South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

Surely a man with as much schooling as you have, what is it, 5 degrees, tell us again please, don't believe what you just typed. There would be no issues with the bus routes, as they would stay the same. You would need the same amount of buses and the only thing that would change is that the kids would have to get up 10 minutes earlier, or the time that it takes to get from their current school to the new school location.

Give some examples of this idea not panning out. I know one that has worked really well and that is north jackson. In my opinion, the bigger school better prepares you for college life, not only because of more choices, but with a bigger student body it makes you more suited for college, plus there would be more classes and more sports available.

Sure there would be parents from all three areas upset that little johnny doesn't get to play, but if they aren't good enough to play on the football team maybe they can find something else to participate in. I don't know whether it will ever happen or not, but this should have been done 15-20 years ago for the betterment of all the communities. In general, kids are going to get what they want out of school, but with a consolidated school one can't deny that there would be more oppourtunities afforded to the kids and that's what we should all be worried about.

Great post! I agree 110% Football is/has been only reason it doesn't happen

I doubt it will ever happen because of the demographics of the county. The Orme community is a good 15-20 minutes away from South Pittsburg now. If they had one school centrally located it would be nearly to Whitwell. Kids from around Orme would be 35-40 minutes from school. That would be tough on a lot of kids. Anyway, back to Vegas talk. Where is Jashaun and the other Vegas posters?

Those are NEW high schools? You gotta be kiddin' me.rolleyes.gif

MT, Old Pirate says theys a feller still looking for you that you ticked off @ Stevereno's by running that yapper...best be careful theys some crazies round these parts, one is jest liable to show up at your office and want to show you some WWA moves....LOPAO....OP done seen most of them from the skillet slinger!

MT, Old Pirate says theys a feller still looking for you that you ticked off @ Stevereno's by running that yapper...best be careful theys some crazies round these parts, one is jest liable to show up at your office and want to show you some WWA moves....LOPAO....OP done seen most of them from the skillet slinger!

Since I weren't at Stevarino's, that must o' been smeagle or Butchie.

If it'd been me,I probly woulda said enough to get him started right then and there.cool.png

Since I weren't at Stevarino's, that must o' been smeagle or Butchie.

If it'd been me,I probly woulda said enough to get him started right then and there.cool.png

bet it was that Butchie feller, ain't sure what riled a feller up figure it may have been pertaining to a past earholing, theys too many touching fellers out there, got to have a sense of humor or else stay out of the cage rattling business. LOPAO...................

Nail on Head

I hate to say it but I do agree with points on both sides of the consolidation issues. I do believe rhatvthe bussing would be very hard to get rifht . I will say that the getting students ready for college is like it always has been. Students get what they put into it. I have had two daughters to graduate from SP and one has graduated from college with honors and the other one is on the deans list so just so just coming from a bigger school doesn't prepare you you must prepare yourself .

This is how it will go. SP gets the same zebra crew as this week and they call a penalty on every single SP offensive play. 13 sideline warnings and finally the referee tazes Vic rendering him unconscience for the rest of the game. With :33 left in the 4th, SP fumbles at the WHS 3 and the ball rolls 97 yards into the SP endzone for and the zebras call it a saftey after a long conference. Vic comes to and attacks the ref and pulls his mask of only to reveal his true identity as Troy Boeck. WHS wins 2-0. It is then discovered that the Mayans were wrong because the world ends. Vic still lodges a protest with the TSSAA. God disallows the protest and Vic, Bill Price, and Troy Boeck all get assigned to the same barracks in hades.

I thought your quote was kinda funny also. Your right people need to lighten up some,it's just a game when it's all said and done. BTW the team yall played last week was I right in my estimation of them? Also Whitwell is catching the Pirates at a bad time,well anytime would be a bad time for Whitwell!

Game related comment. Go Whitwell. You probably won't win but each play all eleven of your players have an opportunity to hit a Pirate. Don't short change yourselves. Enjoy the chance. Score if possible. You'll feel better after the game for having done so.

Consolidation comment. Its coming. Economics will dictate it. Nothing to debate. Inevitable.

Consolidation has been inevitable for 20 years. Probably still be calling it inevitable in 20 more. What matters is the kid. Not the size of the school. A kid can get a great education anywhere if he/she puts the time into it. A lazy student will be a lazy student at a big school or a small school. They are not going to automatically change because now they have the option to take French instead of just Spanish.