Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Well RR....Wonce eye seed them brag Fullmur's big ole house inn on axles..Eye knowed ennythang wuz possybull.... :thumb:

Since me and Fullmur, errr Fulmer, live real close together (not as close as the GOVMAN) I got to see that fine house up close sitting in the field before they backed it down to Pistol Creek next to the old RR grade. :flower: (Flower for GOVMAN)

Well eye didun't nevur thank that Mairvul Hi wood go two tha saim place two git a feeled that me and mommaSTARS wint two git our Hi-Lo shag fer tha dubble wide....We wint down 411 and hauled hit baik on Nellie Belle.........Yep Daltun, Georgie!!!!............. :popcorneater:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News/story/Green-Dream-nearer-Maryville-officials-get-peek-at-MHSs-synthetic-turf-id-024109

Edited by STARSNBARS

I agree with most of this post but lay off the Clayton Center. That is one big asset to all of Blount County and will pay dividends for years to come.

Oh yes , the sacred cow. Layoff? Can you explain the dividends or is that something that cannot be discussed because of the kick backs.?!

Can't wait to see the new turf and jumbotron. Drive by MHS everyday on my way to work. At 7:00 AM those Maryville players are already outside running drills and flipping tractor tires. Those young men are working hard.

Those young men started working the first Saturday in January to get ready for the first Saturday in December.

Oh yes , the sacred cow. Layoff? Can you explain the dividends or is that something that cannot be discussed because of the kick backs.?!

I have attended three events at the sacred cow and the cow was full of people at each one. These people bought tickets and spent money in Blount County. Two shows of US based performers and one international mean more exposure and more money coming in. Now can you explain "kick backs"?

I have attended three events at the sacred cow and the cow was full of people at each one. These people bought tickets and spent money in Blount County. Two shows of US based performers and one international mean more exposure and more money coming in. Now can you explain "kick backs"?

Sure , a kick back is when someone gives money or procures money , tax benefits etc for someone / entity and then that entity kicks some $$$ back to the first someone. $10,000,000 is a boat load of money, just saying. :thumb:

The field is looking good. Will the finished field be higher than the old one. It is hard to tell. I know they took quite a bit of soil (clay) off before they started laying the gravel base. :ph34r::flower:

From the looks of the field using the Home sideline as a gauge I would say that , at least right now , it seems to be several feet higher.