CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

That's a negative, Amigo.

I beg to differ my painted friend. Lots of question about CAK's ability to slow down Alcoa, but I feel pretty certain that Alcoa will have to deal with not only the Warriors' passing attack, but also a QB with just a little bit of mobility and a pretty darn good RB, both behind a pretty good OL.

I am hoping the Warriors will employ that defense, sometimes referred to as the, "bend but don't break... too many times" defense.

Given that Alcoa's first team has only given up 7 points this year (not including 6A Maryville), just curious what APB, F5, BC, expect CAK to score?

Edited by Govolsknox

I beg to differ my painted friend. Lots of question about CAK's ability to slow down Alcoa, but I

feel pretty certain that Alcoa will have to deal

with not only the Warriors' passing attack, but also a QB with just a little bit of mobility and a pretty darn good RB, both behind a pretty good OL.

I am hoping the Warriors will employ that defense, sometimes referred to as the, "bend but don't break... too many times" defense.

Given that Alcoa's first team has only given up 7

points this year (not including 6A Maryville), just

curious what APB, F5, BC, expect CAK to score?

Actually, I'll predict CAK to score less than Alcoa! :)

Edited by F5seekshelter

ha, I know the Alcoa faithful is looking at CAK's defensive stats and licking their chops. Thursday will be here soon enough!

GVK, the thing that makes me think this one will not be close is that GCA held CAK to 27. IMO, GCA is not even close to Alcoa's defense. I really think CAK will be held to 14-17 points for the game. Personally, I have always liked Coach Bradley, I admire what he stands for, but I just think CAK is too outmanned in this matchup.

I can't disagree with any of the assessments about how weak our defense has been all year, I have said exactly the same thing all season long. But I definitely agree with GVK in that using several of our offensive players on defense certainly makes it a much better unit. IF we had used that defensive lineup the majority of the time against our other district opponents we would have given up much fewer points and yards IMHO. We didn't do that and risk injury to key players simply because we thought there was a good chance that we would be able to outscore them, and we did. BUT Alcoa is an entirely different situation. I don't think these guys will transform our defense into a dominating defense by any stretch, but I do believe it holds the most hope of getting enough stops to give us a chance. Alcoa's D has been impressive, CAK's O has been equally impressive. Should make for a great matchup when those units are on the field. Alcoa's O has been very good and scored a lot of points as well, while CAK's D has performed poorly much of the time. Advantage Alcoa.

GVK, the thing that makes me think this one will not be close is that GCA held CAK to 27. IMO, GCA is not even close to Alcoa's defense. I really think CAK will be held to 14-17 points for the game. Personally, I have always liked Coach Bradley, I admire what he stands for, but I just think CAK is too outmanned in this matchup.

I understand your logic. However, without the benefit of a crystal ball, if your prediction is 15.5 points for CAK, I'll take the over.

BC, just curious why you didn't use any actual pictures of High and Rathbone being dominated last year instead of using pics of Epperly and Pegram? Oh....never mind, I know.

Easy......This years Defense is totally on a different level than last year. High and Rathbone will face a 2010 like D!! Run Forest Run! :)

Edited by BCsportsfan

Dad,

With the revenge factor I think we just need to admit that Thursday night is going to be ugly. We just need to get out of Alcoa healthy. Compared to Alcoa we are slow and small. I really believe Rankin is going to shut down the long ball and keep #25 in check. I don't think #25 will be a factor other than drawing double coverage. By the way you looked good out on the field Homecoming night.

Dad,

With the revenge factor I think we just need to admit that Thursday night is going to be ugly. We just need to get out of Alcoa healthy. Compared to Alcoa we are slow and small. I really believe Rankin is going to shut down the long ball and keep #25 in check. I don't think #25 will be a factor other than drawing double coverage. By the way you looked good out on the field Homecoming night.

I will go with the old cliche of "D" wins championships and put Alcoa with the win in this one.