm certain I would've tried to get the ball to the middle of the field on 3rd and kicked, especially when my line has shown inability for 4 quarters. But again, they don't ask my opinion.

So in high school, a hold by the punt receiving team after the kick results in a first down for the punt team? There was also a late hit called on that play that was made before the whistle. SC had a receiver come wide open early in the game but a yellow flag came out at about the same time.

#8 couldn't have been getting the ball on the 2 point converstion in 2OT because he wasnt even on the field at first. Every Tiger coach was screaming for a Timeout but didn't get it.

Edited by bigreid

FWIW

Me: "So why didn't you kick the field goal at the end of regulation to win it?"

Words From A Couple SC Coaches: "Well, for one we didn't like the angle. We felt like it was a tough angle for our kicker to make that kick from the right hash on the 1 yard line."

Me: (After reading coachT, I thought I would ask some of the questions on here), "So why didn't you just position yourself on 3rd down in the middle of the field so you could make the field goal with a good angle?"

Coaches: "The kicker has been injured all week in practice and has not kicked one ball all week. Some inconsistency in pregame because of that. We felt we could get 3 yards in two plays."

Me: "You obviously felt good enough to send him out there for the first extra point in the first overtime, what's the difference?"

Coaches: "We scored first, that's the difference. If we had been on offense last in the first OT we would have went for two again."

So whether you or I agree with any of it. That is the thinking. Flame away.

Edited by I Love HS Football

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not... Maynord just wanted to make a statement.. point blank... he didnt wanna win the game 3-0... NO EXCUSE.. if you dont have enough confidence in your kicker make a 15 yard fg, regardless of the position.. then you have no business ever trying a PAT.... This game was completely closer than i ever thought it could or should have been... Not one SMith county rusher averaged over 3 yards per carry.... Im also glad that the fumbled punt didnt come pack to haunt number 16 after he played his heart out ... I thought both team had some advantages with the deep ball but didnt go their as much as they probally should... Really hope SCs line gets it together... I really wanted to see Jalen get to the second level a bit last night!

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not... Maynord just wanted to make a statement.. point blank... he didnt wanna win the game 3-0... NO EXCUSE.. if you dont have enough confidence in your kicker make a 15 yard fg, regardless of the position.. then you have no business ever trying a PAT.... This game was completely closer than i ever thought it could or should have been... Not one SMith county rusher averaged over 3 yards per carry.... Im also glad that the fumbled punt didnt come pack to haunt number 16 after he played his heart out ... I thought both team had some advantages with the deep ball but didnt go their as much as they probally should... Really hope SCs line gets it together... I really wanted to see Jalen get to the second level a bit last night!

Hey Bowden, I think Maynord & coaches would rather have a win anyway he can get it in that situation...JMO.

So in high school, a hold by the punt receiving team after the kick results in a first down for the punt team? There was also a late hit called on that play that was made before the whistle. SC had a receiver come wide open early in the game but a yellow flag came out at about the same time.

I asked the same question last night. The only explanation I could come up with was that the hold on the the Gunner occured before the ball was actually kicked which means he was still a receiver at that point. That's the only explanation I could come up with. I thought it should have still been SC ball.

The other officiating question I had was on the personal foul in OT. The flag came on first down but after the ball was set after the penalty marked off it was second down. It eventually didn't make any difference because G-ville scored on fourth down, but I thought it still should have been first down after the penalty.

What a game....hats off to both coaching staffs an the defenses. Offenses looked awful but maybe both defenses are jus that good. Gutsy call at the end but maynord showed he had balls. Owls oline needs to get better....much better but Gvilles dline played like some men....got my heart pounding jus as bad as it was two years ago

I asked the same question last night. The only explanation I could come up with was that the hold on the the Gunner occured before the ball was actually kicked which means he was still a receiver at that point. That's the only explanation I could come up with. I thought it should have still been SC ball.

The other officiating question I had was on the personal foul in OT. The flag came on first down but after the ball was set after the penalty marked off it was second down. It eventually didn't make any difference because G-ville scored on fourth down, but I thought it still should have been first down after the penalty.

I asked the same question...I have never seen a late hit penalty that didn't result in a first down. Both of those calls were actually the first times for me.

So 6 or 7 to 0 makes a statement over 3 to 0...okay...if you say so. -_- I think they would have taken that 3 - 0 win and run all the way back to the hill after the game.

Edited by Antwan