Top Ten DI Teams?

csemary

I think it is pretty easy to say that with the return of Aaron Lopez to their line up and the addition of the State Champion from GA that Cleveland is the early favorite for No. 1 with Soddy Daisy a close second. Lets here what others think....... Lets go Bosken I think you did a good job with the individuals lets see what you come up with for the teams. Lets specify either Dual or Tournament team.

I like this topic! Here goes...

1. Cleveland - with Lopez back and new GA state champ should be very tough to beat!

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Bradley Central

4. Heritage - tied for 14th last year at individual state, expect a big step forward this year

5. Walker Valley

6. Cordova

7. Pigeon Forge

8. Wilson Central - easily could have pushed higher in ranking

9. Clarksville

10 Science Hill - always a power in the east, should reload quickly

4th to 8th were almost too close to call.

Honorable mention - Red Bank, Franklin, Ravenwood, Germantown, Eagleville, Beech and Riverdale

Lopez and West should be exciting to watch. With or without these two studs, this Cleveland team at least appears to be the best top to bottom to ever pass through the old english C. I like your predictions above but find myself wondering how WV gets to 5. I think they finished last year tied for 22nd, and I don't know of any new impact guys? Just wondering?

That's a real fair question. I could have played it safe and picked Clarksville and Science Hill to reload quickly. Walker Valley was young last year and is returning almost everyone. By my count they have 6 returning state qualifiers, 4 wrestlers that went deep in the tournament and a placer in Langford. They had some nice duals wins last season and most of their losses were to the top schools or teams more impacted by graduation. After the top 3 on the list it became very difficult which is probably why no one else has tried

Edited by mocs2011

I like this topic! Here goes...

1. Cleveland - with Lopez back and new GA state champ should be very tough to beat!

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Bradley Central

4. Heritage - tied for 14th last year at individual state, expect a big step forward this year

5. Walker Valley

6. Cordova

7. Pigeon Forge

8. Wilson Central - easily could have pushed higher in ranking

9. Clarksville

10 Science Hill - always a power in the east, should reload quickly

4th to 8th were almost too close to call.

Honorable mention - Red Bank, Franklin, Ravenwood, Germantown, Eagleville, Beech and Riverdale

Beech has 6 returning state qualifiers including a medalist and one kid one match away, plus two nice transfers to a team that finished tied for 7 in AAA state duals. Not sure how Ravenwood cannot be on list with back to back third place finishes. Wilson Central should be way higher. Where is Indy?

Let me take a stab at it.

1.Cleveland

2.Soddy Daisy

3.Bradley

4.Ravenwood

5.Wilson central

6.Clarksville

7.Science Hill

8.Indy

9.Cordova

10.Heritage

10. Beech

10.Walker Valley

Beech has 6 returning state qualifiers including a medalist and one kid one match away, plus two nice transfers to a team that finished tied for 7 in AAA state duals. Not sure how Ravenwood cannot be on list with back to back third place finishes. Wilson Central should be way higher. Where is Indy?

Let me take a stab at it.

1.Cleveland

2.Soddy Daisy

3.Bradley

4.Ravenwood

5.Wilson central

6.Clarksville

7.Science Hill

8.Indy

9.Cordova

10.Heritage

10. Beech

10.Walker Valley

I tend to agree with this list I am not sure why Franklin was above Indy or Beech. I am not sure how good Ravenwood will be I think they lost a few good wrestlers but they always seem to reload. I also think that Blackman will be around the top ten by seasons end.I think it is going to be a tight race in both Williamson County and Rutherford Coutny and Clarksville and Beech should have some good duals

I tend to agree with this list I am not sure why Franklin was above Indy or Beech. I am not sure how good Ravenwood will be I think they lost a few good wrestlers but they always seem to reload. I also think that Blackman will be around the top ten by seasons end.I think it is going to be a tight race in both Williamson County and Rutherford Coutny and Clarksville and Beech should have some good duals

The heavyweight matchup alone between Clarksville and Beech will be worth price of admission. Those two might be two best heavies in state. They might face eachother multiple times.

This is a little more difficult, but I will give it a shot-

1-Soddy Daisy- They are the champs and even though they lost some horses, trust me they have some young guys that will fill in. They have 2 returning champs (Stevens and Jonah Smith from 2011), 6 medalist and 9 past state qualifiers.

2- Cleveland- We have been runner ups the past five years and state champs in 2011, this will be our best shot to win it again. With the addition of West and Lopez we have 4 state champs returning, 7 medalist, and 10 qualifiers. The winner will be determined by the upper weights seeing we both lost them.

The race for third will be very close.

3-Bradley-Coach Smith has the Bears back on track and will be young and tough. Only returning one medalist, but had three a round away. Like Soddy and Cleveland their upper weights will struggle.

4-Wilson Central- They are returning the most qualifiers with seven after SD and Cleveland and 2 returning medalist. Their guys will need to go deeper into the tournament this year.

5- Pigeon Forge- Foreman's boys are returning 1 medalist and 6 qualifiers. They also had four guys a round or two from placing. They will need someone to step up and get the big points Davis did last year.

6-Ravenwood- This squad is well coached and seems to be in the hunt ever year. Lead by Freeman, who is only returning medalst, they have 6 state qualifiers returning.

7-Heritage- With Matlock leading this team as their lone returning medalist, they also have 6 returning qualifiers. Crawford, Boring, and Evans need to have a god state tournament because Matlock can't do it alone.

8-Cordova- I love watching these kids wrestle and could very easily be higher but with only one medalst returning and 4 qualifiers they may have some holes. Mayes is my darkhorse to win a state title.

9-Beech- This squad had been putting in their time all summer and I expect them do well this year. With one medalst and six qualifiers returning they could be a threat. They could have three medalst this year, one being thier first Champ ever.

10-Franklin-Every couple of year this team has a group that carries Franklin deep. This could be that year. Bennett boys need to have a strong year.