Baylor vs Ensworth for State Championship

MBARED

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does Baylor or Ensworth win

Well I don't have a dog in the hunt as my name suggests. But I think that Baylor vs Ensworth should be a dogfight. Baylor lost in a heartbreaker last year....didn't Ensworth score with just seconds left to win the championship? Pretty sure that is right. Baylor just crushed Ensworth this year 42-14. But that was probably a perfect storm with Baylor playing amazing and Ensworth not so much. I would expect this game to be very close. I thought I would start the topic. What do you think? Predictions, opinions?

Edited by MBARED

Baylor lead Ensworth the entire championship game last year until the last seconds. They also beat them soundly this year. I think it will be a very close game but the team on the river seems to play Ensworth very well. Baylor 24 Ensworth 21.

The advantage, as always in this league, goes to the team that lost the first match of the year. Repeat wins over the years have been few and far between.

Depends.

Ensworth is a one man team. You saw what happened when Elder was shut down (42-14). Bowers doesn't hold a candle to Parker.

But Baylor hasn't been playing to their potential in the playoffs. Lots dumb of turnovers throughout, and tackling problems against CBHS.

It'll be a fun one.

27-24 Red Raiders

I wouldn't say Ensworth is a one man team. Their defense is impressive, they have good receivers, and to say that Bowers doesn't hold a candle to Parker is pretty ignorant. He has done everything they have asked of him this season. His numbers aren't off the charts nor is his arm strength or size, but there is something to be said for his efficiency and intangibles.

I'll take Ensworth in this one, only because they lost to Baylor earlier this year. Oh, and they have a kid named Corn Elder.

Edited by Treadstone

I wouldn't say Ensworth is a one man team. Their defense is impressive, they have good receivers, and to say that Bowers doesn't hold a candle to Parker is pretty ignorant. He has done everything they have asked of him this season. His numbers aren't off the charts nor is his arm strength or size, but there is something to be said for his efficiency and intangibles.

I'll take Ensworth in this one, only because they lost to Baylor earlier this year. Oh, and they have a kid named Corn Elder.

I will take Baylor in this one. They shut down Elder earlier in the year. That might not happen again....but with the Baylor QB, a strong running game and the best kicker in the state...I take Baylor. Baylor seniors Barrett Gouger and Henrique Ribeiro just won D2 players of the year and that is pretty impressive. But Baylor is going to have to hang onto the ball...which has been a problem for them in the playoffs. Bring the championship home to Chattanooga! Baylor's kicker kick's another 50 yarder to win. Baylor 31 Ensworth 28.