FCS vs. Perry County

CommanderMan

Key word here people is "MOST", as in "MOST" of these kids have been at the school for years. The private school actively recruits, year in and year out in every sport. There is no way this school is competitive year after year after year without recruiting, the student base just won't allow it on a normal basis. Eventually every public school will have a year or two or more where they just don't have the athletes to compete at a high level. FCS never has a down year, every year they bring in new kids from outside of their part of wilson county. Just last year you had a kid move in there that couldn't play until after christmas because he was at a different school the year before, everyone knows this. There is no way you field the kind of football teams you do year after year without recruiting. In basketball all you need is one or two really good players to move in to have a good team, any decent coach can put together a team with the talent thats at these private schools. The multiplier is a farce, its useless and should be done away with. The only fair thing to do with these privates is either "A" move them all into Div II or "B" if the private school chooses to stay Div I then they play at the highest level i.e. 6A in football and AAA in every other sport. Then the playing field would be leveled somewhat, but then they would all start complaining because they would be getting beat like they beat the Red Boiling Springs of the world and then no athletes would want to play there because they wouldn't be guaranteed a winning season every year. Tuition would drop dramatically, and all they would have left in the christian school were the actual christian students that want a good education with christian values! T$$AA needs to separate the privates or put them at the highest level period! Lets all start a petition and get this done!!!!

Here is where we agree: The multiplier is a farce. And I too wish we didn't have to compete against everyone who hates us just because we are competitive. But just because someone chooses our school over a public school doesn't mean we recruited him or her. Our true advantage is that we can 'choose' to send our kids to these private schools. But as I said, this argument will never end until we are split. TSSAA probably won't fix it, though. They are all about the money. They have pretty much washed their hands of Division II. It seems like anything goes now. I personally don't want any part of it. And to just compete private against private dilutes championships. We have one gold ball each in football, boys basketball, baseball and volleyball. It drives me nuts that public schools with 6, 7, 8, 10 championships in one sport complain when we get one. We were simply the better team THIS YEAR. It's not like we have now taken over athletics. It may be 10-20 years between championships for us. Or we may win again next season. That's what competition is all about. Do you seriously think Trousdale or Perry will not compete for titles next year?

I agree that private should be separate from public and let them divide however they want. But as far as Friendship is concerned that was not a recruited basketball team. They executed well on both ends of the floor with good athletes not very great basketball players. Congratulations on a job well done.

PC had the worse fans of the day, complained about every call. And to the one that called the ref a MF in front of a 3yr old, way to go . learn how to win and lose with pride.Enjoy the silver.

You must not sit any where close to the FSC student section, there no angels themselves.

Key word here people is "MOST", as in "MOST" of these kids have been at the school for years. The private school actively recruits, year in and year out in every sport. There is no way this school is competitive year after year after year without recruiting, the student base just won't allow it on a normal basis. Eventually every public school will have a year or two or more where they just don't have the athletes to compete at a high level. FCS never has a down year, every year they bring in new kids from outside of their part of wilson county. Just last year you had a kid move in there that couldn't play until after christmas because he was at a different school the year before, everyone knows this. There is no way you field the kind of football teams you do year after year without recruiting. In basketball all you need is one or two really good players to move in to have a good team, any decent coach can put together a team with the talent thats at these private schools. The multiplier is a farce, its useless and should be done away with. The only fair thing to do with these privates is either "A" move them all into Div II or "B" if the private school chooses to stay Div I then they play at the highest level i.e. 6A in football and AAA in every other sport. Then the playing field would be leveled somewhat, but then they would all start complaining because they would be getting beat like they beat the Red Boiling Springs of the world and then no athletes would want to play there because they wouldn't be guaranteed a winning season every year. Tuition would drop dramatically, and all they would have left in the christian school were the actual christian students that want a good education with christian values! T$$AA needs to separate the privates or put them at the highest level period! Lets all start a petition and get this done!!!!

I really don't understand this at all. Not going to get on here and blast you or say stupid things. You are a fine example of what these blogs should be about and it's like a bunch of guys sitting on the porch chatting. Here is my problem.....FCS has one incredible year and suddenly everyone points to them having an unfair advantage because of recruiting and other nonsense. I personally know a lot of the coaches and players parents. FCS has all these gold balls this year because they worked their butts off and were coached well. When we played Trousdale in basketball I took a cell phone picture of their trophy case and (as much as it absolutely kills me to admit it) I was in awe of what they have accomplished and I sat there gazing at all those trophies just thinking how great it was that FCS got a "very small piece" of the trophy pie this year. People hate it when the "little engine that could" does something amazing. When PC was getting their silver ball Saturday, I stood up cheering loudly for them for a great season. FCS is losing so many seniors so it's doubtful that we will repeat any championships next year THEN what will everyone say? FCS was dominant this year and knocked it out of the park and bested programs that they were picked to lose against. I say let them enjoy it and congratulate them for a job well done.

I believe privates should be placed in division II as well. Some may do it more than others, but all privates have a lot of athletes that come to their school just to play sports. Publics have them as well, but not on the scale that private schools do. FCS is never good in basketball, but this year they are a state championship team. People don't go to FCS to play basketball, but I would bet that most of the kids there playing basketball main focus is either baseball or football. Almost any A school that is good at a sport year in and year out, like JC and Crange are at girls basketball, TC and Gville at football, have mediocre success in other sports. Occassionally they'll be good at other sports for a year or two, but not on a year in and year out basis. Of those 4 schools I named tell me another sport, may it be boys or girls, that you can just bank on them being good every year! For FCS it is 3 sports: baseball, softball, and football. They are the only A school I know that you can bank on being good at that many sports on a yearly basis. I can't think of another A school that is as dominant as FCS as multiple sports on a yearly basis.

Edited by swanson71

Alright aside from the fact that i love how everyone hates this private school because they win, they did win the state championship. their first ever in mens basketball. so let the players and coaches and the rest of the school enjoy the win and stop trying to bash them when they win.

if you want to argue over football then take it to the football boards. thats what they are there for.

on the subject of recruiting, any school in the state is allowed to recruit. public or private. the thing they cannot do is put an athlete on scholarship. big difference. so this FC team more than likely has recruited players. but none of them are on scholarship provided by the school. so the school is completely legal in the field of recruiting/scholarships.

lastly, congratulations to that well-coached, tough playing Friendship Christian mens basketball team on their first state tournament and first state championship. :thumb: it was a great season to watch and i'm sure anyone else who was at the majority of the games would agree. it feels good to know that a third gold ball for the senior class of 2012 is back in good ole possumtown. cant wait to see what the rings for these boys will look like

I believe privates should be placed in division II as well. Some may do it more than others, but all privates have a lot of athletes that come to their school just to play sports. Publics have them as well, but not on the scale that private schools do. FCS is never good in basketball, but this year they are a state championship team. People don't go to FCS to play basketball, but I would bet that most of the kids there playing basketball main focus is either baseball or football. Almost any A school that is good at a sport year in and year out, like JC and Crange are at girls basketball, TC and Gville at football, have mediocre success in other sports. Occassionally they'll be good at other sports for a year or two, but not on a year in and year out basis. Of those 4 schools I named tell me another sport, may it be boys or girls, that you can just bank on them being good every year! For FCS it is 3 sports: baseball, softball, and football. They are the only A school I know that you can bank on being good at that many sports on a yearly basis. I can't think of another A school that is as dominant as FCS as multiple sports on a yearly basis.

Exactly! There is no way this small school is that good every year in just about every sport without recruiting! They may not win state every year but they are never last in the district in any of the sports they play they are always either at the top or close to it. Like I said before, make them play 6A in football and 3A in all other sports and watch how fast their enrollment goes down.

Regardless of school size when a school has the ability to select students it is unfair to those that are boundary locked. It only takes 4-6 players in basketball in a class to build a team. It doesn't matter if there are 300 or 3000 kids in the school. Privates can go get select kids. Public's have to veterinary kids in their boundaries. It's simple. I'm not saying any of the kids on this team were recruited fact is I don't know. But you can. If you can't see that, I'm sorry. In baseball this is very true as well it just takes a few to add to the regular and wow a team gets a lot better. Especially in Single A.

Edited by EAsports

Doubtful....you have to get through Riverside and Summertown first :o

I wouldn't want to be you if you are a gambler :rolleyes: I didn't think we'd win it in basketball. But BTW got knocked off and Lake Co. went down after winning it all last year. We just shut down the Perry Co. Scoring machine and won it with stifling defense. Stranger things have happened...this year. Don't tell these boys they can't win it.

Here is where we agree: The multiplier is a farce. And I too wish we didn't have to compete against everyone who hates us just because we are competitive. But just because someone chooses our school over a public school doesn't mean we recruited him or her. Our true advantage is that we can 'choose' to send our kids to these private schools. But as I said, this argument will never end until we are split. TSSAA probably won't fix it, though. They are all about the money. They have pretty much washed their hands of Division II. It seems like anything goes now. I personally don't want any part of it. And to just compete private against private dilutes championships. We have one gold ball each in football, boys basketball, baseball and volleyball. It drives me nuts that public schools with 6, 7, 8, 10 championships in one sport complain when we get one. We were simply the better team THIS YEAR. It's not like we have now taken over athletics. It may be 10-20 years between championships for us. Or we may win again next season. That's what competition is all about. Do you seriously think Trousdale or Perry will not compete for titles next year?

You don't want to play with them because you can't play by there rules. In other words you can't compete. That s why you wanted to stay in divison I. That's why we don't want you in division I cause we can't play by your rules. Saying you can't help it that a star athlete chooses to play with you is fair to us. is crazy. You said it in your own words. CHOICE we don't have the choice. Perry Co is Perry Co kids unless the family moves. Wayne Co is Wayne Co unless they move and so on. We can't choose the school we want to play for. You can. Step up and playing wit the others that can. You can't run with the big dogs so you choose to stay on the porch "division I".