District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Tomorrow's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 1: Cascade plays Community at Cascade 5:30. Winner plays Eagleville on Friday (Game 4).

Game 2: Forrest plans MTCS at Forrest at 5:00. Winner plays the winner of Game 3 on Friday.

Game 3: Moore County plays Huntland at 4:30 at Moore County. Winner plays the winner of Game 2 on Friday.

Friday's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 5: Winner of Game 2 plays Winner of Game 3 at Eagleville at 4:30.

Game 4: Eagleville plays Winner of Game 1 on Friday at Eagleville at 7:00.

So how does the loser's bracket work then? Seems like 4-5 loser would get a bye and play 1-4 loser. That does not seem fair to the 4-5 winner. Somebody help explain the bracket.

Tomorrow's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 1: Cascade plays Community at Cascade 5:30. Winner plays Eagleville on Friday (Game 4).

Game 2: Forrest plans MTCS at Forrest at 5:00. Winner plays the winner of Game 3 on Friday.

Game 3: Moore County plays Huntland at 4:30 at Moore County. Winner plays the winner of Game 2 on Friday.

Friday's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 5: Winner of Game 2 plays Winner of Game 3 at Eagleville at 4:30.

Game 4: Eagleville plays Winner of Game 1 on Friday at Eagleville at 7:00.

So how does the loser's bracket work then? Seems like 4-5 loser would get a bye and play 1-4 loser. That does not seem fair to the 4-5 winner. Somebody help explain the bracket.

Losers bracket is messed up in my opinion. The coaches voted on it so I don't know about the dynamics of the meeting. A "ladder" bracket was suggested by someone but it was voted down. Between today and Friday there will be 5 losers. They seed the losers brackets based on regular season finish and ignore the teams that actually won a tournament game. Bad idea and bad result in my opinion.

Currently, Huntland, Forrest, and Community are in the losers bracket after losing a first round tournament game. They will be joined by the two teams that lose tomorrow and the bottom four seeds of that group will play the first round of the losers bracket with the highest seed getting a pass to the next round of games. No reward for winning a first round tournament game.

Forrest lost a first round game and may actually get a pseudo-bye in the losers bracket over the #4 seed who won in the first round and the #6 seed (who put Forrest in the losers bracket).

these could be close games. Cascade may have solved their issues and may play well

Cascade vs Eagleville will be Carkuff vs smith. I think it was a 2-1 game last time. MTCS vs Moore will be another rematch: Roberts vs Bateman. This was a 4-2 come from behind MTCS victory last time.