Greeneville at Mo West

First off...BVDEVIL, I hope whatever is wrong with your daughter gets resolved in a very positive manner for you. Secondly, I am glad to see a Greeneville fan say, "a very impressive 5A Morristown West". I am saying that because all we read is how Morristown West "was not that good", "they were overrated", and "the fulton team they beat was not good". Most(not all), Greeneville fans are very arrogant and disrespectful toward what other programs have done for years. After all we Blount County people heard about how much better Greeneville was than Alcoa and Maryville for the past 8 months, I guess its time to put up or shut up. So far, Greeneville is 0-1 against Maryville in a scrimmage and is 1-1 on the year in games that count...with a loss to an opponent that "most" Greeneville fans said would be a definate win for them. I gave your team props at the end of last year and said they were a top 10 team regardless of class, but not anywhere near the level of Maryville and Alcoa. Good luck in a few weeks and I guess we will see what happens...atleast we are playing on your field!

I’m telling you people, the Greeneville fans aren’t nearly as bad as you think. We played up for years against bigger schools, so we never got any respect ( Morristown West and Maryville kept knocking us out of the playoffs). When we finally moved down in the correct division and started having success, some of our fans went overboard and tried to gain respect by talking more than they should. You have to gain respect by doing it consistently on the field, but a few of our fans don’t realize that. Unfortunately, a few of our fans have managed to give our program a bad name, but that really isn’t a true picture of what this program is about.

With that said, you won’t find any fanbase who cares more about their team than Greeneville.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...BVDEVIL, I hope whatever is wrong with your daughter gets resolved in a very positive manner for you. Secondly, I am glad to see a Greeneville fan say, "a very impressive 5A Morristown West". I am saying that because all we read is how Morristown West "was not that good", "they were overrated", and "the fulton team they beat was not good". Most(not all), Greeneville fans are very arrogant and disrespectful toward what other programs have done for years. After all we Blount County people heard about how much better Greeneville was than Alcoa and Maryville for the past 8 months, I guess its time to put up or shut up. So far, Greeneville is 0-1 against Maryville in a scrimmage and is 1-1 on the year in games that count...with a loss to an opponent that "most" Greeneville fans said would be a definate win for them. I gave your team props at the end of last year and said they were a top 10 team regardless of class, but not anywhere near the level of Maryville and Alcoa. Good luck in a few weeks and I guess we will see what happens...atleast we are playing on your field!

thanks, she is fine now. as little ones often do, she gave us a bit of a scare, but in the end, she's fine and already back to her daddy tormenting ways.....as for arrogant greeneville fans...i cant speak to or for all Devil fans, but i know myself try to " do unto others "...if it's given to me, i give back, but generally, i keep it football and leave the arrogance and taunting to those who do so. Mo. West has been a thorn in GHS' side pretty much forever...in fact they are one of few teams with a winning record against the Devils and tonight, from what i could tell on the radio, basically just manhandled what I thought was a pretty physical Greeneville team last week. MoWest is always gona have more numbers and apparently this year they are quite large, based on the way the radio crew described them. the total yardage in this game tells the tale. Best of luck to the Trojans the rest of the way.

Very proud of Greene Devils for their efforts last night. Devils are a great team and played a great team last night! We thought that it would be a hard-fought close game and it sure was that and more. Mo West has an outstanding HUGE team and I was impressed at how well they moved for their size. Obviously not a great game for Greeneville...interception in endzone, Hall's big run erronously called back for non-existent block in back, virtually no blocking on offensive line, uncharacteristic miss for Ogle. While our defense played well, I give Mo West credit for some break-throughs. Greeneville needs to take this week and really work on blocking and figuring out real quick that some things offensively need to adjust. We really need those big guys back on the line and there are other plays besides up the middle. Hope all the players get healthy and ready for Perkins and Malone to start their season very soon.

I've been following the coachT threads for a couple of years now, just never got around to posting anything.

Last night both teams played with a lot of heart and gave it their all. What more could anyone ask for? Morristown West is a wonderful team. It had been a while since I've been able to make it to a game, but last night I made the trip. I am definitely a Greeneville fan, but lets face it, MoWest was just flat out better last night. It has been a long time since I've seen a team give GHS a run for their money and MoWest did just that. It was a great game, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Congradulations Morristown West! You definitely deserved the win last night. You all played extremely well and in the end, you came out ahead. Greeneville- You all played very well, also. Even with the loss, I am still super proud of you all. We all know you can't stay on top forever and I think after last night, more people are realizing that. Greeneville has some things to work on, and by their next game I'm sure they'll be ready. Once again, good job Morristown West.

Greeneville needs to take this week and really work on blocking and figuring out real quick that some things offensively need to adjust. We really need those big guys back on the line and there are other plays besides up the middle.

That seemed to be the sentiment of the night for the Greeneville fans. Morristown West’s strategy was obviously to take the run up the middle away from the Greeneville offense. There are definitely some adjustments that need to be made, but I’m sure the coaching staff will get it figured out. Shuffler is doing a nice job and no one is going to catch him if he gets loose, but we do seem to be missing Spradlin’s ability to get the tough yards up the middle. The good news is, there won’t be any 4A teams who will be as tough as Morristown West against the run.

BVDevil,glad all is ok,everything is fine up here.For those that don't know a lot about the Morristown teams.West has met Maryvlle about five times in the semi finals over the last ten years or so.They even got by them one of those times.East was the second team to ever win a state title on the field from upper east TN in the late sixties and that was in the highest class at the time.Getting beat by a good Morristown West team is not the end of the world.Alcoa plays from what I've heard,a top ten in the nation team tonight,so it will be a hard gauge to go by if Maryville lays it to them.Somebody has a set in Greeneville for making this schedule.I wish there were more teams around that gave us a friday worth making a trip to see.

BVDevil,glad all is ok,everything is fine up here.For those that don't know a lot about the Morristown teams.West has met Maryvlle about five times in the semi finals over the last ten years or so.They even got by them one of those times.East was the second team to ever win a state title on the field from upper east TN in the late sixties and that was in the highest class at the time.Getting beat by a good Morristown West team is not the end of the world.Alcoa plays from what I've heard,a top ten in the nation team tonight,so it will be a hard gauge to go by if Maryville lays it to them.Somebody has a set in Greeneville for making this schedule.I wish there were more teams around that gave us a friday worth making a trip to see.

Well if you played in the class you should be in you would have good games. And zero state championships.

That seemed to be the sentiment of the night for the Greeneville fans. Morristown West’s strategy was obviously to take the run up the middle away from the Greeneville offense. There are definitely some adjustments that need to be made, but I’m sure the coaching staff will get it figured out. Shuffler is doing a nice job and no one is going to catch him if he gets loose, but we do seem to be missing Spradlin’s ability to get the tough yards up the middle. The good news is, there won’t be any 4A teams who will be as tough as Morristown West against the run.

In the words of Waterboy, "Just wait, you will see" :shock: