South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

Here are the facts i know because i help out with the program! The coaches are talking up the game because well its a huge game! They are excited to play a team of this caliber so that IF we beat S.P. we will have a great measuring stick of our program none of the staff here are calling for a blowout im not sure where this is coming from but its simply not true. This game has been circled on the calendar since spring practice. So im putting this rumor to bed right now because i promise if you ask anyone player or coach they will tell you its gonna be a heck of a game. I cant speak for the fans but you don't have to look too hard ad S.P. storied and dominant past in football. Nothing but respect coming from this team and anticipation!:popcorneater:

Oh the respect is there sure...How could it not but two coaches have told several coaches from another team not mentioned that they think if they play well it will be a blowout like 09 but this time to us....I'm just saying what it going around and fwiw it's coming from Ktown...Most SP people haven't gotten wind of it but GCA is cocky and ready

Lawdy Mercy, I been over to dat "pairings" forum. It be makin' my head spin. How yall figuh dem dings out? I tell you what - I be lettin' somebody else do all dat figurin' and den I just shows up wherever de Pirates be playin'. Oooooweeeee...dem Grace boys be out to get us in trouble. Dey be tryna start fights and get people throwed out da game. Dat mean dey wouldn't be able to play in de playoffs. Our boys better learn to control dey temper. When one dem Grace boys be talkin' bout yo mama, you just be ignorin' him.

That is consistent with what some of us have determined based on current playoff rankings and quad arrangements. If by some long shot were moved back to quad 2, we could still end up with a #2 seed with a loss to GCA. We are reaping the rewards of the toughest schedule in 1a. (that last bit was sarcasm)

But, If we beat GCA we host til the state title or as long as we keep winning because its the odd numbers turn to host this year I believe. That is if we end up in quad 1 like projected. Grace is not ready for what is coming...SP has a lot on the line in this game...they want it...bad...

But, If we beat GCA we host til the state title or as long as we keep winning because its the odd numbers turn to host this year I believe. That is if we end up in quad 1 like projected. Grace is not ready for what is coming...SP has a lot on the line in this game...they want it...bad...

I think the Pirates are going to sail that ship into Grace with black sails and come out with a 12 point win.

Edit: it turns out Greenback has completed their season and the best they can do is 8 wins. We may beat them out on a tie-breaker in the worst case scenario.

Edited by rlh

I think the Pirates are going to sail that ship into Grace with black sails and come out with a 12 point win.

Edit: it turns out Greenback has completed their season and the best they can do is 8 wins. We may beat them out on a tie-breaker in the worst case scenario.

Greenback plays Harriman fri night.Will also have a forfiet win against KCA.

Edited by orngnblk

Grace Christian will be ready for this football game on Friday night. This is the Super Bowl to this team. Where is the Grace guy from two years ago that posted on here so much. I can't recall his name, but talked with him at the game. As I said, Grace Christian will be excited to play in this game, but South Pittsburg is coming so hopefully they will be ready to answer the challenge.

Grace is no joke. The success with which they run the football is not an accident. Their line isn't huge but they are tough kids who seem to enjoy the physicality of the game. Not really something you see from a lot of private schools. With that said, their schedule has been soft as a pillow. The only difficult game they played this year has been CAK and I would be surprised if Grace can play better than they played that night, which I think they'll need to if South Pitt brings it. Be prepared for a hard fought game and please take it to them, Pirates!

------------------------------------------------------

GCA will treat this game is their Gold ball game being they are not eligible for playoffs..

GO PIRATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To steal a line, There is no competition in this game :roflolk: I am sure GCA has a good team...but unless your name is Trousdale County...I don't see any other team playing SP close in 1a or 2a this year. My opinion. Just a heads up for GCA people, next year when you are actually in the playoffs, when you go to the creekbank, beware :twisted: crazy things happen there haha

Was hoping this one would be played at the Pitt. Can't wait to see the tradition and the community you guys have.