Grace Christian

Jet Pride

You don't see much badmouthing of CAK on here and they've been more successful, longer. That's no coincidence. Knoxville Grace, as a whole, could take some lessons from CAK. Neither belongs in Division I but two totally different attitudes (and types of actions) are shown by the schools.

It was mentioned how Knoxville Grace will likely move up. Probably so but it's not 100 percent. They were 4 students from moving up for the 11-12, 12-13 seasons, in the middle of the classification period. Their enrollment grew by more than the 20 percent requirement for a mid-period change but they were a handful of students from reaching the AA (and 3A football) level, if you believe the enrollment submitted to the TSSAA. Being a private school it would be easy for them to shortchange the enrollment to stay in Class A these two final seasons, maybe beyond, while a public school would need to submit accurate totals to the state for funding purposes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see much badmouthing of CAK on here and they've been more successful, longer. That's no coincidence. Knoxville Grace, as a whole, could take some lessons from CAK. Neither belongs in Division I but two totally different attitudes (and types of actions) are shown by the schools.

It was mentioned how Knoxville Grace will likely move up. Probably so but it's not 100 percent. They were 4 students from moving up for the 11-12, 12-13 seasons, in the middle of the classification period. Their enrollment grew by more than the 20 percent requirement for a mid-period change but they were a handful of students from reaching the AA (and 3A football) level, if you believe the enrollment submitted to the TSSAA. Being a private school it would be easy for them to shortchange the enrollment to stay in Class A these two final seasons, maybe beyond, while a public school would need to submit accurate totals to the state for funding purposes.

I had the pleasure of playing CAK back in the day. Very classy bunch. Very graceful even in defeat. Same way with Temple back in the early-mid 2000's. Some of the friendliest, classiest people I ever mat. Same with Grace Baptist. And J. Frank White. And King's Academy. And Jackson Christian. And even Friendship, to an extent..

See, publics don't hate privates. They just hate Grace. Its not just a coincidence that SO many people have SO many bad things to say about them. There is substance behind all that talk.

Is there a web site that has current enrollment figures for TN schools?

http://www.tssaa.org/newenrollments.cfm

Grace's 286 gave them a multiplier amount of 515, and it looks as if 520 or so would have been the required amount to move up for the final two years of the classification period. These numbers are mid-period but by the end of the next school year they will be close to three years old. A two-year period would help prevent schools from sliding under the enrollment cutoff, then playing well over their actual classification amount for 2 or 3 seasons. It would also be useful in putting brand new schools/schools starting programs in a particular sport in the right groups.

Really Ram Fan, cakewalk? Take it from a private school fan whose team has actually won a STATE TITLE or 3 (this year) on the field & court rather than on a message board. You might want to get outside east TN and actually compete with the FC, TC, Boyd Buchanons, etc before letting your mouth get ahead of your butt. Seeing as how you guys have yet to even advance to a title game in any sport not sure how you can drop the "cakewalk" remark. Walk the walk then you can talk!

Yes really. Would have been a cakewalk in AA football last season to the finals.

Have made the state tournament in basketball twice, volleyball twice, baseball once, golf once. Yes we have advanced. No, we haven't made any finals..........yet.

I had the pleasure of playing CAK back in the day. Very classy bunch. Very graceful even in defeat. Same way with Temple back in the early-mid 2000's. Some of the friendliest, classiest people I ever mat. Same with Grace Baptist. And J. Frank White. And King's Academy. And Jackson Christian. And even Friendship, to an extent..

See, publics don't hate privates. They just hate Grace. Its not just a coincidence that SO many people have SO many bad things to say about them. There is substance behind all that talk.

No one hated us until we started winning. Back when we were everyones homecoming and when we were getting beat by 50 or more in both football and basketball.......nobody had a problem. That's the facts. People complain about CAK and Catholic as well about having to play them. I hear it all the time. GCA, CAK and Catholic are here to stay in D1. Enuf said!

No one hated us until we started winning. Back when we were everyones homecoming and when we were getting beat by 50 or more in both football and basketball.......nobody had a problem. That's the facts. People complain about CAK and Catholic as well about having to play them. I hear it all the time. GCA, CAK and Catholic are here to stay in D1. Enuf said!

Wow, so much Grace bashing. I used to be the only one. The reason that people say so much isn't because of the winning, it's because of the blatant cheating. Carry on! You other bashers are doing fine without me!

Yes really. Would have been a cakewalk in AA football last season to the finals.

Have made the state tournament in basketball twice, volleyball twice, baseball once, golf once. Yes we have advanced. No, we haven't made any finals..........yet.

Exactly, Like I said ramfan, walk the walk then you might carry some clout west of the Cumberland plateau. Until you actually get on the field with the big dogs in a playoff atmosphere where it is win or go home and PROVE you belong then your school will be looked at as the schoolyard bully of east Tn. It's amusing how you sit back and say "we coulda, woulda, shoulda". Bottom line is you didn't!

By the way, saw some film on your football team from last season. Would compare you to our Regions 4th place team. Just sayin. Might want to establish a running game and o line. Hope to see you in the Boro next week!

Edited by Volzchamps

The whole point is you all didnt start winning until you all started getting mysterious transfers in!I will speak of myself only right now.I had a son graduate from Greenback and he played basketball-lost to Grace in the district tourn and the region tourn-You all had two ineligible kids on that team one of whom you all got in trouble over(williams).we are a very small school and it had been 25 yrs since the last substate game and we had to go to university to play them at home(a team you all lost to in the state tourn by at least 12pts)and we lost by 9,we should have been playing at home and had a greater chance of making the state tourn for the first time ever and you all cheated your way there and our boys who had been busting their butts all yr with what talent they had were left with the bad taste in their mouth,then we find out you all cheated.This is why and no other reason why most people DO NOT LIKE NOR RESPECT your program!It's not you nor the kids it's the administration and the ones in charge(coaches included).And the fact their is no remorse for their actions.I was playing high school ball when CAK came into our district and they never acted nor to my knowledge cheated their way to district and region wins.

I've had quite a disdain for that school since their athletics started. It began in a girls basketball summer league several years ago at Oakdale with the terrible attitudes of the players and the unprofessionalism of their coaches and they have maintained that throughout the years in football and basketball. Cheaters always can make excuses and cheaters normally lie. That is true in this case.

I am a private school guy and understand some of the statements that you have made, but I have a real hard time sympathizing with Grace. The reason is that you guys were caught cheating, more than once, and put on a two year probation. Then, Grace fans come on here and try to justify that cheating by saying that the punishment didn't fit the crime. Your school has obviously done an excellent job of getting good student/athletes enrolled in a very short time. This is going to lead many around you to question the methods used to get those kids. Especially knowing that your school is known for cheating.

http://www.tssaa.org/newenrollments.cfm

Grace's 286 gave them a multiplier amount of 515, and it looks as if 520 or so would have been the required amount to move up for the final two years of the classification period. These numbers are mid-period but by the end of the next school year they will be close to three years old. A two-year period would help prevent schools from sliding under the enrollment cutoff, then playing well over their actual classification amount for 2 or 3 seasons. It would also be useful in putting brand new schools/schools starting programs in a particular sport in the right groups.

Thanks for the info !

Does TSSAA try to divide evenly(ex.115 in A, 115 AA, 115AAA)

or do they have a target enrollmment (ex 540 divides A and AA, 1050 divides AA and AAA)

The game I was going to got rained out so trying to predict 2013 classifications will relieve bordom.