New 3A Powerhouse

Bigbadwolf

unless milan are future tellers its kind of hard to tell if another is all of sudden going to be great so u wont schedule them. thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

Very true!!! As fans..... we can only guess why these two teams do not play anymore. Who knows why??? I hope they do renew this rivalry. Would do both teams good in preparing for the playoffs to play in the regular season.

Maybe it was Henry County who decided not to play Milan. Why do all the Patriot

fans cry "you want play us when we're good"? That's pretty lame!

I know for a fact we didn't decide to end it after 2004. Our end wanted to continue the series, but it fell through.

And I'm hardly crying about it. I've already explained my position. I realize there might be scheduling difficulties here and there, but I think both communities miss out on what would otherwise be a great rivalry if this were an annual game.

Edited by MSURacer

unless milan are future tellers its kind of hard to tell if another is all of sudden going to be great so u wont schedule them. thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

You don't have to be a fortune teller to see a program that's on the way up or a program that's on the way down. There are usually many signs in place. And surrounding area coaches are not oblivious to those signs by any stretch of the imagination.

• 3 months later...

South Gibson is soon to be the 3A powerhouse everyone else will compete for second place. We are one week away from a 10-0 season and I really believe we will bring the gold ball home this year. Looking forward to playoffs there is really nothing stopping us from going all the way. Many schools on the list: CPA, Cheatham co, and several others have simply played a weak schedule and are not ready for my South Gibson Hornets. We handled Milan in regular season and are looking forward to doing it again. Really doesn't matter if CAK or Alcoa makes it to state this SGC team in only our second year of play is ready to beat them down for that gold ball. I look forward to seeing whoever makes it to a match up with us. Any thoughts.

I'm sorry.... I know this is old. But it is still the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!! :roflol:

South Gibson a powerhouse ____ ???? POOP!!!!! They couldn't even handle a weak East Hickman team, who really outplayed them the whole game. East Hickman wasn't even in the top 6 in our district here in middle tenn. Get a life West. Tenn. , outside of milan your teams are weak compared to middle tenn. Hickman County scrimmages Martin Westview on March 9 in Centerville, we'll see how it goes??????????????

South Gibson a powerhouse ____ ???? POOP!!!!! They couldn't even handle a weak East Hickman team, who really outplayed them the whole game. East Hickman wasn't even in the top 6 in our district here in middle tenn. Get a life West. Tenn. , outside of milan your teams are weak compared to middle tenn. Hickman County scrimmages Martin Westview on March 9 in Centerville, we'll see how it goes??????????????

There are several talented teams in West Tn..... just not in 3A. Westview is usually a pretty good team. Last year was the first time in a long time that they didn't make the playoffs and that is because they were EXTREMELY young. They are returning almost all of their starters this next year and I look for them to be greatly improved. I don't think you will be able to tell alot from a scrimmage though. Don Cody is notorious for playing lots of players and trying them in many different positions in scrimmages. He rarely ever plays for the win, but to see where and how his players can best be used.

Other than Milan.... in 3A..... Camden is probably the most consistent team in West TN. West TN has great teams in the other classes as well. Just not very deep in 3A.

There are several talented teams in West Tn..... just not in 3A. Westview is usually a pretty good team. Last year was the first time in a long time that they didn't make the playoffs and that is because they were EXTREMELY young. They are returning almost all of their starters this next year and I look for them to be greatly improved. I don't think you will be able to tell alot from a scrimmage though. Don Cody is notorious for playing lots of players and trying them in many different positions in scrimmages. He rarely ever plays for the win, but to see where and how his players can best be used.

Other than Milan.... in 3A..... Camden is probably the most consistent team in West TN. West TN has great teams in the other classes as well. Just not very deep in 3A.

I agree with you, there are a couple of good teams that are good in West Tennessee, so Milan is not the only good team. You can not really tell a lot from a scrimmage because of players that currently play 2 sports, and that other sport maybe baseball, track, or soccer.

And yes there are a lot of good teams that can play football and compete with middle and east Tenn. teams.

I never saw this post and I wish i didn't. Maybe his is why people don't like us

Noah,folks generaly don't like a braggert...wheather they have grounds or not.To make a statement about being a powerhouse program is foolish while it's still in it's infantcy...having said that,I do believe that South Gibson is on the way up and soon enough will be a contender...and that some people don't "like" the Hornet fans because of that as well.