7AAA vs Maryville

SCBisondad

Maryville played only 3 or 4 6a teams all year. Comparing 7AAA to Maryville's district is like comparing the SEC to Conference USA. Maryville has an outstanding quarterback but has about as good a chance of beating Blackman or Riverdale as Houston (Conference USA undefeated) beating any of the top 3 SEC teams (Bama, LSU or Arkansas)

[/quote

Outsider here but show respect to the MARY, the are the defending champs and their history speaks for itself

]

Blackman held on to beat Farragut 41-38 .... at Blackman ... we beat Farragut pretty easily at their place 35-6 , and you think Maryville wouldn't even have a chance to beat Blackman or Riverdale ... btw , Farragut has been on a slide ever since Maryville beat them , don't know why , but they got beat by Lenoir City , and barely escaped in beating William Blount 10-7 .

Farragut might of beat Oak Ridge earlier in the season 28-21 , but just like last year, Oak Ridge has improved every week , and I would bet Oak Ridge would beat them now . We are all actually pretty surprised you guys had so much trouble with them , and I listened to the game , so I know they did this with a 140lb Sophomore QB .... don't know if Cody Rule got hurt or what , but that was their second string QB you guys played most of the game against .

You 7AAA cheerleaders may just get all you can handle and then some against Oak Ridge in a couple of weeks . Oak Ridge isn't in our district , but they are on our schedule every year now . Btw , Farragut was probably the 4th or 5th best team we played this year ... yet super7AAA had all they could handle with them tonight . :roflol:

I usually try to stay out of this debate because it is almost always opinions based on very few facts. Pep did a nice job of supporting his opinions with recent facts from a "real" game not some made-up matchup. The facts highlighted above I think make a very valid arguement.

But, since everyone else is throwing out their opinions without valid arguements...here are mine.

1. Riverdaleman is a classy guy and represents his team and district well. ( I have some facts to support this opinion but I supppose it is just my opinion)

2. Many District 7AAA fans have over-estimated the strength of their district and underestimated the strength of others.

3. Many of these posters are here just to stir the pot and would not wager on half of what they say they believe. Yet, some are just idiots (once again, just my opinion, but I am collecting a lot of facts that support that too)

4. This year's Maryville team is one of their best ever....I assume some of these posters believe the same about their teams.

5. I hope Riverdale and OR have the opportunity for a re-match. I think it would make for a great game. I would definitely pull for the wildcats but I would not bet against Riverdale.

Oh yeah, one last fact, none of these facts or opinions matter. It will all be played out on the field over the next 4 weeks. Good luck to all of you and I wish for a safe rest of the season.

Let look at facts from last nights playoffs, Farragutt plays blackman for a THREE point loss a team that lost to Lenior City which turns out they beat the defending 5-A state champ, heres the point Maryville man handled FHS from the first snap had their second and third teamers in the whole second half FHS plays one of the 7A power houses and almost beats them just in compairson that doesn't look good, lets just wait and see if Maryville even gets to play one of those 7AAA teams and I guess it will be settled then but so far I like their chances

I hope you guys got some sleep last night. I personally would like to see Maryville play some games on the national scene. Trinity or St. X from KY or Gaffney, Byrnes or Dorman from SC would be fun to see. Even Baylor or McCallie would be nice. I believe Maryville is good enough to compete and get the kids, school and TN more exposure for that matter.

Any more thoughts?

I have no desire to go to South Carolina or Other states for games. I would love to see Maryville play Ensworth,BA,MBA or Baylor. Maybe one of those teams can get in the Airport Kickoff Classic in 2013. I know next year Maryville will play Cleveland and Alcoa will play Webb.

Although you may not enjoy the trip, it would be great to see how the #1 powerhouse program in Tennessee matches up with other state powerhouses.

I think some anti-Riverdale/Blackman people are just trying to get Maryville all riled up. Any knowledgeable fan knows how good Maryville is and the above statement was either made by somebody like that or somebody that is very, very stupid.

I thing a lot of the contents of this pot have been stirred by a Lost Ole Dad. I think he is one of your own.

Let look at facts from last nights playoffs, Farragutt plays blackman for a THREE point loss a team that lost to Lenior City which turns out they beat the defending 5-A state champ, heres the point Maryville man handled FHS from the first snap had their second and third teamers in the whole second half FHS plays one of the 7A power houses and almost beats them just in compairson that doesn't look good, lets just wait and see if Maryville even gets to play one of those 7AAA teams and I guess it will be settled then but so far I like their chances

That same Lenoir City team that beat Columbia was drilled last week by Maryville 40-0. Maryville had Farragut down 35-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter and started subbing. I agree with your post.

I thing a lot of the contents of this pot have been stirred by a Lost Ole Dad. I think he is one of your own.

Guilty as charged.

Maryville IS the Champs until the last game is played. My only defense is most of my stirring was because of a couple NOT giving R'dale ANY respect for their Gold Balls in 5A when Maryville was cleaning everybodys clock in 4A.

This will be my last word on the playoffs this year as I obviously do not know anything in some folks 'OPINION' which is all ANY of us express on here.

'IF' R'dale and Maryville should be lucky enough to play each other I will congratulate the winner whoever it is.

Guilty as charged.

Maryville IS the Champs until the last game is played. My only defense is most of my stirring was because of a couple NOT giving R'dale ANY respect for their Gold Balls in 5A when Maryville was cleaning everybodys clock in 4A.

This will be my last word on the playoffs this year as I obviously do not know anything in some folks 'OPINION' which is all ANY of us express on here.

'IF' R'dale and Maryville should be lucky enough to play each other I will congratulate the winner whoever it is.

LOD you can come over to the Oak RIdge threads and "stir the pot" as we like it!!! We'll take all the stirring we can get.

Hope to see the Warriors in two weeks.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL