Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

As far as I could see YOU were the one that decided to take the jab at FC. I didn't see anything else about those that use Baseball or Softball fields nor the MHS textbook issue. Instead you thought you would interject a shady statistic that shows nothing of past comparisons. Since I am mobile and really have no desire to drum up figures to justify it with someone who obviously could care less, other than to blindly throw out moot stats, then I will let it go. Rest assured that FC won't be used as the next scapegoat for Maryville City School and their funding or lack of for MHS athletics or overcrowding issues. Peace for MHS athletics - at least until they decide they can re-arrange the high school to accommodate only Juniors and Seniors and then the new re-organization of re-opening FC when new funding is needed. They can then make Coulter's Grove the new Middle School (7-8 grades) to go along with Maryville Junior High (9-10 grades). That will free the board to re-open Fort Craig for K-3, John Sevier & Sam Houston can be K-3 and Foothills Elementary can just be integrated into MIS for 4-6. Makes sense so we can keep Maryville with only 1 high school.

As Kevin Bacon would say in "Animal House" - ALL IS WELL!

I would like to ask you and the Fort Craigers out there , would you rather keep your school open and have 200 or so students from SHE , JSE & FHE over there? I have listened to folks over the past several weeks complain about the turf and the FC closing and how GQ is satan etc., where were all these folks when the City of Maryville threw in $10,000,000 for the Clayton Arts Ctr? Just what have we gianed from that? But you begrudge our home town football team , band , soccer teams and various other groups that will be using this field , the opportunity to have such a place to play. Up until 5 or 6 years ago the football team was dressing in standing water in the "locker room" and staph was running rampant. Even if this funding comes from the budget it is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the previously mentioned $10 million. Gag on a nat and swallow a camel.

I would like to ask you and the Fort Craigers out there , would you rather keep your school open and have 200 or so students from SHE , JSE & FHE over there? I have listened to folks over the past several weeks complain about the turf and the FC closing and how GQ is satan etc., where were all these folks when the City of Maryville threw in $10,000,000 for the Clayton Arts Ctr? Just what have we gianed from that? But you begrudge our home town football team , band , soccer teams and various other groups that will be using this field , the opportunity to have such a place to play. Up until 5 or 6 years ago the football team was dressing in standing water in the "locker room" and staph was running rampant. Even if this funding comes from the budget it is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the previously mentioned $10 million. Gag on a nat and swallow a camel.

I agree with most of this post but lay off the Clayton Center. That is one big asset to all of Blount County and will pay dividends for years to come.

Stars told me he couldn't figure out why it took so long to build the Clayton Center. He figured they didn't need to level the lot, they could just put it up on cinder blocks and take the wheels off. Once he saw how big it was, he said he wished he would have taken the day off to watch them roll it into place. :ph34r:

Edited by Red Rebels

Stars told me he couldn't figure out why it took so long to build the Clayton Center. He figured they didn't need to level the lot, they could just put it up on cinder blocks and take the wheels off. Once he saw how big it was, he said he wished he would have taken the day off to watch them roll it into place. :ph34r:

That's funny and I don't care who you are.

Well RR....Wonce eye seed them brag Fullmur's big ole house inn on axles..Eye knowed ennythang wuz possybull.... :thumb: