Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale: How is this year's team different/similar to the team we saw 2 years ago? I remember a big QB who could do some things & was really impressive, and I also remember a DL (who was supposed to be a Mr. Football candidate) that I was not at all impressed with.

Here is our local prep writer's preview of the Oak Ridge game: Riverdale ready for rematch

Provides some names and some stats. A healthy Woodruff would have compared favorably to the QB you saw two years ago. May not be as physical size-wise, but great quickness and field awareness. If Andrew Dale is the starting QB, may remind you more of Cody West from two years in physical stature. Two of the backs that were playing as sophomores two years ago are now seniors. One of their younger brothers sees a lot of playing time as a sophomore.

Biggest difference may be huge reduction in turnovers, especially fumbles. Remember two years ago early turnovers and dropped passes put Riverdale in a huge hole. Maryville's defense had a lot to do with that. After everyone caught their breath, Riverdale almost made a game of it. The final score does not indicate how one-sided the game was early. Maryville may have taken the foot off the pedal to some degree or the adrenaline may have receded a little with the big lead.

Each team will want to set a tone early. I think each team's first two possessions will tell the fans a lot about the game. 0-0 or 7-7, we may have a ball game. 14-0 Maryville may start feeling like deja vu all over again. 14-0 Riverdale may create a pretty neat high school atmosphere as both sides, which are right on top of the field, no track at the Black Hole, start making a lot of noise.

I saw Maryville in last year's State Championship game. How does 'Murvulle' compare this year to the '09 and '10 version? I know Robinette is the real deal. Fun to watch. And the tailback is pretty good one. This game will probably come down to turnovers and the big uglies.....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Here is our local prep writer's preview of the Oak Ridge game: Riverdale ready for rematch

Provides some names and some stats. A healthy Woodruff would have compared favorably to the QB you saw two years ago. May not be as physical size-wise, but great quickness and field awareness. If Andrew Dale is the starting QB, may remind you more of Cody West from two years in physical stature. Two of the backs that were playing as sophomores two years ago are now seniors. One of their younger brothers sees a lot of playing time as a sophomore.

Biggest difference may be huge reduction in turnovers, especially fumbles. Remember two years ago early turnovers and dropped passes put Riverdale in a huge hole. Maryville's defense had a lot to do with that. After everyone caught their breath, Riverdale almost made a game of it. The final score does not indicate how one-sided the game was early. Maryville may have taken the foot off the pedal to some degree or the adrenaline may have receded a little with the big lead.

Each team will want to set a tone early. I think each team's first two possessions will tell the fans a lot about the game. 0-0 or 7-7, we may have a ball game. 14-0 Maryville may start feeling like deja vu all over again. 14-0 Riverdale may create a pretty neat high school atmosphere as both sides, which are right on top of the field, no track at the Black Hole, start making a lot of noise.

I saw Maryville in last year's State Championship game. How does 'Murvulle' compare this year to the '09 and '10 version? I know Robinette is the real deal. Fun to watch. And the tailback is pretty good one. This game will probably come down to turnovers and the big uglies.....

Dave moore like tha '10 vershun than tha '09...Butt moore like tha 2005 teem than eithur one inn my opinyun.....A purty fare 'hillbilly' footbawl teem.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

This will be a family feud next Friday. I have family member who starts for Maryville, but also Coach Aydelott is a distant relative. I just think Maryville, will be able to adjust to anything Riverdale throws at them. This IS the best Maryville team, I have seen. Go Rebs! Welcome to the Black Hole Riverdale!!

Really looking forward to this game. Gonna spend Thanksgiving weekend in Gatlinburg and drive over for this one Friday night.

I haven't seen Maryville in person for several years so it will be fun. I've never watched a game in Maryville so that will be a new treat.

Riverdale is a little better that they were in '09. The defense isn't as big but plays with more salt. The offense has been pretty darn good at times. It will definitely take Riverdale's best game to stay on the field with the Rebs. I've noticed that Maryvile just blows whoever they play out in the first half and then shuts it down from there. The only advantage I can see for Riverdale is if they are 'on' and can force this into a four quarter game. Riverdale has been in several four quarter games with some good football teams.

Go Warriors!!

Really looking forward to this game. Gonna spend Thanksgiving weekend in Gatlinburg and drive over for this one Friday night.

I haven't seen Maryville in person for several years so it will be fun. I've never watched a game in Maryville so that will be a new treat!

Go Warriors!!

TDCman sounds like a good plan....

Eye hoap ewe won't be dissapointid...Mairvul's feeled ain't fancee and knew like ha Tommyhawk stadeeum...Hits old skool...Been playin' on this saim feeled cents 1926....

Haiv a saif trip.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS