Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are complaining about teams not taking a knee? The last thing I was worried about when I got hurt against WB my senior year was people respecting me. Good grief people.

Riverdale played good for the first quarter and was sloppy afterward. Their QB played well for only having 6 snaps before the game. Their line was huge just like in '09 and had me worried again. They will be great next year and I hope we meet again!

#17?

Lissun fellers we cheered rilly hard when tha yung man frum Riverdail got up and walked off tha feeled....

Now two tha gaim....#5 iz a stud baik....And eye wint and tolt him so aftur tha gaim....Riverdail played hard.....and Mairvul give tham a cupple ov prezints urlee.....Butt tha Rebs took hit off tha one foot line on a 20 play drive and that wuz big time....Jist a totull teem effurt agin a good teem.....And if'un thays a bettur soffmoore runnin baik inn TN than Shawn Prevo...Eye'd luv two see him and recroot him....and offur him life time free garbige servuss..... :blush:

Patton played hiz usual good gaim....And our O-line played grait......Key stat in tha gaim in my opinyun....Mairvul - 1 punt wif 2 minetts two go....Flatt gettin' hit dunn upfrunt....Defense aftur tha furst long run played awsum two....

Cungrats two Riverdail on a fine seesun and all tha fanz eye've injoyed talkin' two all weak...And nice meetin' Tom Kreager and David Limbaugh aftur tha gaim :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Good game for a half. Felt like Riverdale would have to get some turnovers and convert a couple of 4th down plays to keep it close. They got the turnovers early and with 4th and 2 on Maryville 39, they punted when I felt like they should have gone for it. The punt pinned Maryville at their one yard line, but they still marched 99 yards for a td. The backup QB had a cannon and didn't get any help from his receivers, and I could not understand why they didn't let him throw a couple deep down the field, #3 had some wheels, I would have tried to get him deep a couple of times just to see. Maryville, on several occasions, would walk up the safeties and have 11 in the box on first down, because they knew Riverdale would run, I couldn't believe at the high school level they didn't have some sort of audible to try and burn them deep when they did this, but they just continued to run right into it. Riverdale just imploded in the 2nd half and Maryville did a great job of making them pay for their mistakes. The better team won the game.