South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

They'd probably be at the low end of Class AAA/5A playoffs (roughly 500, 375, 225 in the previous count).

I think that would be sick!! Until its beneficial for all 3 schools though I don't see it happening. As of now it would be great for MC and Whitwell but not so much for South Pitt. It won't happen anytime soon especially with that new gym and their success SP has had. It's not all about football I know but let's be honest here....It really is

Game related comment. Go Whitwell. You probably won't win but each play all eleven of your players have an opportunity to hit a Pirate. Don't short change yourselves. Enjoy the chance. Score if possible. You'll feel better after the game for having done so.

Consolidation comment. Its coming. Economics will dictate it. Nothing to debate. Inevitable.

Consolidation in my opinion would be the best for our kids. Old guys that live for small town football of course will disagree, and that being 90% of coacht, I don't expect any amens. I have supported the idea of a large central school for years. I love our school and our sports teams,but to want to hold our kids back, because i do, would be caveman mentality.

Tigers do not know how to win the big ones. Cornbread Capitol does. Cornbread Capitol has better talent. You are one of the few that says Gordonsville is the team to beat in 1A and I don't think you really believe that.icon_e_smile.gif

That is almost true. We did let a few slip away over the last few years, but on the whole we have a staff second to none that know how to get the job done.

On the Signal feud.....it's not a done deal yet that we have dropped them from the schedule. It's just that Vic gave Price some conditions to meet. If Price doesn't meet them we won't play them.

That is almost true. We did let a few slip away over the last few years, but on the whole we have a staff second to none that know how to get the job done.

On the Signal feud.....it's not a done deal yet that we have dropped them from the schedule. It's just that Vic gave Price some conditions to meet. If Price doesn't meet them we won't play them.

Conditions? Please elaborate.

That grider man put consitions for that price man to meet/roflol.gifpopcorneater.gif

Everyone is amazed at the number of points scored at the Signal game....109. They seem to forget the Whitwell game last year...110 points. And don't forget we beat Whitwell 82-0 in 2008. Other than the 2000 forfeit the last time Whitwell beat South Pittsburg was in 1991. 21-8.