District 14A

volfan007

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons of Lake Co. moved to 4-1 on the year and 3-0 in district 14-A with a businesslike 73-61 win over Greenfield. Lake Co. played ok and got out to a 20 point lead early in the 4th period and Coach B pulled the starters. Greenfield pulled most of their starters as well and with the 2 younger groups battling Greenfield pulled within 12 with about 4 minutes left and both teams ended up putting their starters back in to play out the last few minutes. Coach B was a little upset with her younger guys for not finishing the game because I think she pulled the starters earlier than she normally would hoping to save some legs for tomorrow's game with Southside and it didn't quite work out as she hoped. Volfan007 you are right the Swift kid is a beast had 17 rebounds against Humboldt Tuesday and had another good game tonight. For those planning on attending the LC and Southside game tomorrow in Jackson there has been a schedule change. The boys game will be played first at 2pm and the girls game will follow. This is due to the fact some of the Lady Falcons are taking the ACT tomorrow morning. So if you plan on making the boy's game it starts at 2 pm.

The Falcons of Lake Co. moved to 4-1 on the year and 3-0 in district 14-A with a businesslike 73-61 win over Greenfield. Lake Co. played ok and got out to a 20 point lead early in the 4th period and Coach B pulled the starters. Greenfield pulled most of their starters as well and with the 2 younger groups battling Greenfield pulled within 12 with about 4 minutes left and both teams ended up putting their starters back in to play out the last few minutes. Coach B was a little upset with her younger guys for not finishing the game because I think she pulled the starters earlier than she normally would hoping to save some legs for tomorrow's game with Southside and it didn't quite work out as she hoped. Volfan007 you are right the Swift kid is a beast had 17 rebounds against Humboldt Tuesday and had another good game tonight. For those planning on attending the LC and Southside game tomorrow in Jackson there has been a schedule change. The boys game will be played first at 2pm and the girls game will follow. This is due to the fact some of the Lady Falcons are taking the ACT tomorrow morning. So if you plan on making the boy's game it starts at 2 pm.

I thought Lake Co played pretty well.Have to stay on the toes against Greenfield as they do the small things fundamentally to stay with a lot of good teams.Thought Lake Co played Greenfield well as most every time their best shooter got the ball to shoot and they set a screen for him.it was always someone else picking him up.Wardawg,what you touched on was about the only negative I saw in the game in pulling all the startres out at the start of the 4th quarter with a 20 point lead.Told people around me that it was much to early.Thought Greenfield was going to leave theirs in and gain ground pretty quick but they subbed also and I felt a little better.But the lead dwindled to 12 with about 3 or 4 minutes to play and I saw the Greenfield coach urging his starters back onto the floor and Lake Co countered.Good to get a win at Greenfield .

Falcons get humbled this afternoon at Southside. The Hawks have a good team and handled business on their home floor.As my daddy wood say we just got took out behind the woodshed and got our tails whipped. Not much to say Falcons got out hustled, out defended and simply outplayed. Hope the boys use this as a learning experience and get back on track. Can't play the way we did today and get back to Murfreesboro. Well back to district as we play South Fulton on tuesday and Bradford friday.

Falcons get humbled this afternoon at Southside. The Hawks have a good team and handled business on their home floor.As my daddy wood say we just got took out behind the woodshed and got our tails whipped. Not much to say Falcons got out hustled, out defended and simply outplayed. Hope the boys use this as a learning experience and get back on track. Can't play the way we did today and get back to Murfreesboro. Well back to district as we play South Fulton on tuesday and Bradford friday.

Doesn't hurt to play these types of teams...Makes you better down the road...

Doesn't hurt to play these types of teams...Makes you better down the road...

Like the old story says.If you can't say anything good,just best to keep your mouth shut.When a team can't hit layups,free throws..and after getting down by about 12 points and then having to shoot long shots hoping to get back in the game and not making anything,just kept missing and it got worse.So.Nothing good to say.Southside just outplayed Lake Co in every way.My mouth is now shut.Computer is silent for now.

Greenfield beats Bradford by 5 at Bradford. Greenfield is up 30-11 at half and Bradford cuts it to 2 with a minute to go. Unbelievable comeback, Bradford Coach Glisson outcoached us once again. We were very lucky to win tonight but a win is a win. Good job boys. We have more talent this year than we have had in a long time, just let the boys play ball.

If we play like the first half we can beat Union City but if we play not to lose like the second half it will be a blowout.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Greenfield beat Bradford 56-51 tonight. We were up by 20 points at the half. Then, in the second half, the refs let Bradford foul like crazy, and our boys started committing lots of turnovers, and couldnt hit a shot. But, when you're being hacked and pushed, you tend to commit turnovers and miss shots. But also, the Bradford boys got hot...especially #22...he couldnt miss in the 2nd half...

Seriously, I thought our 2nd string would be playing most of the 2nd half, but then all of this took place. I was glad to just get out of there with a win.