Open zones, Privates, and Public Schools

Govolsknox

Bout as much as having an "in" at the local Board of Education that gets "hardship" transfers approved...at least tuition offsets the additional drain on the resources that ANY out of zone student creates.

or as much as having an "in" with a chorus teacher... but that's moot because your $1,000 off set that, right? whitewash, indeed. :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

Yes I guess it did give the chorus an unfair advantage at the state chorus competition...who do you report that to?

it gave you the advantage, like how you implied an "in" with a school board would help with a hardship approval. :thumb:

you keep giving your daughter's situation with music as your prime example, because there wasn't the music program you desired at her other school. that's irrelevent when we are discussing the topic as it pertains to athletes that have the same sports at other schools that they would rather play at an ooz school with a better program. you espouse lots of ideas that you believe are factual and relative to his subject, but you are just whitewashing the debate at hand with unrelatable experiences. you do understand that, don't you?;)

Edited by snoball5278
  • Upvote 2

Open zone schools should have to use the 1.8 multiplier like the private schools do. That's the only fair thing to do, when closed zone schools have to play with what they've got.

South Pittsburg is open zone. A lot of people that should be going to Marion Co. High are going to South Pitt. That gives them an unfair advantage.

it gave you the advantage, like how you implied an "in" with a school board would help with a hardship approval. :thumb:

you keep giving your daughter's situation with music as your prime example, because there wasn't the music program you desired at her other school. that's irrelevent when we are discussing the topic as it pertains to athletes that have the same sports at other schools that they would rather play at an ooz school with a better program. you espouse lots of ideas that you believe are factual and relative to his subject, but you are just whitewashing the debate at hand with unrelatable experiences. you do understand that, don't you?;)

There was NO music program at the other school...not an undesirable program. If it were a football program TSSAA would approve the transfer with no problem. Whether you like it or not, athletic transfers happen all the time under the guise of "hardship" and no money changes hands. At least tuition schools don't try to hide their athletic transfers and call them hardships.

CPA really has it tough, going by their football and basketball success so far this year. :lol:

Wasn't whining and your post isn't even relevant to the subject at hand. CPA's success, as a 347 student school in a district with schools over 1,000 and a division with schools over 700, isn't due to recruiting or violating the rules - it is due to a dedication to success, hard work by the kids, and a tradition that stands for excellence. Some places have these things,both public and private, other don't. CPA has success because they accept the situation they are in, and work to make the best of it. Win or lose, that commitment is what prepares kids to face the challenges of life after high school.

There was NO music program at the other school...not an undesirable program. If it were a football program TSSAA would approve the transfer with no problem. Whether you like it or not, athletic transfers happen all the time under the guise of "hardship" and no money changes hands. At least tuition schools don't try to hide their athletic transfers and call them hardships.

yes and "No program" was undesirable to you, correct?. i'm not judging you for that. i'm saying that that isn't the case with sports programs(except in rare circumstances), which is the issue here. i don't have a problem with anyone going somewhere if what they desire is completely unavailable, but i do if they are just trying to hitch a ride with a better/hotter program. it spoils the sport as a whole.

that last line was very telling, barb. :popcorneater:

yes and "No program" was undesirable to you, correct?. i'm not judging you for that. i'm saying that that isn't the case with sports programs(except in rare circumstances), which is the issue here. i don't have a problem with anyone going somewhere if what they desire is completely unavailable, but i do if they are just trying to hitch a ride with a better/hotter program. it spoils the sport as a whole.

that last line was very telling, barb. :popcorneater:

yeah, let's audit all the successfull programs in all sports and see how many are ooz for whatever listed reason. You would probably find metro public schools have a much or more ooz enrollment athletes than the tuition schools.

Alcoa accepts tuition students ($500) from a wide area and does not have a multiplier.

It is as simple as that.

Take your high school aged student and $500 and see if it is SIMPLE AS THAT! :roflolk:

Not a chance! Due to over-crowding starting in 2008, OZ students have to be accepted

from the Middle school with a very high academic and disciplinary record. Now,that the middle school is at capacity, acceptance only comes through the Elementary school. Plus,there is a 2 year wait to get a OZ into Elementary school.

ALL new players to the Alcoa Football team this season took a 37701 zip in get in. Even the future QB that lives in Blount County have to MOVE to Alcoa. FACT! :thumb: