Maryville vs DB...if they advance

MLREB

My one and only post on this subject. We have a good team, and I hope to see us meet, with both teams at full strength...both undefeated,... if we dont trip over one of the playoff games first. I know the atmosphere will be awesome, and think it will be an honor to butt heads with the best with our best. I hope we will still be on this thread in a few weeks.

I hope this happens. I want to see the DB band.

I hope this happens. I want to see the DB band.

RR, if you like bands, go to youtube and pull up Ohio State Marching Band, and view the 9 minute clip of their halftime show last week when they played Nebraska. I have nothing for bands and have never watched a band perform out of all the football games I have went to, HS, college, or pro, but I heard about this clip on a radio show and pulled it up a couple of days ago and it will blow your mind, amazing.

I would say DB would want it to be voted on since all there championship have been won that way never earned . It want make any difference where it's at the MARYVILLE will ROLL over the TRIBE by ever how many they want .

you just cant help yourself can you army?.....LMAO....I personally would pay good money to see this matchup. I cant stand DB, but i think this years team could possibly be primed to finally make the trip down the interstate. Hopefully, 2 NET teams will be making that trip...and just to keep people from saying im " sucking up " to the indians....keep this in mind....if DB does make it to cookeville and need some good advice on where to stay, dine and spend time in that area,theres plenty of locals ( greene devil fans) that can help yas out....GO DEVILS

We've got three games to go and I'm ready to see how we do against Science Hill. If we can spank them then I believe we are ready. Like someone said earlier, there are going to be some tough playoff teams this year. I think Farragut will be better and Sevier County is always a tough team. Maryville is just like they always are. I'm just ready for some competition. Our district sucks. I wish we could petition to get out of it. But for now we will just have to make the best.of it. Roll Tribe

you guys are saddled by the fact that your enrollment is so large. aside from science hill, the school nearest to yall with similar enrollment is what, 2 hours away? what's the answer? guess some of us need to start reproducing at an asian rate so the numbers will increase...LOL

you just cant help yourself can you army?.....LMAO....I personally would pay good money to see this matchup. I cant stand DB, but i think this years team could possibly be primed to finally make the trip down the interstate. Hopefully, 2 NET teams will be making that trip...and just to keep people from saying im " sucking up " to the indians....keep this in mind....if DB does make it to cookeville and need some good advice on where to stay, dine and spend time in that area,theres plenty of locals ( greene devil fans) that can help yas out....GO DEVILS

I always had more of a respect then a dislike for Dobyns Bennett when I played for Greeneville.We were to DB as to what the little Greene county schools are to Greeneville now.I remember that david vs goliath feeling when I made a trip to Kingsport one year to scrimmage the Tribe.It was bigger to us then any game we had that year on our schedule.Since moving to Kingsport and having a son make all conference and North east TN,that respect has grown .Every year,coach Clark gives a football scholarship award to one player .It's as big as it's gets for what the award means and the memorial reasons .Coach Clark and the others that make that choice gave it to my son a couple of years back.When someone gives this much respect to your son,it changes your feelings even more.I can say that I still love the Greene Devils ,but if they play DB next Friday night,the green stays home. Edited by BatmanDB

you guys are saddled by the fact that your enrollment is so large. aside from science hill, the school nearest to yall with similar enrollment is what, 2 hours away? what's the answer? guess some of us need to start reproducing at an asian rate so the numbers will increase...LOL

The enrollment has nothing to do with it. I don't think its anything more than being lucky enough to.have a kid come along who.is special and can be coached up. This entire team is special. I really believe its Clarks best overall team. As far as that enrollment point you talked about, there are a couple schools in the state that have small schools but can compete with anyone. And Knoxville has a couple. If we were to close North and South and combine them with DB I still don't think we would be a state contender every year. And I would bet if Greenville combined with a couple other Green County schools you would agree. Its not x's and o's its Johns and Joes. You have to have playmakers and this year we've got two. ROLL Tribe.

The enrollment has nothing to do with it. I don't think its anything more than being lucky enough to.have a kid come along who.is special and can be coached up. This entire team is special. I really believe its Clarks best overall team. As far as that enrollment point you talked about, there are a couple schools in the state that have small schools but can compete with anyone. And Knoxville has a couple. If we were to close North and South and combine them with DB I still don't think we would be a state contender every year. And I would bet if Greenville combined with a couple other Green County schools you would agree. Its not x's and o's its Johns and Joes. You have to have playmakers and this year we've got two. ROLL Tribe.

More johnny's and Joe's =Bigger talent pool=Bigger Johnny's and faster Joe's 90% of the time.. it,s not rocket science.

More johnny's and Joe's =Bigger talent pool=Bigger Johnny's and faster Joe's 90% of the time.. it,s not rocket science.

I know what your saying but for upper east tennessee numbers have not meant anything for us in years. We have to have players. Athletes. Studs. Whatever you wqnt to call them. That's not rocket science either, you know

CarolinaRebel

Just a little history about coach wilson at mhs while I was there. IMO he lost a state championship by not doing as GQ does. MHS was playing LC , undefeated and potent with the single-wing offence .. coach wilson did devise a defence that completely stymied LC .Score 31-0 with a minute or 2 to go. MHS had one of the best runners they''have ever had . He had long since gone to the bench--right ? Wrong .. Coach Wilson kept him in and he was hurt in the last minute -score 31-0. MHS lost in the finals because he couldn't play . It was close, but the yardage usually got from him was not there. IMO,as I said Anybody remember that game and the runner? Would GQ have kept him in?