South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

I also think it showed that Gville hasn't seen much action in the past month, and SP capitalized on it.

The effort was there for both teams, and the sportsmanship compared to last year for both teams was great. I think it makes us forget about how last year's game went.

I'm sure we'll meet up again next year. I look forward to it.

From the content of the posts GV sounds very beatable. Not like the invinceable supermen they've been made out to be. I like the West's chances better and better.

Every team is beatable, and you listen to Ambassador too much. We hurt ourselves at times, but I think it's commendable that we held SP to their lowest point total of the year, as did SP with us.

Why don't you coach RLH? Risk really doing damage to a young kid by missing or getting an XP blocked? You really seem like a very intelligent person but dang I swear you gotta be a politician or lawyer.

I am a scientist. I just liked they way our guys were playing and thought they would match up better in OT. The 2 pt play in those circumstances are a long shot. In general, I don't think the call was bad because it was going for the knock out. However, this year, the odds of hitting the 1 was higher than hitting the 2 based on the way GV was playing on the goal line. I am sure the kid is wondering about the kick anyway.

From the content of the posts GV sounds very beatable. Not like the invinceable supermen they've been made out to be. I like the West's chances better and better.

There are still 2 other teams in the east that no one better over look. Coalfield has a massive line and Greenback has a solid team as well.

What a great game. Just like a heavy weight fight. The rumble in the jungle. Pirate fans be safe traveling home and you should be very proud of a great team and a good season.

Bigswo, dont be lulled to sleep or consider Gordonsville vulnerable just because the two best teams in 1 A just had a knock down drag out game tonight. If, and i mean "IF" the both of us make it to the ship, dont kid yourself, the boys in blue will be ready.

Awesome upset by Eagleville over Moore co. Im glad theyre coming to us, except for the fact we'll be missing those great bbq potatoes! Lol

Edited by Tigertradition

Im very proud of the guys tonight. They played their hearts out and never quit. They had alot of questionable calls not go their way and the 2 turnovers really hurt. Still though we gutted it out and dug in and fought hard and had a chance to win it at end. Defense couldn't have played any better or harder. Coaches had them ready and it showed. Ive never been prouder of a bunch in defeat as I am tonight. Seniors Stone,Johnson,Hale and Jones, everyone of you guys played lights out tonight and have nothing to ever hang your heads about. Junior class use this as motivation for next year.

Congrats to Gordonsville you finally got over the hump. Hope you guys go on and get you one. Your long over due. For all the talk about Gordonsville being dirty well they lived up to that billing. Don't get me wrong 53 is a great player for you but the low blow nut punch to Johnson was a little much though. You guys better get it this year cause our guys will be right back next year waiting. Congrats again on a very hard fought win.

PS The Mayor of your town coming over to our locker room runing his mouth causing a stink wasn't smart. Show some class. You Gordonsville people deserve better.

First off, Jake Stone played a heck of a game. He made big plays on offense.

I don't know if it was because Gville didn't expect him to carry the ball or what, but he came through when he had too.

Gville had a problem picking up the blitzing linebackers and it hurt late in the game when our FB/LB went out late.

The refs let the kids play, I think there were several that hoped that would happen.

Grider made the right call on the 2 pt. conversion. Maybe he should've let Stone keep it, the only thing he could've done better is using his timeouts more wisely.

The two "desperation" passes rlh mentioned were not desperation, so I call BS on that.

The TD pass called back, from what I could see, one of our Dlinemen got pulled down.

There were other holds that could've got called on SP but wasn't, and there were some on Gville.

Both teams played great games defensively.

Gville was inside the 15 three times and twice inside the 10, we punch it in there it's not much of a game, but it didn't happen that way.

Either way, it was a great game, and I don't think any fan on either side can complain about anything.

There were some things that some can say shoulda woulda coulda. SP could've won, and Gville could've won by three scores.

It's in the books.

The Pirates gave a valiant effort, coaches and players. SP should be proud.

Yeah but by that same logic if SP doesn't turn the ball over they likely would've scored on those drives. We punted twice and outside of that you guys never stopped us besides us stopping ourselves. We had one week to prepare for you. How long have you guys been practicing for the Pirates? Just saying and yes it was a epic battle that will go down as one of the best I've witnessed.