Public school coaches told not to pray

pioneer95

Let's clear a few 'facts' up for you:

1. Not all nations use OUR calender.

2. It is not based on the DEATH of CHRIST. AD DOES NOT MEAN 'After Death' it means: Anno Domini "In the year of our Lord" and it is measured from the assumed date of his birth which historians now believe is about 2.7 years off.

3. Yes, the 1st Amendment to the constitution does give all Americans the right to practice their religious freedoms but the Supreme Court has upheld the separation clause (first part of the first amendment) to prohibit teachers and government employees from forcing their religious views and dogma on students. I once had a Jewish teacher who tried to tell us that Jesus was not the son of God. Under the law, he should not have done this but no one stopped him. As a Christian, I can understand why our founding fathers included this amendment.

4. As an assistant football coach, I stand behind the student-led prayer after every football game. I see no problem with it whatsoever; however, if my administration tells me not to do it I can't afford to lose my job to make a point. Protesting this ban is one thing but no one should lose their job to make a point. Coaches have families and in this tough economy they should not risk their jobs to make a point.

Just my humble opinion.

. So where do you draw the line. Your admin does not have the authority that it thinks it does. I sure am glad that the founders didn't let a little thing like life, fortuneand sacred honor get in the way of a good fight.

Hey Folks this did happen look it up! Jody is a fine Christan man thought i would share it with you guys its long and well worth the read.

The Hypocritical US Supreme Court

Author unknown

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school Principal, Jody McLeod.

“It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country.â€

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it “an alternate lifestyle,†and if someone is offended, that’s OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, “safe sex.†If someone is offended, that’s OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a “viable means of birth control.†If someone is offended, no problem…

I can designate a school day as “Earth Day†and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess “Mother Earth†and call it “ecology.â€

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as “simple minded†and “ignorant†and call it “enlightenment.â€

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical

I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s,†and refrain from praying at this time.

“However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that’s not against the law—-yet.â€

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer’s Box!

Who gave the "one single person" the ability and power to overrule the majority? How does that happen? WHy does it continue to happen?

It comes back to judges not juries. In these types of cases they are decided by judges not juries because groups like the ACLU know they will get more sympathy from a judge- a jury will not get them the decision they want. When the threat of a lawsuit comes to a school board by the ACLU- the school board does not want to spend the money to fight it.

as a christian, I agree, but lets pretend for a second that there were some muslim coaches that were pushing muslim practices on their players, the christians would be up in arms about it. I feel as if the team wants to and the coach wants to bow his or her head then so be it, no one has the right to say who can bow their heads, I for one bow my head several times a day most of the time it goes totally unnoticed. I guess the coaches should steal,covet thy neighbors wife, and never tell the truth, if they are not to practive any christian practices. I hope my children have good christian coaches if they play sports, and if their coach prays or bows his or her head then I will support them.

301581_10150323260631032_218171536031_8400893_1614193939_n.jpg

The photo above was taken from Friday night's game between Henry County High and Clarksville NE...this was at the beginning of the 2nd quarter following a play where a Northeast Eagle player was seriously injured and the medical staff, EMTs, and ambulance were on the field tending to the young man. As the Northeast Eagles assembled for a prayer on the far sideline....the 2000+ Patriot fans saw #74 Dremel Kendall gather his team together and lead the Big Red sideline in prayer for a young man who was clearly in pain, whose condition at the time was unknown..without having ever met the player from Northeast. Clearly...this is what is great about High School athletics...and I'd love to see someone try to "legislate" this out of the game!

I am the Head Coach of a Tennessee High School football team as well as a Christian and my stance is this: I, for one, am no where near being perfect. I am going to put my team in a position where they can win at the scoreboard at the end of the field. But more importantly, I am going to put them in a position to win at the scoreboard's at the end of their lives. We Pray before and after every practice and games(in which I lead). We have a Team Chaplin who is at almost every practice and game. We also have an FCA Character Coach Speaker every Thursday to bring the Word and open the Invitation to Christian Discipleship (So far we've had over 40 kids to give their life to Christ and more than 60 to rededicate their lives (in less than 3 years). I strongly feel that God puts his people in leadership positions to help carry out the Great Commission (Matthew 28). Like I said before, I'm not perfect. But I'd hate to be the person, who at the end of their life, have to explain to GOD why they didn't take advantage of the opportunities that he gave them to spread his Word to others. So as for me and my Family, we will serve the Lord!

I am the Head Coach of a Tennessee High School football team as well as a Christian and my stance is this: I, for one, am no where near being perfect. I am going to put my team in a position where they can win at the scoreboard at the end of the field. But more importantly, I am going to put them in a position to win at the scoreboard's at the end of their lives. We Pray before and after every practice and games(in which I lead). We have a Team Chaplin who is at almost every practice and game. We also have an FCA Character Coach Speaker every Thursday to bring the Word and open the Invitation to Christian Discipleship (So far we've had over 40 kids to give their life to Christ and more than 60 to rededicate their lives (in less than 3 years). I strongly feel that God puts his people in leadership positions to help carry out the Great Commission (Matthew 28). Like I said before, I'm not perfect. But I'd hate to be the person, who at the end of their life, have to explain to GOD why they didn't take advantage of the opportunities that he gave them to spread his Word to others. So as for me and my Family, we will serve the Lord!

:thumb:

Coach "Squanto"...very good and accurate post! Likewise...each Thursday in Paris..a different speaker, character coach, and often a former player speaks to the Patriot football team on these same matters following practice! It has been going on for years....and I look for it to continue here as long as we have high school football!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Let's clear a few 'facts' up for you:

1. Not all nations use OUR calender.

2. It is not based on the DEATH of CHRIST. AD DOES NOT MEAN 'After Death' it means: Anno Domini "In the year of our Lord" and it is measured from the assumed date of his birth which historians now believe is about 2.7 years off.

3. Yes, the 1st Amendment to the constitution does give all Americans the right to practice their religious freedoms but the Supreme Court has upheld the separation clause (first part of the first amendment) to prohibit teachers and government employees from forcing their religious views and dogma on students. I once had a Jewish teacher who tried to tell us that Jesus was not the son of God. Under the law, he should not have done this but no one stopped him. As a Christian, I can understand why our founding fathers included this amendment.

4. As an assistant football coach, I stand behind the student-led prayer after every football game. I see no problem with it whatsoever; however, if my administration tells me not to do it I can't afford to lose my job to make a point. Protesting this ban is one thing but no one should lose their job to make a point. Coaches have families and in this tough economy they should not risk their jobs to make a point.

Just my humble opinion.

most all nations employ the Gregorian calendar, even if they choose to supplant the B.C. ("Before Christ") with BCE ("Before the Common Era") and the A.D. ("Anno Domini") with CE (Common Era). there are other calendars, such as the Chinese, but that nation of 1.3 billion adheres to the modified Gregorian calendar in its business and even most social dealings.

more importantly, there is no such thing as the "separation clause." What you're referring to is the so-called Establishment Clause, which has certainly been misinterpreted by the elitist supreme court contrary to the framers' original intent, actual literal meaning of the English language, and good ol' common sense.

I used to employ reasoning like yours about the specter of minority religions affecting the young and impressionable. But I've come to realize that it's a red herring. So long as the majority is in social (not necessarily political) power we don't need to worry about what some moslem might say or pray. This actually jibes well with the original intent of the Establishment Clause, which was simply that there would be no state (christian) religion kind of like, say, what the framers were really afraid of, a state-controlled church such as the Church of England whose titular head was the King of England. The framers had absolutely no conception that our nation would be anything other than a majority christian nation and that everyone would act accordingly in their private and public dealings. Don't let those revisionist historians blind you to the truth.

Edited by Moronicus