South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

I will respectfully disagree a bit. The year MC played Alcoa we could have played with them as well that year. Some years in the past I will say we couldnt have played with them. They did just have a player show out in his NFL debut something we have never had. This SP team will prove a lot this weekend to all of us. If Signal blows us out I will say this year SP cannot play with the 3A,4A,5A,6A elite BUT I will say that they could contend for the 2A State Championship. I just think its a big gap from 2A to 3A even though Alcoa is struggling right now. They played Maryville close when they were healthy. Their 2 losses are to a top 10 3A & the best 6A team. We will see how they play against the top ranked 4A team Friday night.

Austin-East actually lost again this past Friday which had to make Alcoa feel funny. The 3a champ may come from the West this year but either way it will be close and is probably up for grabs for the first time in several years. That said, Alcoa is still in the middle of it. Furtheremore, you put waaaaaay too much emphasis on D1 prospects and future NFL players. It didn't do us much good in 2008 when we had the D1 prospect thing going on or in 2008 when we had a future D1 star and NFL player. To clarify it for you, I think you are making a lot of assumptions about where some SM players are going to end-up.

We have a GREAT coaching staff for a small school...Not many can compete however with that being said I plead the Tree For FIFFF...5th yes I plead the 5th....Haven't beaten a team better than us since 2003 MC which conditioning played huge factor in that one....That credit the coaches though...I will b the first to say it's a joke we didn't win it all in 98, 2008 and 2009....2004 we were just as talented as BB but lost..2006 we had more overall talent than anyone but that team just didn't have any heart and was young but still coaches have to take blame for some of it...TrainTracks thinks this game is just as BIG a game for VICTORY as well as the team

The 2004 team was the only team with a losing record the last decade at 3-7 and got blown of the field by Boyd. (I am counting 2000 and 2010 as the last year of the 90s and last decade respectively like most official records do).

From what I can gather from these boards so far:

The people think Signal will either blow SP out, or Sp will win a close one

All Sp fans are dreading the eight mile hike to the stadium and limited facilities

Supposibily neither team can stop each other but Signal's depth with make them dominate later on

Bill Price is tired of hearing Sp fans crying about our starters being out

Everybody is excited for a big game atmosphere

and finally this is a good way to see what each team needs to work on to improve for the 2nd half of the season

Guest Purplepastry

We have a GREAT coaching staff for a small school...Not many can compete however with that being said I plead the Tree For FIFFF...5th yes I plead the 5th....Haven't beaten a team better than us since 2003 MC which conditioning played huge factor in that one....That credit the coaches though...I will b the first to say it's a joke we didn't win it all in 98, 2008 and 2009....2004 we were just as talented as BB but lost..2006 we had more overall talent than anyone but that team just didn't have any heart and was young but still coaches have to take blame for some of it...TrainTracks thinks this game is just as BIG a game for VICTORY as well as the team

And I'm a drunk? Perhaps you read like you write.

Looks like you fellers has been havin' fun master debating each other today. You fellers crack me up. I don't know where to start. How about lancer's post? I'll have to hoist the colors on that one matey's.

bsflag.gif

Before anyone from SP,get mad at me remenber I picked SP to win by 8.........I was hanging out with some SM people, and some of their coaches last night.....And the SM coaches were talking about the SP coaches, and fans cring about not having Chubb, Allen and Little Man for the big game......They said coach p said, he will sit out Zack, Queen and Patton....... or whoever SP picked to sit out.....and still win by 35 :mellow:

What a crock. I don't know if yall are trying to mess with yer players heads or each other. TT has shown his colors as a Price hater, but you'd have to be an idiot to believe Coach Price would think or say that. I can assure you that the coaches and the players are taking this game seriously. :ph34r:

Couldn't make too much sense out of all the other jibberish about old has beens. Don't know and don't care.:rolleyes:

I read Lancer's post as well and I have to admit it kinda surprised me as well. As for the game. Baylor North should handle South Pittsburg.

1. They have alot more players and depth

2. They are playing at home

3. South Pittsburg isn't gonna be at full strength (Even if we were, I don't know if we could win)

4. Baylor North-Signal has a QB being recruited by alot of high profile programs.

I wish we could see a great game like last season.

From what I can gather from these boards so far:

The people think Signal will either blow SP out, or Sp will win a close one

All Sp fans are dreading the eight mile hike to the stadium and limited facilities

Supposibily neither team can stop each other but Signal's depth with make them dominate later on

Bill Price is tired of hearing Sp fans crying about our starters being out

Everybody is excited for a big game atmosphere

and finally this is a good way to see what each team needs to work on to improve for the 2nd half of the season

You left out the excuses by Cornbread Captitol posters.

You left out the excuses by Cornbread Captitol posters.

It would be kind of dumb for a 1a school going against a 4a team with gold ball aspirations to not be just a little concerned about 4 or 5 starters out, especially in the secondary considering some on here think the Pirates are going up against the next Payton Manning.

i have thought about it serval times trying to think about all the scenario's and it could be a very close game if we get in front and hold SM to a 3 and out. i think that would pump up the boys and make them feel good. but on the other hand depends who the refs like cause i already see ALOT of yellow flying in this game and it could cause a loss for either team. them yellow flags mean just as much as a turnover in a game like this

Those boys from S.P better be ready for those eagles to take flight out at the nest. This will be a good challenge for South Pittsburg. Games like this one will help you down the road when it gets playoff time.

good game for both teams, regardless of how it turns out. Expect both teams to go far this year. Not sure I could stand the embarassment of losing to SP, though. :roflol: And have to listen to the crap from SP posters for all eternity.:roflolk: