Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

Some people standing around me were saying the same thing. Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with what they did at the end? I honestly didn't. This is just one man's opinion as a former player, but I probably would've wanted my coach to do the same thing in that situation. I know it sounds corny, but it would've sended a message to me as a player that no matter how out of hand the game is, you're never gonna wave the white flag.

Again, that's just my opinion.

I can see that point of view, but if they would have lost a Brandon Farmer or one of their other top players during garbage time, it effectively ruins their year. After all, they still have an outside shot of 2nd in the district, with a 3rd or 4th place finish fairly likely. That more than likely means playoff appearances, and anything can happen once you start the post-season. It just seemed narrow-minded to continue in an all-in effort when it obviously wasn't going to happen. Also, I believe their starting qb went out in an ambulance (I may be mistaken), if anything I'd think that would be a reminder to protect those invaluable to the team.

I can see that point of view, but if they would have lost a Brandon Farmer or one of their other top players during garbage time, it effectively ruins their year. After all, they still have an outside shot of 2nd in the district, with a 3rd or 4th place finish fairly likely. That more than likely means playoff appearances, and anything can happen once you start the post-season. It just seemed narrow-minded to continue in an all-in effort when it obviously wasn't going to happen. Also, I believe their starting qb went out in an ambulance (I may be mistaken), if anything I'd think that would be a reminder to protect those invaluable to the team.

I can see that point of view as well.

I know quite a few coaches. Many of them would play it safe in that situation. Others just don't dictate how their game plan or personnel changes over the course of the game based on the possibility of an injury, unless they're on the plus side of a mercy rule. It works both ways.

A coach should never throw in the towel, and the onsides kick was a great call. Good practice for both teams for the future. Plus why was Springfield not allowed to do the Dallas Shift like we have done for years?

Because it's illegal unless you do it every play on offense. It was illegal when they were getting away with it at Hillsboro, too.

Congrats to HC tonight on a very well played game. The Pats seemed to be firing on all cylinders. I wish the Jackets would have made it a game, but we never got untracked. Every HC fan I spoke with was very nice and hospitable to me, even with me in full Jacket colors. Many thanks for that!

OldJacketFan, in regards to the Dallas shift, from what the coaches told me afterwards, the officials called it an unnatural motion and therefore not legal.

A few of us Spfd. fans were talking during the game, and thought last year's HC team may have been better. I'm not sure one way or the other, so I will leave that for the HC faithful to debate. Either way, both teams were/are outstanding. Hope we see you again in the playoffs, but we will have to play much better than tonight to get there! Thanks again to the hospitable HC fans, glad we got a couple of scores late but anyone there knows Coach Counce could have made it a lot uglier than the score showed.

Because it's illegal unless you do it every play on offense. It was illegal when they were getting away with it at Hillsboro, too.

If this was true (and I am not saying it is untrue) why were we penalitized on our first two plays? The coaches said the official told them it wasn't fluid. It was to jerky. With the shift, without the shift we lose. It wasn't a factor.

Drew, OldDevil, and Prez you are some the classiest people I have ever met. I enjoyed our pre-game conversation and fellowship. Unfortunately, for the SHS faithful our team didn't show up tonight. Henry County's game plan was simple and overwhelming. The play was to simply overwhelm SHS and you succeeded. Hope Jacob Pierce's knee isnt banged up too badly. I see a very loooooooooooooooong run for HC deep into the playoffs. farewell my new friends. We will try again next year. Next year, I hope to serve you as well as you served me this year. See you again on these boards.

Would be a great game if it comes down to that. Hopefully spells revenge for us.

To the rest of your post, hope you enjoyed yourself. Good luck to the Jackets on the rest of the season.

The Commissioner enjoyed the pre-game. Henry County is some of the most generous opponents we play. Wish I would have had the pleasure of making your acquanitance pre-game. I got to meet the Prez, Drew and OldDevil. There wasn't a Warrior meeting though. Post game we were ready to start the long drive back. Good luck to the Pats the rest of the way. If that is a typical game for HC then you want have a really game until the state championship. He should roll easily to the Gold Ball. Continue on and bring one home for our region. We will keep working and building and try to catch up.

Drew, OldDevil, and Prez you are some the classiest people I have ever met. I enjoyed our pre-game conversation and fellowship. Unfortunately, for the SHS faithful our team didn't show up tonight. Henry County's game plan was simple and overwhelming. The play was to simply overwhelm SHS and you succeeded. Hope Jacob Pierce's knee isnt banged up too badly. I see a very loooooooooooooooong run for HC deep into the playoffs. farewell my new friends. We will try again next year. Next year, I hope to serve you as well as you served me this year. See you again on these boards.

Commish - really enjoyed getting to meet you last night and had fun with the pregame fellowship. I will say this, the game was much more dominating than I thought would be. The Jacket offense was simply shut down from early on. We were definitely hitting on all cylinders last night. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season unfold. Thanks again for stopping by! We'll be seeing you again soon!!!

Roll RED Roll!!!

• Upvote 1

Commish - really enjoyed getting to meet you last night and had fun with the pregame fellowship. I will say this, the game was much more dominating than I thought would be. The Jacket offense was simply shut down from early on. We were definitely hitting on all cylinders last night. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season unfold. Thanks again for stopping by! We'll be seeing you again soon!!!

Roll RED Roll!!!

Drew......the score doesnt even reflect how badly we didnt play or did play. I am still not sure which case. We were completely and totally overmatched. I posted earlier that I hope we would keep the score close. 0 to 0 was the best we could do. We are still very young. We are playing A LOT of underclassmen. Last night showed how far we still have to go to play with the elite of the region. We have gotten better BUT there is still much work and improving to be done.

Congrats to HC tonight on a very well played game. The Pats seemed to be firing on all cylinders. I wish the Jackets would have made it a game, but we never got untracked. Every HC fan I spoke with was very nice and hospitable to me, even with me in full Jacket colors. Many thanks for that!

OldJacketFan, in regards to the Dallas shift, from what the coaches told me afterwards, the officials called it an unnatural motion and therefore not legal.

A few of us Spfd. fans were talking during the game, and thought last year's HC team may have been better. I'm not sure one way or the other, so I will leave that for the HC faithful to debate. Either way, both teams were/are outstanding. Hope we see you again in the playoffs, but we will have to play much better than tonight to get there! Thanks again to the hospitable HC fans, glad we got a couple of scores late but anyone there knows Coach Counce could have made it a lot uglier than the score showed.

IMO, HC is much better overall and more physical than last year. This version is pretty much the same personnel wise as we only lost 4 or 5 starters from last years squad. This is the best HC team since 2008 when Marsalis Teague & Dominique Allen were seniors.