South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

This by far is one of the hardest predictions I have had to make here on Coach T. If Signal puts pressure on Jake, and forces him into mistakes that is when they will start to pull away. If we can run the ball on them, and just keep their D honest then I think we have a chance. The more this week goes by though the more I think they are going to stack the box, and make Jake beat them with Chubb out. I dont care what they have done in previous games. You make adjustments for each team every week. Maybe I will come up with a prediction later tonight.

This by far is one of the hardest predictions I have had to make here on Coach T. If Signal puts pressure on Jake, and forces him into mistakes that is when they will start to pull away. If we can run the ball on them, and just keep their D honest then I think we have a chance. The more this week goes by though the more I think they are going to stack the box, and make Jake beat them with Chubb out. I dont care what they have done in previous games. You make adjustments for each team every week. Maybe I will come up with a prediction later tonight.

I agree...QB has to have a big game for us...This is a huge game for our young backfield...Stone and Lankford both need to bring their A game and get ready for a war....I think it comes down to how we respond to adversity when something goes wrong like a int or fumble...Our offense can't get rattled which with them being young has the potential to happen...You have to remember they are both under classman and have only played 3-4 meaningful games...If this is happens and they can keep calm then we have a GREAT chance....

Signal may stack the box and make Stone beat them throwing...With just Allen to throw to that will be quite a chore :)

U are still selling our D pretty weak...I predict win or lose they surprise every doubter on here with how we play Friday night....It's not all up to our O to stay in this game

Edited by TrainTracks99

Dad burnit recon Old Pirate has heard a heep of rumors this week with the latest rumors are 1. Big Ole BJ is playing pass catcher now. Figure that may help ifin it's true, leastways the Pirates would have least 1 tall youngon catching passes. Pert near sure he'd hurt him some Eagles once he got the ball. Jest mite be a good precaution to have a medic close. 2. Harvey offered BJ free Harvey burger for every 1st down or TD he picked up while carring that futeball.........sure wouldn't want to be one of them youngons from the Mtn in the way of that hongry boy. Sure nuff goin to be interesting

Dad burnit recon Old Pirate has heard a heep of rumors this week with the latest rumors are 1. Big Ole BJ is playing pass catcher now. Figure that may help ifin it's true, leastways the Pirates would have least 1 tall youngon catching passes. Pert near sure he'd hurt him some Eagles once he got the ball. Jest mite be a good precaution to have a medic close. 2. Harvey offered BJ free Harvey burger for every 1st down or TD he picked up while carring that futeball.........sure wouldn't want to be one of them youngons from the Mtn in the way of that hongry boy. Sure nuff goin to be interesting

Now Trool, I'm sure this is illegal in most states

Edited by TheBlackPearl

I agree...QB has to have a big game for us...This is a huge game for our young backfield...Stone and Lankford both need to bring their A game and get ready for a war....I think it comes down to how we respond to adversity when something goes wrong like a int or fumble...Our offense can't get rattled which with them being young has the potential to happen...You have to remember they are both under classman and have only played 3-4 meaningful games...If this is happens and they can keep calm then we have a GREAT chance....

Signal may stack the box and make Stone beat them throwing...With just Allen to throw to that will be quite a chore :)

U are still selling our D pretty weak...I predict win or lose they surprise every doubter on here with how we play Friday night....It's not all up to our O to stay in this game

I know they have been really good so far. I'm just ready to see them against a potent offense like Signal. If you are right then I will be the first one to get on here and tell you good job. They have earned our respect so far. No doubt. Just a little nervous is all.

You never cease to amaze me OP. You sure cant beat those Harvey Burgers. :roflol:

I know they have been really good so far. I'm just ready to see them against a potent offense like Signal. If you are right then I will be the first one to get on here and tell you good job. They have earned our respect so far. No doubt. Just a little nervous is all.

Well I'm not saying we will win but I think our D steps up....I think everyone from the fans to coaches and players are nervous/anxious and excited for what should be a intense game

Guest Purplepastry

Since my last thoughts on this game were expunged from existence I will repeat. I believe SM is two scores better than SP with or without injured players. The two issues in my mind are line play and depth/conditioning. The skill players for both teams may be a draw but I don’t think SP can match SM up front . Particularly the SP D-line vs. the SM O-line, they may shoot a gap and make a play now and again but shooting gaps and blitzes leads to holes elsewhere, and I don’t think SP can stand line to line with SM and play them strait up. If they can it will be a game. I think they will have to take chances, and relying on too many chances leads to getting burned.

The second issue is depth and conditioning. Historically SP has had conditioning issues and many of their prominent players play both ways. At minimum SM has more players and will be fresher. A possible remedy for SP would be if they could jump out early and rotate some people in to keep key people fresher. If it goes to the fourth quarter tight SM will win on gas mileage.

OP, your joking. Grider is going to put that Roberson boy at pass catcher? We need this boy blocking for our pass catchers. He is not a pass catcher. Grider better not do this or we will get beat. Someone better tell Grider this before it is to late. You think im joking but im not.

OP, your joking. Grider is going to put that Roberson boy at pass catcher? We need this boy blocking for our pass catchers. He is not a pass catcher. Grider better not do this or we will get beat. Someone better tell Grider this before it is to late. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, maybe if he scores the Ref will give us an extra 1/2 point. Any touchdowns by him counts for 6.5. That is probally what Hargis meant in his article.