TSSAA visits Signal Mtn

Rabble Rouser

I have enjoyed reading CoachT for years, but have only just joined and have never posted. This topic, however, hits close to home - literally. I am flummoxed that this has not happened sooner. I have heard from friends with children at the school that there are a number of football players each year of the program thus far that DO NOT live on the mountain, use the NCLB rulings to attend SMMHS only to play football, and then return to their zoned schools for the rest of the year. While the investigators are here, perhaps they should ask about this practice as well. In addition, I am appalled at the attitude and behavior of the coach. His lack of ethical player management, inability (or refusal) to be a life coach for his players and his outright prevarications in past episodes are an embarrassment to my community.

I have enjoyed reading CoachT for years, but have only just joined and have never posted. This topic, however, hits close to home - literally. I am flummoxed that this has not happened sooner. I have heard from friends with children at the school that there are a number of football players each year of the program thus far that DO NOT live on the mountain, use the NCLB rulings to attend SMMHS only to play football, and then return to their zoned schools for the rest of the year. While the investigators are here, perhaps they should ask about this practice as well. In addition, I am appalled at the attitude and behavior of the coach. His lack of ethical player management, inability (or refusal) to be a life coach for his players and his outright prevarications in past episodes are an embarrassment to my community.

As a former player of coach Price I have to disagree with your bashing of him and his inability to be a so called like coach. Many of my fondest memories from high school are related to my days of playing football for Coach Price. He is very strict on his players and you can be assured if they run afoul of his rules then they will be punished as I witnessed on several occasions. Coach Price will always have his detractors due to any number of reasons but the bottom line is he cares about his players immensely, is strict to play for and he teaches them life lessons which they carry with them for many years that leads to success later in life.

• Upvote 1

Don't believe everything you hear. You are an embarrassment to my community when you spout half truths and hear say like you have just done. Coach Price has been around long enough to know the rules and he preaches following them and doing the right thing constantly to the players. He would not let an ineligible player on the field because he knows the consequences. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest.

GO EAGLES!!

• Upvote 1

As a former player of coach Price I have to disagree with your bashing of him and his inability to be a so called like coach. Many of my fondest memories from high school are related to my days of playing football for Coach Price. He is very strict on his players and you can be assured if they run afoul of his rules then they will be punished as I witnessed on several occasions. Coach Price will always have his detractors due to any number of reasons but the bottom line is he cares about his players immensely, is strict to play for and he teaches them life lessons which they carry with them for many years that leads to success later in life.

What is is policy on players and keg parties? (I just kidding :mrgreen: )

I'm going with TSSAA on this one, they have had about 2 months since the last time they have had to deal with Signal so hopefully they can fix the problems on defense against Signal's powerful offense. I also think Signal won't be as good without their ineligible players on the field therefore giving TSSAA the easier win. Could turn into a shoot-out. You think I'm joking, but I am.

TSSAA 42

Signal 21

Signal Mountain's new program named "no good football player left behind" seems to have a few

wrinkles that need to be ironed out. School officials are meeting with the TSSAA in hopes of

getting on track. The fans of Signal Mountain, who love the new mandate, are standing behind

the Head Coach 100%.

A 4.3 40, is a terrible thing to waste.