Science hill at Dobyns-Bennett

LGVol

No, that should not be right. Science Hill will be the 6th seed, going to 3 seed McMinn County and DB the 2 seed will host Jefferson County the 7 seed.... unless the TSSAA changes the Quad...and I hope they do move one of the 5 District Champs out, but doubtful

That's what I thought. Thanks, Art.

Graham Clark coached his tail off to win that one. Up 19-7 after the 1st qtr., scoring on TD's on all 3 possesion in the quarter. A complete turn arnound in the 2nd qtr, with 3 turnovers on all 3 possesions led to 3 TD's for the Toppers and they lead at half 27-19. The Toppers got an instant turnover on an INT to start the 3rd quarter that led to a 4th straight Topper TD to lead 34-19 going into the 4th quatrer.

Here is where the Toppers lost momentum and gave the Indians life....up by 15 and on the Indians 34 yd line with 4th and 4. They hadn't been stopped since the 1st quarter...and Carter did no go for it...he punted (I could not believe he punted).

A long grind it out TD by the Indians was followed by a squib kick on the kick--off that the Toppers cound not control and the Indians got possesions...with another TD and the 2 pt conversion to tie it up 34-34. The Toppers drove the field but #!! made his only really bad throw of the night and #6 Foreman picked it off and fell to the turf on the DB 4 yd line.

The Toppers D had the Indians in 4th down and 4 and punting on that drive, form about the DB 30, but Graham Clark called up his old special that got the Toppers to jump offsides and gave the Indians a 1st down. DB drove the field and ran that clock down to 20 seconds... and kicked a 35 yard FG to take the lead... Now here is another thing Carter can be questioned on..... WHY DID HE NOT USE HIS 3 TIMEOUTS? If so, he could of had time on the clock to move down the field and try for a score.

One of the greatest Games I have ever seen. AN INSTANT CLASSIC. I hope the sun came up in Johnson City this morning Toppers.... you guys are a contender now...what a great Topper Team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

I'm really feeling bad for the SH seniors right now. They've worked basically their whole lives to beat DB and they had it. But it was a great game. And I think we learned that SH actually is a good team and can compete with the top teams. Oh and for the DB fans that gave the SH players a standing ovation, that was class at its finest, that's just what they needed. Both teams played hard and both teams deserve respect.

WOW ! .........What a game. Best I have seen in a long, long time. Both teams played their butts off. I hope they do this in the playoffs. DB had a lot of bad luck in the first half, dropped pass,fumbles,etc. but showed what this team is made of in the 2nd half. I wander why GC doesn't line Foreman up in the shotgun more, it seems to be his cup of tea, and with Swafford in the back of I-formation it's unstoppable. SH played a great game and game plan, man they are on their way up that's for sure. Congrats to both teams on great seasons and good luck in the playoffs!