Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

Guest Termite

You dont have to scout 2 years out to know white county and warren county suck. THEY DO EVERY YEAR! Macon, Livingston, White House and Dekalb might all be history after the first round.So this leaves your one truely tough game against a 1a school Gordonsville. Trousdale is right down the road....play them.

Look at Trousdale playing Warren Central in KY 6a, Signal Mountain playing Blackman 6a, Alcoa playing the 6a state champion Maryville. You cant sit here and tell me Smith knowing tired to schedule a tough schedule outside there already weak ( we know they cant help this) district. You are the silly looking one. There lack of a gold ball shows somehtingis not getting the playoff ready with all the 10-0, 9-1, or 8-2 teams they have had that stumbled in the playoffs. They struggled even in the first round of playoffs verse east Lit. Does TC or Alcoa ever struggle in the first round? Get real.

So TC playing Warren Co Ky, the 1st game helps them get playoff ready? And SM scheduling ....anybody this year .......got them playoff ready? I doubt the 1st game gets anyoune "playof ready" and I know SM isn't playoff ready.

Weak District? Maybe this year, but check the recent history. I can set here and tell you most teams do the same thing SC does,,,,,schedule up not down.

"LA,WH,MC,DC, might be history after the 1st roud. So this leaves one truely tough game against a 1A school Gordonsville".

I don't think any of these teams are in the same Quad or classification as SC, so........I'm not real concerned about them.

You ain't the brightest light in the harbour are you?:roflol:

Edited by Termite

Guest Termite

Calm down ladybug, all i did was make my prediction for this game and you get your bloomers all ruffled and start your "at least we beat gordonsville rant" and to be honest its boring when thats the best you can come up with year after year. Please dont put down the fine folks at gordonsville just because charlie is running his yap...(thats what i do) I have watched the owls several times this year and im sorry to offend you by saying YES they are very over rated !! IMHO they couldnt beat any team ranked in the 3a top ten. Am i wrong... maybe but i dont think so. PC will be on #25 like white on rice and they have the speed to contain the deep passing threat. I look for pearl to run it down your throat all night long. This will by far be the toughest team the owls have faced so far so do all your bragging now because friday night everyone will see just how over rated the owls are !! But on the bright side you can still come watch the tiggers play as we will be around for a few more weeks. I will for sure be there .. not to root for PC though, i just love the fireworks :thumb:

Boring?? Best I can come up with?? Sorry Charlie, I guess it would get old, year, after year, after year, after year...... .....I really wouldn't know.:D

I NEVER PUT DOWN the FINE folks at Gordonsville.........it's the other ones.:roflol:

See, you done told a story. I would bet my last dollar you couldn't name the 3A top ten without looking it up.

Kinda hope they are worried about #25. And speed, we ain't running a relay race. If they run it down SC's throat, they can claim to be the first to do it this year. You are right, this may be the best SC has faced.

Yelp, anytime SC ain't playing, I try to watch Gordonsville.

Edited by Termite

I think Smith's relatively small district makes them have to schedule whoever they could get.

In the past they have scheduled teams like Knoxville Catholic.

Warren and White is always horrible, but it might have been all they could find at the time. And, all the district games they have no control over. Cannon is usually bad as is Upperman and York was uncharacteristically(that's a long word) :geek: down.

Gville is usually a tough game and you never know about Macon, and White House is usually tough.

Pearl Cohn has the liberty of being in Nashville in close proximity to teams that will play them.

Now, IMO, I think SC should play Trousdale, but that's just my opinion and it don't count for much. Anyway they have their reasons.

I think they did the best they could with the schedule without driving 150 miles. And, at least they spread the tough teams out.

Croz good luck to you guys next week :thumb:

Calm down ladybug, all i did was make my prediction for this game and you get your bloomers all ruffled and start your "at least we beat gordonsville rant" and to be honest its boring when thats the best you can come up with year after year. Please dont put down the fine folks at gordonsville just because charlie is running his yap...(thats what i do) I have watched the owls several times this year and im sorry to offend you by saying YES they are very over rated !! IMHO they couldnt beat any team ranked in the 3a top ten. Am i wrong... maybe but i dont think so. PC will be on #25 like white on rice and they have the speed to contain the deep passing threat. I look for pearl to run it down your throat all night long. This will by far be the toughest team the owls have faced so far so do all your bragging now because friday night everyone will see just how over rated the owls are !! But on the bright side you can still come watch the tiggers play as we will be around for a few more weeks. I will for sure be there .. not to root for PC though, i just love the fireworks :thumb:

I wouldn't be bragging and predicting anything right now............ :mellow:

just because you walk around with Smith county powerhouse blinders doesnt make you correct. Fact is not another top seed in playoffs is worried about there first round game like Smith is. Tell me this, if you had played TC or Signal mnt. and won say by 2 scores, would you be worried about a 5-5 team that is a little athletic? No, but you didnt so now there is the unknow factor about how good you really are. There should be no doubt about a first or second round playoff game now that there is 6 classes and waterdown like it is if your 10-0. I stick to my statement that we will all see if the weak schedule come back to bite Smith.

Not many 5-5 teams are as good as PC is. With the exception of David Lipscomb, PC has played a very tough schedule. I almost bet if a lot of 3a teams played the schedule PC has they would have almost 3-5 losses. Some people put too much stock in playing a tough schedule. I've seen a lot of teams in different sports every year who play a weak schedule do just as well or better than someone who plays a tough schedule. Will the schedule PC plays help them be prepared for SC...of course it will, but will SC playing a weaker schedule hurt them...no it won't. I've heard SC plays a weak schedule, and I agree it's not the strongest schedule but I wouldn't call it extremely weak. To say it's weak is to say Gordonsville, White House, LA, Dekalb County, and Macon County are weak teams. Those are all 5 playoff teams and all has a good chance at going on to the 2nd round in the playoffs and SC has outscored them 157-84. I would love to see SC and TC play but they don't. If the kids are good enough they'll win and if not well then they'll lose. I'll be at this game and I hope it's a very good one...good luck to both teams!

Pride...how have you been? Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Everything is fine, thanks. Man, I have missed this. All this ranting and raving about shoulda, coulda, woulda, if only.....ahhhhh......brings back many good memories. 12 pages of posts and barely one full page about this game! Gotta love it! :unsure::roflol::rolleyes:

Antwan, I've always respected your opinion. I've been out of touch for a while. I did see the WH game on TV and I liked what I saw. What do you think about this game and SC's chances?

You dont have to scout 2 years out to know white county and warren county suck. THEY DO EVERY YEAR! Macon, Livingston, White House and Dekalb might all be history after the first round.So this leaves your one truely tough game against a 1a school Gordonsville. Trousdale is right down the road....play them.

Look at Trousdale playing Warren Central in KY 6a, Signal Mountain playing Blackman 6a, Alcoa playing the 6a state champion Maryville. You cant sit here and tell me Smith knowing tired to schedule a tough schedule outside there already weak ( we know they cant help this) district. You are the silly looking one. There lack of a gold ball shows somehtingis not getting the playoff ready with all the 10-0, 9-1, or 8-2 teams they have had that stumbled in the playoffs. They struggled even in the first round of playoffs verse east Lit. Does TC or Alcoa ever struggle in the first round? Get real.

I don't know who your team is but by the way you talk sounds like they took a stompin from SC this year. Say what ya want but we beat your tail too so go home an try again next year. Don't feel lonely it happened to 10 other teams too

PC has been through to much this year to let SC get in their way of a state title. So if I were you guys i would shut-up, sit back and quit predicting and tell your guys to show up friday night. Cause we are Bringing it!

You sure are asking alot because that's what we fans do is talk smack, make predictions and shut us up newby or someone in dee skies. Boy you better be bringing it come friday and your boys better have dem chin straps on tite cause you fixing to see some Owl ball.

PC has been through to much this year to let SC get in their way of a state title. So if I were you guys i would shut-up, sit back and quit predicting and tell your guys to show up friday night. Cause we are Bringing it!

Quite brazen for your first post there son. Even IF you beat SC you have a lot more in your way of that gold ball. With your post I'd say you are gonna rile a lot more people up than shut them up, just wait til ol' Termite gets a hold of you. SC will show up Friday you can bet your last buck on that. They know what they can accomplish this year and have their mind set on it.

Go Owls! :thumb:

I don't know who your team is but by the way you talk sounds like they took a stompin from SC this year. Say what ya want but we beat your tail too so go home an try again next year. Don't feel lonely it happened to 10 other teams too

Got a sneeky feeling we beat them 13 years in a row.