Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

What would it take for South Panola to hire Maryville's coach away from you guys? He'd have SEC quality athletes at his disposal every year.

Keep looking....many coaches/schools from different levels have looked to get GQ and he refuses to leave. Im convinced there is only 2 ways he'll ever leave Maryville...

1)Retirement

2)Death

Maryville...and sadly the rest of their opponents...are "stuck" with GQ!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the not going down on a knee, I've never seen one team not do it for us or any other games I watched. Even if there scared of cramps atleast the people who don't get playing time could go down. Or dang they could sit on there but.. Haha I just never seen it so I was shockkked!

But hey I will give you one thing, yall didn't cheer when our player went down like maplewood did when they hurt Lamar. Had him out till last week. So I give you that.

Again good job Maryville!

Well , we certainly are not maplewood for sure and all the MARYVILLE fans I know would never cheer for anyone to get hurt or if they were hurt. That being said , the REBELS kneel to no one. Hope all the Warriors are ok.

Well , we certainly are not maplewood for sure and all the MARYVILLE fans I know would never cheer for anyone to get hurt or if they were hurt. That being said , the REBELS kneel to no one. Hope all the Warriors are ok.

I know y'all were great, I just questioned that when I saw it because from middle tn that's something I havent seen here. Even the woman working the gates was more then nice!! (even our waitresses at the place we ate at was great) so all in all it was a good experience! Good luck next week and congrats on your huge win!

On the plus side we did score first lol- we just couldn't really do anything else after that! It was fun though

Their players didn't take a knee for our player down, thats kind of sad.

As it's been said, Maryville doesn't take a knee for injured players. And I'm glad we don't. The whole practice is Parks & Rec-ish.

If I remember correctly, this caused quit the stir @ WBHS a few years back, which is even more reason to not take a knee

Edited by oldrebel

As it's been said, Maryville doesn't take a knee for injured players. And I'm glad we don't. The whole practice is Parks & Rec-ish.

If I remember correctly, this caused quit the stir @ WBHS a few years back, which is even more reason to not take a knee

Historians refer to that WB game as, "The Battle of Take-A-Knee". :ph34r:

Historians refer to that WB game as, "The Battle of Take-A-Knee". :ph34r:

It is like wearing hats in a store or anywhere indoors. Bear taught me to always take my hat off. Sugar Bowl in Superdome. No houndstooth hat. Other folks wear hats indoors. Doesn't make me more respectful of Golden Gallon or WalMart than them. Just different...

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Exactly why it got on my nerves to see it again , Maryville fans watched quietly , there were probably several prayers said for the young man , then cheered greatly when the young man seemed to be ok . I think it is very childish to even bring this up , especially when it was so obvious how much concern was be given to the young man . If I ever hear " take a knee " again in my lifetime , it will be too soon .

well I would like to thank Maryville for that spanking tonight it was a good one...

your offensive line DOMINATED OUR LINE ALL NIGHT LONG!!!our OL had its moments but your lines dominated ours yall are right about #5 Adam Davenport he is a beast and a TRUE WARRIOR he fought all night long from the first snap til the last he left it all on the field last night and I appreciate that Adam...

I thought Andrew Dale did OK he definatly didnt cost us the game the drops hurt and I ma sure there is 1 or 2 he would like to have back but he did well...

yall was right the mercy rule took effect in the 4th QTR and we see how far we have to go to get where we want to get and that is another state championship we have a LONG WAY to go so lets go to work and improve in all areas to achieve that goal

I LOVE MY WARRIORS