South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

Yes, I understand the forfeit game in 2000 when the kid that transferred got to play a couple of plays in garbage time at the end. That is why I said "on the field". So, 1991. Looks like SP is trying to take #21 in a row from the tiggers. 1991 was a great year for whitwell. Knocked off SP and TC. Wonder how many teams can say they have done that?

not many

Harley Rider your right as well as PowerP about how many from north of our county say we run the score up on Whitwell but sometimes you just can't help it bc there just plain bad. Like you said your friend said,it's up to them to stop us and if that doesn't work throw in the towel and quit and get ready for BB. So many hater's of good football team's and coaches so that's why alot of people always wanna bad mouth them bc that's about all they can do. They sure can't beat them on the field so they get on coacht or at the nearest gathering place and start there bashing..Oh well just my thought's anyway. Just hope for a clean healthy game for both programs friday nite. We'll be there to support the Pirate's if God let's us live till then !!

I am really already for the playoffs. I am tired of hearing about how good Gordonsville is and Greenback. They havent played anyone and really we haven't either but I can't wait to see them go against this offense. I don't care if we have to travel to their place, the moon or anywhere else because you have to beat the ones put in front of you. Maybe if we travel to Gordonsville this year they will have a water shortage and one of those freaky rain storms want wet down the field. Regardless I am proud of this team that everyone says is not up to Pirate standards. If they put on the Orange and Black they are up to my standards and the 3 headed monster we have in the backfield is plain scarey so 1A teams get ready. Sorry Whitwell wrong place wrong time.

Don't really know if it means anything, but those statements made me curious so I came up with this stat. Gordonsville's opponents so far have a combined win/loss record of 16-11. Greenback's opponents 11-17, including a 55-55 (D) vs Oliver Springs. I don't know what the D means. South Pittsburg's opponents 15-13.

Combined scores for Gordonsville (4-1) is 178-70 in five games. South Pittsburg (4-1) is 279-135 in five games. Greenback (5-0-D) is 267-76 including the D.

Gordonsville's average score is 35-14. South Pittsburg 56-27. Greenback 44-13 including the D.

Got all this off BallFrog.

Don't really know if it means anything, but those statements made me curious so I came up with this stat. Gordonsville's opponents so far have a combined win/loss record of 16-11. Greenback's opponents 11-17, including a 55-55 (D) vs Oliver Springs. I don't know what the D means. South Pittsburg's opponents 15-13.

Combined scores for Gordonsville (4-1) is 178-70 in five games. South Pittsburg (4-1) is 279-135 in five games. Greenback (5-0-D) is 267-76 including the D.

Gordonsville's average score is 35-14. South Pittsburg 56-27. Greenback 44-13 including the D.

Greenback beat Oliver Springs 55 - 0 according to the TSSAA site. They have them at 6 - 0 with 267 points scored and 21 points scored against.

Edited by rlh

Get it right. 0-9

Old Pirate thought SP had to forfeit the 1 game that the youngun played in and that was for a couple of plays in a lop sided pirate ear holing of their opponent! Leastways, recon the Tigers could get the eye of the tiger & challenge the visiting Pirates. Figure the Pirates best focus on this feud & execute to continue to improve.

I am really already for the playoffs. I am tired of hearing about how good Gordonsville is and Greenback. They havent played anyone and really we haven't either but I can't wait to see them go against this offense. I don't care if we have to travel to their place, the moon or anywhere else because you have to beat the ones put in front of you. Maybe if we travel to Gordonsville this year they will have a water shortage and one of those freaky rain storms want wet down the field. Regardless I am proud of this team that everyone says is not up to Pirate standards. If they put on the Orange and Black they are up to my standards and the 3 headed monster we have in the backfield is plain scarey so 1A teams get ready. Sorry Whitwell wrong place wrong time.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

3 headed monster, rain shortages, haven't played anyone. Keep it coming.

2 Legit 2 Quit. thumb[1].gif

Thank you

D60, what kind of mess is this? Grider needs to have our boys worried about that Barnhart mans team and not that Marshall man team or that Ridge mans team. I garuntee you if we are looking ahead we could get beat. If Grider gets beat in the regular season, we will not get to play at his stadium for the playoffs. Let me ask you another question. What is this ball frog mess? I have tried to look it up in my table of contents in my Murphy Fair book and it is not in there. You think im joking but im not.