CAK & Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you came to this game tonight you definitely got your money's worth! Hats off to both teams for a thrilling, never say never, hard hitting, whats going to happen next, kind of game. Wow! Alcoa gave it all they had and so did CAK. Just a classic case of two teams refusing to lose, leaving it all on the field, and sadly somebody had to lose. It took overtime and a blocked PAT to settle it. Alcoa did themselves proud by coming back with a good game plan and more intensity than the last meeting 3 weeks ago IMO. They fought like champions and have nothing to be ashamed of. I just hope CAK can now represent Dist.4 as well as Alcoa has. Alcoa Nation did a great job of coming and supporting their team.

What can I say about my boys in blue (actually black tonight)? They started off slow but kept chipping away. We lost 2 games by 1 pt. each this season and one of them was in OT, so it was good to finally have one of these go our way. Congratulations WARRIORS!!!

Got to get to bed, this game has about killed me, ha.

Congrats WARRIORS!

FootballDad, as bad as it was to see my Tornadoes loss, I am so happy for you and your Son. You have become a great friend and I have enjoyed the conversions over some good vittles and your fellowship over the years. You are a true class act in victory and defeat. I look forward in seeing CAK and #18 represent the district and bring their well deserved GOLD home to East TN! :thumb:

Yeh, we can't beat Milan, just like we couldn't beat PC the first time, Goodpasture, the PC the 2nd time. Get ready to see some real defense.

where in my post exactly did i say CAK couldn't beat milan. i said i liked milan's chances against CAK rather than against alcoa. surely you private schoolers know how to read better than that.

Congrats WARRIORS!

FootballDad, as bad as it was to see my Tornadoes loss, I am so happy for you and your Son. You have become a great friend and I have enjoyed the conversions over some good vittles and your fellowship over the years. You are a true class act in victory and defeat. I look forward in seeing CAK and #18 represent the district and bring their well deserved GOLD home to East TN! :thumb:

Thanks for those kind words BC. :flower: Winning trophies is great and that is certainly most team's goal, including CAK's, but for me, earning respect from a program at the level of Alcoa's is priceless. My Warriors have some mighty BIG shoes to fill in trying to keep the gold ball in District 4. I hurt for the Tornado Sr.s that had to get on that bus for the ride back across the river, believe me, our guys know EXACTLY how that feels. And I am joyous not only for our current players, but for all those past players I saw hugging the fence during the game and shouting encouragement to the players on the field. I believe that CAK has now done enough to actually make this a rivalry rather than just a spirited contest. Alcoa's players were very gracious in defeat with the great majority of them telling our boys to bring home the gold ball. Nice testimony for your team! I hope the Alcoa Nation will be kind to your team in the aftermath of this loss. The pressure to win STATE at Alcoa must be enormous and after all these are just 15-18 yr. old kids/young men who don't get paid or get a scholarship to come out and entertain us all on Friday nights. I'm sure most will recognize the contribution those young men have made in winning several of those gold balls in the past. I hope to see lots of Alcoa sweatshirts and letterman's jackets in our stands this coming Friday night routing on their district 4 brother. If that's asking too much, then just come and have a good burger and some nanner puddn.

if we can get past fairview tonite, then we shold make it to cookville.

we have a better chance against cak than alcoa because alcoa is in our heads because of the last 2 meetings. JMO.

Yeh, we can't beat Milan, just like we couldn't beat PC the first time, Goodpasture, the PC the 2nd time. Get ready to see some real defense.

where in my post exactly did i say CAK couldn't beat milan. i said i liked milan's chances against CAK rather than against alcoa. surely you private schoolers know how to read better than that.

:roflol: It's got to be really embarassing to make a crack about someone not being able to read when you are the one who misread the posts. See above. You first posted that if you got by Fairview, you would get to Cookeville. As a CPA fan, I responded that you are overlooking CPA (which you are). You then respond claiming I said something I never said. Surely you public schoolers know how to read better then that? :thumb:

:roflol: It's got to be really embarassing to make a crack about someone not being able to read when you are the one who misread the posts. See above. You first posted that if you got by Fairview, you would get to Cookeville. As a CPA fan, I responded that you are overlooking CPA (which you are). You then respond claiming I said something I never said. Surely you public schoolers know how to read better then that? :thumb:

cak cpa. what's the difference? :roflol:

Congratulations to Alcoa for continuing to fight till the end. The Alcoa seniors have had a truly special 4 years that they will never forget.

To the Warriors, congratulations for doing whatever it took to survive and advance to the semi final round. CAK has made a habit of playing as hard as humanly possible for the entire 4 quarters over the last several years, and that same ethic paid off big time last night. Going in at half time down 21 to 10, rather than coming out defeated and flat, these guys turned it up a couple of notches in intensity from an already intense start. There were several Warriors that just played an "over the top" game. #'s 18 and 22 on defense come to mind.

This is a victory that has been a long time in the making that may not be fully understood by programs that don't play Alcoa on a regular basis. I believe either of these teams would have been more than worthy to meet A-E in the semi's and potentially represent the east at State. I look forward to discussing the match up with A-E, but this weekend, for the parents and fans at least, is about enjoying this victory.

Edited by Govolsknox

Thanks for those kind words BC. :flower: Winning trophies is great and that is certainly most team's goal, including CAK's, but for me, earning respect from a program at the level of Alcoa's is priceless. My Warriors have some mighty BIG shoes to fill in trying to keep the gold ball in District 4. I hurt for the Tornado Sr.s that had to get on that bus for the ride back across the river, believe me, our guys know EXACTLY how that feels. And I am joyous not only for our current players, but for all those past players I saw hugging the fence during the game and shouting encouragement to the players on the field. I believe that CAK has now done enough to actually make this a rivalry rather than just a spirited contest. Alcoa's players were very gracious in defeat with the great majority of them telling our boys to bring home the gold ball. Nice testimony for your team! I hope the Alcoa Nation will be kind to your team in the aftermath of this loss. The pressure to win STATE at Alcoa must be enormous and after all these are just 15-18 yr. old kids/young men who don't get paid or get a scholarship to come out and entertain us all on Friday nights. I'm sure most will recognize the contribution those young men have made in winning several of those gold balls in the past. I hope to see lots of Alcoa sweatshirts and letterman's jackets in our stands this coming Friday night routing on their district 4 brother. If that's asking too much, then just come and have a good burger and some nanner puddn.

First and formost congrats to CAK. They as well as Alcoa played their hearts out last night! Secondly it was my pleasure to meet you last night and your son is a warrior. Now do not let them think that what they have done is enough its all about Cookville and that gold ball bring it back to ET and make us proud! :thumb:

What a game! I think it will take several days to get my voice back. Congrats to CAK. No way will you lose the rest of the way. I look forward to seeing the gold ball come back to our district...makes a huge statement to the competition and talent that reigns our district. I said after last year's CAK vs. Alcoa playoff game that that 14-3 game was truly the state championship game and I believe I witnessed it last night, as well.

Tough loss for our boys tonight. There was a lot of hard hitting and, I'm sure, a lot of sore men today. Unless you have won 7 straight championships, one will never know the pressure these boys feel each year. They have faced and heard all season, "What's happened to Alcoa?" Nothing. We are still a great team, with great athletes! Our competition also works hard each year to get better and they have.

Hats off to CAK, but hats off to the Alcoa Tornadoes, as well. You've held together and worked hard to make your community proud. Mission accomplished!

Good luck next week. Sure hope you take AE down!