Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I got out early for good behavioricon_e_wink.gif

It's always fun to go back and re-live the meltdown. I think the only thing that could compare is if Stacy Carter ever beats you. I don't know if it will ever happen in my lifetime but one can dream.

You don't have to go back and re-live our meltdown's. Just wait untill the next year. Same thing happens over and over and over and over and over and.............

Your not going to see any boycotting going on at DB. We're all pissed over the playoff disappointments here recently but we all still love our DB football. You know, if we pulled for a sucky team like a lot of the teams around here then we would realy consider it for real. It's unfortunate that a lot of these local schools have to play for some real bad coaches. How in the world Scott Rider is still at Volunteer i have no idea. He must have some pictures on the athletic director. Anyway, his idea of motivation is locking his team in a room with the lights off in complete silence before each game. Does anyone else think that is very, very stupid. Not much for motivation huh? Roll Triobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told at work this week that Volunteer only had numbers in the 20's, and that was counting freshmen. I've also heard about the "silent theory" and was told that during team meals that nobody is allowed to speak. I can't believe he's still there.

I was told at work this week that Volunteer only had numbers in the 20's, and that was counting freshmen. I've also heard about the "silent theory" and was told that during team meals that nobody is allowed to speak. I can't believe he's still there.

Boy could I come up with some really good ones here! But I think I'll just let it go.I've got to drive through there tomorrow.

You guys shouldn't give Coach Rider such a hard time. He can coach. He has little talent to work with and there is such a loser mentallity down there. It's pitiful. Everytime i have spoken to him about this years team he is the most upbeat of any person in Hawkins Co. Everyone else expects to be a loser. It's almost impossible to change that because it's handed down by generation and Volunteer has been losing in football long enough now for the first group of losers kids to be there to carry on the tradition.

Sorry but so true. If you don't think thats the case look at the winning programs around here DB, GC, PV. Great football traditions. Handed down from generation to generation. Only way to break that is to bring in new blood in the community. Ask Daniel Boone fans and coaches. Areas growing, sports programs are improving every year. Think About It !!!!

You guys shouldn't give Coach Rider such a hard time. He can coach. He has little talent to work with and there is such a loser mentallity down there. It's pitiful. Everytime i have spoken to him about this years team he is the most upbeat of any person in Hawkins Co. Everyone else expects to be a loser. It's almost impossible to change that because it's handed down by generation and Volunteer has been losing in football long enough now for the first group of losers kids to be there to carry on the tradition.

Sorry but so true. If you don't think thats the case look at the winning programs around here DB, GC, PV. Great football traditions. Handed down from generation to generation. Only way to break that is to bring in new blood in the community. Ask Daniel Boone fans and coaches. Areas growing, sports programs are improving every year. Think About It !!!!

Sorry, but you're either a woman or a man who knows nothing about football. He's a complete idiot who got that job just because of his name. Simple. Fire him and hire a coach who has coached at DB or somewhere else.Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbfan and Waco, I appreciate the fact that you two clowns stay on here all the time bashing everyone this side of Morristown. Coach Rider has probably forgot more about football than either one of you will ever know. Don't be surprised, if he does leave Volunteer for whatever reason that he ends up on the Indians staff. Thats usually how it works around here.

I've seen the efforts Scott Rider puts into trying to make a football program at Volunteer. If you guys wanna talk about coaches you need to stay in your own back yard. DB has top notch facilities, players (every year). What more do you need to win it all. First thing you have to figure out is how to get past round 1 of the playoff. Usually the team that beats you in round 1 was a team you beat earlier in the year. Sounds like some coaching problems. Last years loss in the first round tells it all. To blow a lead like that is all on the head coach and his staff. So stay off a good guy who works hard and would kill to have the arsenal that the mighty Dobyns-Bennett has. Start bitchin about a good guy who wins a lot of games each year (VERY FEW OF THEM AGAINST QUALITY PROGRAMS) ,but can't beat the real football teams from down the road. That much about football I do know!!!!

dbfan and Waco, I appreciate the fact that you two clowns stay on here all the time bashing everyone this side of Morristown. Coach Rider has probably forgot more about football than either one of you will ever know. Don't be surprised, if he does leave Volunteer for whatever reason that he ends up on the Indians staff. Thats usually how it works around here.

I've seen the efforts Scott Rider puts into trying to make a football program at Volunteer. If you guys wanna talk about coaches you need to stay in your own back yard. DB has top notch facilities, players (every year). What more do you need to win it all. First thing you have to figure out is how to get past round 1 of the playoff. Usually the team that beats you in round 1 was a team you beat earlier in the year. Sounds like some coaching problems. Last years loss in the first round tells it all. To blow a lead like that is all on the head coach and his staff. So stay off a good guy who works hard and would kill to have the arsenal that the mighty Dobyns-Bennett has. Start bitchin about a good guy who wins a lot of games each year (VERY FEW OF THEM AGAINST QUALITY PROGRAMS) ,but can't beat the real football teams from down the road. That much about football I do know!!!!

Uh, excuse me Mr.Transvestite..........but I don't recall saying anything about coach Rider. I do, and will continue voicing my opinion on the sorry coaching we have this side of Morristown. Especially in my own back yard. Where have you been.

Sorry. I guess i was wrong. You must be his wife or maybe his "life partner". We've been deep in the playoffs more than we've been sent home early. You know, playoffs are where you get to extend the season after you've been successful during the regular season. And heck no, Scott Rider will never be on the Indians team. He's a complete idiot just as are most of the coaches at that school. They have grown in numbers over the last few years and the coaching staff has them going in the wrong direction every year. And one of the reasons our program has seemed to fall short these past years are more than likely due to the increased in Hawkins County coaches coming our direction and yes, our head coach getting a little long in the tooth. But anyway, WE ARE DB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My schedule isn't going to let me watch near as many practices at J Fred this year,so I hope a dad,mom or fan can keep us up to par on what's going on with the Tribe.A lot of parents have really missed a big part of their kids life by not being at their football practices.I know you have to make a living,but you get one shot to watch your sons grow into young men.I always have liked taking vacation for ball season.I figure that you have a life time to see those fabulous co-workers and take trips to the beach and sit in a jacuzzi that someone probably left a gift in.

Sorry. I guess i was wrong. You must be his wife or maybe his "life partner". We've been deep in the playoffs more than we've been sent home early. You know, playoffs are where you get to extend the season after you've been successful during the regular season. And heck no, Scott Rider will never be on the Indians team. He's a complete idiot just as are most of the coaches at that school. They have grown in numbers over the last few years and the coaching staff has them going in the wrong direction every year. And one of the reasons our program has seemed to fall short these past years are more than likely due to the increased in Hawkins County coaches coming our direction and yes, our head coach getting a little long in the tooth. But anyway, WE ARE DB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since 1969

1st / 2nd Round Loss - 26

3rd Round Loss - 4

4th Round Loss - 2